A message from the manager

Lloyd

2 hours ago, Torquayblue said:

I live in Torquay and work in London and I can categorically say that the word 'Outwith' is used regularly in both locations, it may be a word that started in Scotland but I hear it all the time from English folk.

More Bollocks reporting from the Daily Rebel.

That said, I sincerely doubt that SG actually wrote the statement in any case, he's got better things to do. 

That’s some commute you’ve got there, mate!:pipe:

Was once the token Scottish person in a company meeting and I used two words which London based colleagues said they’d never heard before. The words were “outwith” and “swithering” as in “unable to decide”. Had to explain both.

Incidentally, my iPad tries autocorrecting both words as it doesn’t recognise them.

That statement may well have been approved by Gerrard but it was written by a Scot.

3 hours ago, govanblue said:

No you haven't.  You think you have, but you're wrong.

And google can prove it.

Outwith the regular dictionary definition results, and discussions about the word, if you then scroll through the hundreds of pages of google results of pages which simply use the word in their normal discourse,  you will see that virtually all of the results are from Scottish based organisations. Particularly Local Authorities. 

Yes, there are a handful of exceptions, but on closer examination, you will often find a Scottish connection somewhere  (Maybe a Scottish educated content-writer?)

Many English speakers may have come across it before, or are able to work it out, but they would be very unlikely to choose it in preference to outside or beyond.

Shame Traynor didn't know that.  :p:

Fuck sake mate, let's get picky :ohmy:

44 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Wouldn't surprise me if its tactical notes the gaffer is taking...... Alot say they'll leave no stone unturned for success. I believe Gerrard will actually go to massive lengths to succeed   

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Proper old school - none of that digital malarkey for our Stevie. Pen and paper loyal 

Don’t want to burst your bubble mate but he has an iPad sitting on his lap in the second picture

On 01/06/2018 at 13:50, HG5 said:

That’s some commute you’ve got there, mate!:pipe:

2hrs 50 on train on a Monday. Hotels in London and back to Torquay on a Thursday.

Aye and on the pipe on a Friday ?.

Didnae think I needed to elaborate on my weekly movements.

4 hours ago, Torquayblue said:

2hrs 50 on train on a Monday. Hotels in London and back to Torquay on a Thursday.

Aye and on the pipe on a Friday ?.

Didnae think I needed to elaborate on my weekly movements.

Just a wee wind up, but nice of you to do so!?