Gerrard agrees terms - unconfirmed

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Appointing any manager is a risk

Of course. But appointing a youth team coach with... zero experience... to replace a youth coach with zero experience one might consider these the actions of completely incompetent nut jobs with about as much care and consideration as a gorilla doing watch repairs with a feather splitter. I'm sure it will be fine though.

I'm saying this knowing that I will fully support any new manager and/or players that come in.

Just now, saintbob1969 said:

Of course. But appointing a youth team coach with... zero experience... to replace a youth coach with zero experience one might consider these the actions of completely incompetent nut jobs with about as much care and consideration as a gorilla doing watch repairs with a feather splitter. I'm sure it will be fine though.

I'm saying this knowing that I will fully support any new manager and/or players that come in.

Who do you think brings a better calibre of player to Rangers? A manager like Steve Clarke, mcinnes or Gerrard? 

We don't need a tactical genius to win the spfl we need a better standard of player and someone capable of inspiring  and motivating what we have. Call me mental but I can see gerrard doing well at us. 

10 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Who do you think brings a better calibre of player to Rangers? A manager like Steve Clarke, mcinnes or Gerrard? 

We don't need a tactical genius to win the spfl we need a better standard of player and someone capable of inspiring  and motivating what we have. Call me mental but I can see gerrard doing well at us. 

Naw I'll no be calling any Bear mental, except maybe that lunatic that supports the SNP. You are correct that SG will be better than Clarke or McInnes. Absolutely and we only need to be better than a celtic team that bombs in Europe every year.

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Appointing any manager is a risk

The most stupid argument ever to have been put over regarding Gerrard, it's been answered time and time again with logical arguments yet people still keep saying it.

Ask anyone in any industry - would they rather have an up and coming guy with loads of potential but who has never actually worked in the job or someone who has been there done that and is very respected and has proof of his abilities to do a critical task. 

What do you think they'd say?

Give it to the new guy because he might be great?

DO

THEY

FUCK

Critical tasks require few mistakes being made, rookies make plenty of mistakes no matter their education, people who are experienced make far fewer mistakes and can be trusted to do a better job.

IT'S 

FUCKING

BASIC

Naw but let's get Gerrard in because he's a big name :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

17 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The most stupid argument ever to have been put over regarding Gerrard, it's been answered time and time again with logical arguments yet people still keep saying it.

Ask anyone in any industry - would they rather have an up and coming guy with loads of potential but who has never actually worked in the job or someone who has been there done that and is very respected and has proof of his abilities to do a critical task. 

What do you think they'd say?

Give it to the new guy because he might be great?

DO

THEY

FUCK

Critical tasks require few mistakes being made, rookies make plenty of mistakes no matter their education, people who are experienced make far fewer mistakes and can be trusted to do a better job.

IT'S 

FUCKING

BASIC

Naw but let's get Gerrard in because he's a big name :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

Who is this been there and done it manager we are going to get then? 

Gonna give Walter Smith a call again are we? 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

Who is this been there and done it manager we are going to get then? 

MPH or Warnock are far more likely to get us to where we want to be, GVB or FDB are two I would consider above Gerrard as they know the club better and have previous managerial experience and success. 

Any candidate foreign or British have to be fully aware of our club and what is expected of them, if there is any sign that they do not get the club then they shouldn't even be considered.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Nothing funny about it, we're forfeiting next season already. 

I know mate, but I wouldn't say we are forfeiting next season already. I would say it is highly unlikely that Gerrard will be a success, but I don't think it would be very smart to say he definitely wont be a success.

We have no way of knowing if it will work or not, it is just far more likely to work if we have someone with experience and a proven track record in charge.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

MPH or Warnock are far more likely to get us to where we want to be, GVB or FDB are two I would consider above Gerrard as they know the club better and have previous managerial experience and success. 

Any candidate foreign or British have to be fully aware of our club and what is expected of them, if there is any sign that they do not get the club then they shouldn't even be considered.

I'm sure we said the same with PLG, track record of winning, courted by other top clubs in Europe.

How did that pan out again? 

