Cummings

graeme_4

Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

16 hours ago, jintybear said:

I like Cummings. I thought he sounded very pissed off with Murty though. 

See to be honest at least he wants to be here unlike Morelos who has totally spat the dummy out since his big money deal to China didn't go ahead. 

I don't think Morelos has spat the dummy.  I think he's just burnt out due to coming straight from the middle of the Finnish season into the start of ours.  I still think he's a far better player than Cummings.  Especially in the system we play.  Morelos is good at chasing down and winning lost causes, while trying to hold up the ball and create chances out of nothing.  Cummings can't do that but is a better finisher who might play better in a partnership with a bigger forward.  He just looks lost as a lone forward.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

According to the Nottingham post it seems like this is happening 

Not keen on it tbh.

He's really not that good, as proven by lack of game time here and at Nottingham, especially when Morelos is burnt out and off form.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cummings is on the way in and Mo on the way oot.

Signing a Mo was never a good thing.

You said in another thread that you would only keep one player from Sundays squad and it wasn't Cummings?

Our season would have been even more embarrassing without a "Mo"

Cummings is a no from me he has no heart for it at ibrox.look at his reaction when he looses the ball or a pass gets cut out 90% of the time its hands in the air as if it was someone elses fault and seldom tries to retrieve the situation just stands there till his next cock up. the system may not suit him fair enough but you have to at least show your trying and for me he doesn't do that.

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cummings is on the way in and Mo on the way oot.

Signing a Mo was never a good thing.

I agree Cummings is a good signing but don’t agree with Morelos - he’s young, only cost a million, scored a few goals and even though he’s a huffy inconsistent wee bastard we’ll turn a good profit on him 

I think Cummings will turn into a good signing. People forget He is young and still has a lot of learning to do. He certainly knows where the goal is but he has lacked game time due to Murty only playing one upfront and his preference being Morelos.

I like Morelos as well and again he is young, the thing that pisses me off with Mo is his petulance. He acts like a baby sometimes and I feel he's not really been at his best since the China move fell through. 

1 hour ago, devref said:

Cummings is a no from me he has no heart for it at ibrox.look at his reaction when he looses the ball or a pass gets cut out 90% of the time its hands in the air as if it was someone elses fault and seldom tries to retrieve the situation just stands there till his next cock up. the system may not suit him fair enough but you have to at least show your trying and for me he doesn't do that.

He learned that from Kenny Miller cos that's all he does as well.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I agree Cummings is a good signing but don’t agree with Morelos - he’s young, only cost a million, scored a few goals and even though he’s a huffy inconsistent wee bastard we’ll turn a good profit on him 

Hopefully we will and he can become someone elses problem.

There's a lot of fucking work in him. He is not an intelligent player. He needs to choose the lost causes, not them all. He literally runs himself to a stand still at times. We were never best set up to support any striker tbh, but he simply needs to get smarter and demand more from from others.

The comparison with Cummings is a nonsense as they are totally different types of of players in style and in thinking and in the wualities that they each bring.

46 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

He learned that from Kenny Miller cos that's all he does as well.

Probably some truth in that.but he doesn't strike me as someone who learns very quick after all only had a few months with miller so who else could we blame warbs at forest

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Why do we compare mo and Cummings.

It's madness but I think to any sane person they can see who will have the better career and it won't be the Edinburgh boy 

It's mental, mate.

You score a couple against the worst Rangers defence in my lifetime, struggle to get a game for Forest, struggle to get picked over a guy that has played since last january who is supposedly pish, yet still have people creaming themselves over ye.

What I've seen so far he looks as lazy as Windass. Not getting a game over a striker who is out of form shows it.

2 hours ago, GT66 said:

It's mental, mate.

You score a couple against the worst Rangers defence in my lifetime, struggle to get a game for Forest, struggle to get picked over a guy that has played since last january who is supposedly pish, yet still have people creaming themselves over ye.

What I've seen so far he looks as lazy as Windass. Not getting a game over a striker who is out of form shows it.

I'd say this past seasons defence was worse. 

2 hours ago, devref said:

Probably some truth in that.but he doesn't strike me as someone who learns very quick after all only had a few months with miller so who else could we blame warbs at forest

You also have to remember when he was playing with Millar that was when he was at his best IMO, ....just saying.

Archived