Gerrard agrees terms - unconfirmed

31 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

Not sure I like the I'm busy til Thursday bit...mate you've been offered the best job in the world, cancel all plans and accept now 

It should be but isn’t anymore that’s why Stevie g is even in the frame to be our manager

it will either be a master stroke or a total failure that won’t even last the season, but it’s as good a shout as any when you take everything into account

With a bit of luck, it could work.

59 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

Not sure I like the I'm busy til Thursday bit...mate you've been offered the best job in the world, cancel all plans and accept now 

The way Lineker was talking to him it sounded like SG had told him it's a done deal but that it's not going to be announced until Thursday.

4 hours ago, Guardian said:

But where will we get the funds for anyone he might attract ?

I just hope some good players fancy coming here to help gerrard atop the manky bastards from getting 10. Of course the finances have to come for this. We cant get any worse than we are right now.

3 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Yeah sourness was an excellent appointment, now I can't wait to see Joe Hart, John stones, Kyle walker and Harry kane all strutting their stuff at ibrox next season sourness style. 

Apart from the fact they were both ex Liverpool captains they pretty much have nothing in common taking charge of us

Neither has / had any management experience, they have that in common. 

47 minutes ago, Albertzz said:

I just hope some good players fancy coming here to help gerrard atop the manky bastards from getting 10.

I like this point.

If I was a good, hungry player, I'd relish the chance to come up here to work for Gerrard and represent Rangers with the task of stopping a scummy team win 10IAR

5 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

The way Lineker was talking to him it sounded like SG had told him it's a done deal but that it's not going to be announced until Thursday.

Aye, got the impression that Lineker was enjoying having a wee bit of fun with it, knowing that Gerrard can’t say anything yet, although they both know what the script is.

7 hours ago, Rupret said:

Our board, that is the sticking issue., Penna is 1.5 mill spunked away, should have got rid of IT at shortgate

Cruz has been very clever saying he is an alkie

In fairness, if Pena sorted his issues and we got him on a brutal pre season, he’s one of the few players with some natural ability we have.

Someone like Gerrard is the kind of person who might be able to coax it out of him, but he needs to do the hard work first. Sadly I don’t think he’s got the head to do that

10 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

That's my only hope is that he has been promised a set amount of funds which I'm assuming is more than we could dream of.  I would feel a lot better if he was coming with an experienced man as his number 2 tho. 

Will admit I'm quite excited and intrigued by his appointment however after the last few managers I'm expecting gerrard to flop like the rest. 

Can't wait to see who we sign now I just hope it genuinely is players of a decent quality and not half the Liverpool youth team

U say that but most from the Rangers youth team have never let us down. The so called stars however.....

4 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

U say that but most from the Rangers youth team have never let us down. The so called stars however.....

It's the so called stars that cost Pedro then Murty.  Unless gerrard can replace 8 or 9 of them in the starting line up I think it will be more the same next season. And if he can replace most of them that in turn brings its own problems with gelling the team. 

Personally I think we need to get rid of as much as 12-15 players which is a big ask

4 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

It's the so called stars that cost Pedro then Murty.  Unless gerrard can replace 8 or 9 of them in the starting line up I think it will be more the same next season. And if he can replace most of them that in turn brings its own problems with gelling the team. 

Personally I think we need to get rid of as much as 12-15 players which is a big ask

I don't think I agree.  9 first team regulars are not needed.  If we look at this season as an example, and remain conservative, if we beat Hibs in one of the 2 lost home games, beat Thistle in September in the double header week, beat Hamilton in the 0-2 game, beat Dundee the following week, and didnt lose to St J at Xmas, theres 14 points.  It wouldn't have taken as many as 9 players different to win those games.  Just a decent manager, fitness, fight, good tactics and a 3 or 4 players maybe.  Apart from Hibs, those are all struggling teams - who beat us.

I’d imagine he has probably agreed salary etc but will still need to talk more regarding transfers ie who signs players, him or Mark Allen and the crucial budget questions. 

We need to get this right now. With the money we have spent I wouldn’t necessarily expect us to be top of the league but with a proper manager we would comfortably be second. Without investment though we will not overhaul them. 

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

I don't think I agree.  9 first team regulars are not needed.  If we look at this season as an example, and remain conservative, if we beat Hibs in one of the 2 lost home games, beat Thistle in September in the double header week, beat Hamilton in the 0-2 game, beat Dundee the following week, and didnt lose to St J at Xmas, theres 14 points.  It wouldn't have taken as many as 9 players different to win those games.  Just a decent manager, fitness, fight, good tactics and a 3 or 4 players maybe.  Apart from Hibs, those are all struggling teams - who beat us.

Must be one of the most contriidictive posts I've read on RM.

We lost those points because the team are shite.

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

How is it contridictive?  I don't think we need 9 new players to win those type of games, I think we need 3 or 4. Fuck all contradictive about that, quite simple really.  

8 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

How is it contridictive?  I don't think we need 9 new players to win those type of games, I think we need 3 or 4. Fuck all contradictive about that, quite simple really.  

We have full squad of also rans with a loser mentality where the only remit is keep the fans happy, it's been there since warburton took over, if they actually win anything it's just a bonus.

if you can name me seven winners in that  team I'll take it back.

51 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Plus, the word is "contradictory" so there!

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I agree.  This ifs and buts is exactly that.  1 maybe 2 bad results could be excused but not when we are in double figures for them over the season. 

Ultimately it comes down to the team is just not good enough, maybe not even for 3rd place. 

Good teams with good players don't get fucked by the Diddy teams of the league om a regular basis nor smashed regularly by their rivals.  Good teams also don't struggle for 2nd spot either

24 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I agree.  This ifs and buts is exactly that.  1 maybe 2 bad results could be excused but not when we are in double figures for them over the season. 

Ultimately it comes down to the team is just not good enough, maybe not even for 3rd place. 

Good teams with good players don't get fucked by the Diddy teams of the league om a regular basis nor smashed regularly by their rivals.  Good teams also don't struggle for 2nd spot either

It's a sad state of affairs,  we can only hope (and that's all it is) that stevie the messiah G can turn half this shower into winners from what he has been accustomed to and get shot of the other half.

i can't see it but I'll back him all the way regardless.

im really baffled to who had the bright idea of Gerrard and why this board who are in the last chance saloon would even take on this gamble knowing the fans at our wits end.