Nothing is guaranteed. Especially in football. None of the people you mention have managed in the spfl therefore represent a risk

From your list the only person I consider safe hands is warnock  

Anyway not wanting to argue. End of the day I will back whoever is eventually appointed. 

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I'm sure we said the same with PLG, track record of winning, courted by other top clubs in Europe.

How did that pan out again? 

Nothing is guaranteed. Especially in football. None of the people you mention have managed in the spfl therefore represent a risk

From your list the only person I consider safe hands is warnock  

Anyway not wanting to argue. End of the day I will back whoever is eventually appointed. 

Fair enough, but PLG is not comparable - he was not even fluent in English. It was clear he didn't get Rangers either as in the dressing room players like Barry Ferguson got more and more disillusioned with his acceptance of draws etc.

So like I said, during the interview stage the candidate has to be thoroughly questioned to ensure they definitely get Rangers and what their role is going to be and what is required of them.

22 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

This will be another caixinha appointment, tarriers must be loving our ineptitude. 

Good point but he's not quite so left-field as Caixhina who was plucked from obscurity. Gerrard does at least have a good knowledge of Britain and British football and will bring an experienced backroom staff with him.

15 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Fair enough, but PLG is not comparable - he was not even fluent in English. It was clear he didn't get Rangers either as in the dressing room players like Barry Ferguson got more and more disillusioned with his acceptance of draws etc.

So like I said, during the interview stage the candidate has to be thoroughly questioned to ensure they definitely get Rangers and what their role is going to be and what is required of them.

More like Ferguson and boyd didn't like the fact they weren't allowed to booze and eat monster munch for lunch.  They couldn't cope with the continental style of management and lifestyle change. ( which you would get with 3 of the 4 managers on your list btw) 

Definately get Rangers? Like mccoist did? 

All the new manager needs to know is 3pts every game is the only acceptable result. Which everyone in world football knows is the case when it comes to either side of the old firm. 

More like Ferguson and boyd didn't like the fact they weren't allowed to booze and eat monster munch for lunch.  They couldn't cope with the continental style of management and lifestyle change. ( which you would get with 3 of the 4 managers on your list btw) 

Definately get Rangers? Like mccoist did? 

All the new manager needs to know is 3pts every game is the only acceptable result. Which everyone in world football knows is the case when it comes to either side of the old firm. 

Think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, cant be arsed with that, have fun with someone else.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, cant be arsed with that, have fun with someone else.

Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All im doing is giving my opinion and putting across counter points to what you have said. It's called debate. 

45 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why has no other team offered MPH a job if he is such a guarantee for success? I’d give you Warnock but very much doubt we could get him as he is extremely well paid working in the Championship and it’s a league he knows inside out. As for De Boer and Gio I think they are equally as big a risk. De Boer is rated as the worst manager in the EPL and Gio only had success in his first season and has struggled this year. He did have great success though in his first ever season in management!

Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All im doing is giving my opinion and putting across counter points to what you have said. It's called debate. 

I like to debate with facts or as close to fact as possible. Otherwise I see relatively no point.

Trying to counter an argument with - they were probably leading a revolt due to boozing is just petty.

Le Guen didnt get Rangers, clear from his interviews and from player interviews.

McCoist got Rangers but at no point did I say that was the only criteria to judge candidates on.

That is not proper debate, just pettiness and arguing and I cant be arsed with it. 

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I like to debate with facts or as close to fact as possible. Otherwise I see relatively no point.

Trying to counter an argument with - they were probably leading a revolt due to boozing is just petty.

Le Guen didnt get Rangers, clear from his interviews and from player interviews.

McCoist got Rangers but at no point did I say that was the only criteria to judge candidates on.

That is not proper debate, just pettiness and arguing and I cant be arsed with it. 

Fair nuff let's agree to disagree 

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Why has no other team offered MPH a job if he is such a guarantee for success? I’d give you Warnock but very much doubt we could get him as he is extremely well paid working in the Championship and it’s a league he knows inside out. As for De Boer and Gio I think they are equally as big a risk. De Boer is rated as the worst manager in the EPL and Gio only had success in his first season and has struggled this year. He did have great success though in his first ever season in management!

They are still less of a risk than Gerrard - which is the whole point of the post.