Gerrard agrees terms - unconfirmed

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They’re the same paper just sell under two different banners

Owned by the same company, not the same paper. Can’t remember the last time I saw a story about a guy’s bird running off with their pet hamster in the Express.

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Owned by the same company, not the same paper. Can’t remember the last time I saw a story about a guy’s bird running off with their pet hamster in the Express.

Plus the Star don't have mad weather forecasts on their front page every other day.

30 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

About 80% of there stuff is identical. They have some other stuff that caters to the two different audiences - the thick (star) Di fans (express)

59 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

I do not get all the negativity around Gerrard it is not as if we have the funds to attract a top manager.If he comes I would like to think he could attract some quality players on loan etc.Remember it worked out not too bad with a previous Liverpool skipper

Yeah sourness was an excellent appointment, now I can't wait to see Joe Hart, John stones, Kyle walker and Harry kane all strutting their stuff at ibrox next season sourness style. 

Apart from the fact they were both ex Liverpool captains they pretty much have nothing in common taking charge of us

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Yeah sourness was an excellent appointment, now I can't wait to see Joe Hart, John stones, Kyle walker and Harry kane all strutting their stuff at ibrox next season sourness style. 

Apart from the fact they were both ex Liverpool captains they pretty much have nothing in common taking charge of us

Totally different times, England was banned from Europe when we took Woods, Butcher, Steven, Stevens and the rest to now. We are at the bottom of the rung and about the only appeal we can hope for is a good character in the dressing room to kick arse out of people.

Murty wouldn't do it, Clarke won't (imo) and the other list of people don't inspire anything in me.

If he takes the job he knows something we don't otherwise he would just say fuck off as he has more money than most of our board already.

2 minutes ago, ZZed said:

I would not be surprised if he knocks it back on Thursday.

Its the transfer budget, he has passion, which is what we have been missing.

But he is not an idiot, wonder what he wants as a figure?

4 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Totally different times, England was banned from Europe when we took Woods, Butcher, Steven, Stevens and the rest to now. We are at the bottom of the rung and about the only appeal we can hope for is a good character in the dressing room to kick arse out of people.

Murty wouldn't do it, Clarke won't (imo) and the other list of people don't inspire anything in me.

If he takes the job he knows something we don't otherwise he would just say fuck off as he has more money than most of our board already.

That's my only hope is that he has been promised a set amount of funds which I'm assuming is more than we could dream of.  I would feel a lot better if he was coming with an experienced man as his number 2 tho. 

Will admit I'm quite excited and intrigued by his appointment however after the last few managers I'm expecting gerrard to flop like the rest. 

Can't wait to see who we sign now I just hope it genuinely is players of a decent quality and not half the Liverpool youth team

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

To my mind this may be the stumbling block in all of this.

If i was him, i want rejects away and 7 million, lets see if the board delivers.

I am warming to him now, if he knocks us back left with dregs, even Coleman wouldn't touch us.

1 minute ago, Rupret said:

If i was him, i want rejects away and 7 million, lets see if the board delivers.

I am warming to him now, if he knocks us back left with dregs, even Coleman wouldn't touch us.

If he knocks us back, it will bedlam within the support. Who do they turn to next? Anyway lets see it pan out and sort it out if and when.

23 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Its the transfer budget, he has passion, which is what we have been missing.

But he is not an idiot, wonder what he wants as a figure?

I think the above will already have been discussed and agreed upon. That would have been the 1st topic on the agenda for sure.

45 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Totally different times mate

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think the above will already have been discussed and agreed upon. That would have been the 1st topic on the agenda for sure.

Surely, he's a big name, wanting to make it in management, he's not coming here to get leathered 4 and five nil by the reptiles .

26 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Our board, that is the sticking issue., Penna is 1.5 mill spunked away, should have got rid of IT at shortgate

Cruz has been very clever saying he is an alkie