Gerrard agrees terms - unconfirmed

5 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

It's a rehash job from that bastion of journalism excellence, the daily Star.

Talks to continue on Thursday, from the man himself. 

“The plan, obviously I’m busy for a couple of days now, but I’ll pick it up on Thursday and see if I can progress it."

And former celtic star Chris Sutton, who works with Gerrard as a pundit on BT Sport, has hinted that the man himself could confirm the appointment during tonight’s broadcast of the Champions League semi-final.

sutton really is thick as fuck, someone tell him the difference between Tuesday and Thursday.

32 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Confirmation of the Tim's getting 10IAR then. 

We just have to hope for some kind of Leicester City style miracle. And doesn't need to be us, the sheep, hearts, hivs... Anyone to stop them. 

15 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

I agree. I think in SG we are getting a guy with a first class football brain who knows that the game is won and lost in midfield.  Not to mention the sort of talent his name will attract.

But where will we get the funds for anyone he might attract ?

1 minute ago, Guardian said:

But where will we get the funds for anyone he might attract ?

I have felt for a while that there is money there. I don't know who is putting it in tho. Look at the dosh we have wasted on Niko Pena alves etc. If we had a proper return from those and rossiter we would still be fighting for first place not second. We plead hardship and rightfully so. Waste has been our biggest issue. SG would not come without suitable budget.

Does Gerrard have any ties with the England squad? In other words... would decent Championship / lower end Premier League players think "play well under him at Rangers and I might have a chance at international call up"?

Just wondering.

5 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Does Gerrard have any ties with the England squad? In other words... would decent Championship / lower end Premier League players think "play well under him at Rangers and I might have a chance at international call up"?

Just wondering.

Rossiter 

I do not get all the negativity around Gerrard it is not as if we have the funds to attract a top manager.If he comes I would like to think he could attract some quality players on loan etc.Remember it worked out not too bad with a previous Liverpool skipper

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

I do not get all the negativity around Gerrard it is not as if we have the funds to attract a top manager.If he comes I would like to think he could attract some quality players on loan etc.Remember it worked out not too bad with a previous Liverpool skipper

Let's hope that Souness has a word with him