Gerrard agrees terms - unconfirmed

11 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why would you conclude that?

Are the people I have quoted without success?

There's your answer ^^^

Yes in recent times they are without success. Worst record in EPL history, 4th in the Dutch league and out of work for 2 years. Other than Warnock who we couldn’t afford. It’s a risk but we can’t afford or attract the finished article.

10 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Yes in recent times they are without success. Worst record in EPL history, 4th in the Dutch league and out of work for 2 years. Other than Warnock who we couldn’t afford. It’s a risk but we can’t afford or attract the finished article.

You can't just focus in on a little section of history in order to make your point, that's ridiculous.

Fact is, every one of those managers have had success, Gerrard has had zero as a manager.

37 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I like to debate with facts or as close to fact as possible. Otherwise I see relatively no point.

Trying to counter an argument with - they were probably leading a revolt due to boozing is just petty.

Le Guen didnt get Rangers, clear from his interviews and from player interviews.

McCoist got Rangers but at no point did I say that was the only criteria to judge candidates on.

That is not proper debate, just pettiness and arguing and I cant be arsed with it. 

To be honest mate McCoist never got it. 

He thought he was still a player and any  pish that drivelled out of his mouth would be lapped up by the fans. 

He never got what it meant to be manager of Rangers or had the first idea how to do the job. 

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To be honest mate McCoist never got it. 

He thought he was still a player and any  pish that drivelled out of his mouth would be lapped up by the fans. 

He never got what it meant to be manager of Rangers or had the first idea how to do the job. 

True, but he understood Rangers

I never said he understood what it meant to be Rangers manager.

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

True, but he understood Rangers

I never said he understood what it meant to be Rangers manager.

Honestly don’t think he did, he understood that Rangers paid him a wage. 

Dont think he ever understood what it meant to lead the club. 

But it’s all about the opinions. 

47 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You can't just focus in on a little section of history in order to make your point, that's ridiculous.

Fact is, every one of those managers have had success, Gerrard has had zero as a manager.

How much success had they had before their top flight success? Did any of your options work their way up the ladder? We both have a point but I just don’t understand such negativity to the proposed appointment of Gerrard. It’s ludicrous for people to say we’re fucked when there is no other outstanding candidate. I’m sure if most Premier League clubs had the same choice as us most would probably take the punt on Gerrard.

with the amount of press this has drummed up and the anticipation I'm actually just hoping it gets over the line to avoid another McInnes-like shambles amplified by 100 with his profile- this would show the English we can't do a deal to save our lives and are as incompetent as we're made out.

6 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

How much success had they had before their top flight success? Did any of your options work their way up the ladder? We both have a point but I just don’t understand such negativity to the proposed appointment of Gerrard. It’s ludicrous for people to say we’re fucked when there is no other outstanding candidate. I’m sure if most Premier League clubs had the same choice as us most would probably take the punt on Gerrard.

We are at a critical fucking phase, we want to stop the scum getting 9 or 10 or even more in a row we cannot be taking such a big fucking risk. There are plenty of managers out there that are less of a risk, even another fucking Scottish manager.

Going round in circles, certain people just want Gerrard because he's a big name and was a good player - that is fucking pathetic.

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Ally only ever understood his ego

I hate McCoist after his management career, but to say he never understood Rangers is petty.

He knew exactly what we were about, and he fucked us over knowing exactly that, and knowing he was doing a poor job.

Mccoist understood what it meant to represent Rangers as a player, which he did spectacularly and nobody can take that away from him.

I think he understood what it meant to be manager too but didn’t possess the tools to do the job.  That doesn’t necessarily make him a bad person nor does it require character assassination but there’s no doubt he should have walked away after that season in the bottom tier as his lack of managerial nous had become painfully clear plus the madness of admin and beyond had taken its toll.  I’m glad he was there to protect us from title stripping.

16 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

Mccoist understood what it meant to represent Rangers as a player, which he did spectacularly and nobody can take that away from him.

I think he understood what it meant to be manager too but didn’t possess the tools to do the job.  That doesn’t necessarily make him a bad person nor does it require character assassination but there’s no doubt he should have walked away after that season in the bottom tier as his lack of managerial nous had become painfully clear plus the madness of admin and beyond had taken its toll.  I’m glad he was there to protect us from title stripping.

Wtf where do you start with that 

never had the tools?

never understood what it meant to be manager?

no character assassination required? Despite the penny shares and the emails from his agent wanting deferred wages back as a bonus so his name isn’t blackened to the fans?

protected us from title stripping? Aye super ally was the man that kept us out titles 

mental talk 

9 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

They are still less of a risk than Gerrard - which is the whole point of the post.

Stop taking drugs before posting. What planet are you on if you think Gerrard is less than a risk. He has absolutely no managerial experience, folk are only getting excited because he was a good player. We’ll be looking for a new manager come Christmas. 

9 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

Stop taking drugs before posting. What planet are you on if you think Gerrard is less than a risk. He has absolutely no managerial experience, folk are only getting excited because he was a good player. We’ll be looking for a new manager come Christmas. 

You have to be either very sarcastic, unable to read, or on drugs yourself to take the complete opposite meaning from the post. I have been saying Gerrard is more of a risk constantly for what feels like a month to me now, when I’m fact it’s only been a couple of days.