Gerrard Post Match Reaction

Gerrard knows whats needed and we will no doubt be looking at players from middle to front. 

Defence is looking decent now although still need cover but the priority now has to be a couple of creative players and a couple strikers who can actually finish.  

Do that and we wont be far away.

33 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Id rather have it sorted ASAP or we’ll stuggle to get past the next round and a strong start in the league 

Of course that's the ideal scenario but football sometimes doesn't work like that, often negotiations are protracted or we might be waiting for Solanke or Woodburn for the start of August.

It appears that Gerrard has given some of the players from last season a chance and they haven't impressed. We need attacking players who don't bottle it and  who can convert chances. Hope he has players lined up to solve the problem and the board back him with finances or we are in for another nightmare season.

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Of course that's the ideal scenario but football sometimes doesn't work like that, often negotiations are protracted or we might be waiting for Solanke or Woodburn for the start of August.

I’d like to think we have cash to buy a striker instead of waiting on Liverpool’s decision on what they are doing with them two tbh

3 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

I’d like to think we have cash to buy a striker instead of waiting on Liverpool’s decision on what they are doing with them two tbh

Ideally yes, I have no idea what our budget is but listening to Gerrard's post-match interview he sounds like he wants more up front so I'm sure it will be getting addressed either way.

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Hoping big Sadiq is that one plus loan from Liverpool like a Solanke sorts the top end out.

Hate having to rely on loans.

We can only hope that Sadiq is a natural finisher because after these games against Shkupi It's obvious we need something up front not to mention more guile and craft in the middle of the park.

Glad that SG can at least SEE the deficiencies up front and have faith that given the money he can address them. Previous incumbants just couldn’t see them so I’ll take his assessment any day. He saw how shit our defence was and seems to have improved things there so hopefully he can dismantle and rebuild the rest.Way too early to be slagging the man.

If we are putting all our hopes in second rate Liverpool loanees (not even the good ones seeing as Harry’s Wilson’s been sent to Derby) then we will all be massively disappointed.

The ‘Scouting network’ set up by Allen needs to earn its money here there must be some decent young wingers and strikers in the Eastern European market, that’s where the £3.5 Million odd we want to spend on Cooper should go. They have done it with Katic so why wouldn’t they look at other players over there.

Minimum we need is

1 x CB

1 x LB

1 x CAM

1 x Winger

1 x Striker

and our of those is say the winger and striker need to be genuine quality that will improve us instantly.

Lets just hope there are a few more Katic’s lined up.

1 hour ago, Amac9 said:

Different manager but same buzz words and sound bites we've been hearing for 3 years now.

No it's not. You can tell his disappointment in some players. He's happy with the way the team kept their shape but unhappy with the lack of movement and taking of chances. It's obvious he knows the midfield/forward link up and converting of chances is not good enough. No excuses from him

14 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Hate having to rely on loans.

We can only hope that Sadiq is a natural finisher because after these games against Shkupi It's obvious we need something up front not to mention more guile and craft in the middle of the park.

Same mate but the situation we’re in we will need to rely on a few.

If done right it can be a massive benefit. Unfortunately past 10 years you’d be lucky to name 5 loans that have been a success.

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

It'll be interesting to see how he sets about fixing the 'serious lack of quality' as he described it.  Not once but twice.   Not just lack of quality but serious lack of quality.   If that's what he's saying publicly then I guess the same message will have been transmitted directly to the players who were the cause of a serious lack of quality.  The spoken message was one thing but the way I saw the interview there was a bit of sharp anger in his eyes as he said it.

The loan players that came in recently may well be given a chance to show if they can do a whole lot better while the front players have a flight home to think about what they must each do - and immediately - to reverse the opinion of the Manager...…...in some cases that may simply be beyond them and I don't think the transfer window is not closed yet.

The 'serious lack of quality' message may also have been aimed a bit at the DOF and Chairman as in...…….better quality replacements are needed because yet again the evidence of simply not good enough was before us.  

I don't get any impression at all from SG that he will accept anything other than the highest standards of performance from each player every time and if they don't then they can expect to be in the firing line for candid assessment.  Deliver to Rangers quality or out you will go could well be a message ringing in players' ears.   

Spot on with that.

I think he's pretty disgusted by several tbh.

He's giving the old guard so to speak their chance and imo they are not taking it, because the goods just aren't in them.

He's brought in nine new so far and the ones we have seen look pretty handy, but don't bring them here and don't play them.

We do need a quality striker badly, but I do see the mdfield getting better, without the usual suspects.

5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If we are putting all our hopes in second rate Liverpool loanees (not even the good ones seeing as Harry’s Wilson’s been sent to Derby) then we will all be massively disappointed.

The ‘Scouting network’ set up by Allen needs to earn its money here there must be some decent young wingers and strikers in the Eastern European market, that’s where the £3.5 Million odd we want to spend on Cooper should go. They have done it with Katic so why wouldn’t they look at other players over there.

Minimum we need is

1 x CB

1 x LB

1 x CAM

1 x Winger

1 x Striker

and our of those is say the winger and striker need to be genuine quality that will improve us instantly.

Lets just hope there are a few more Katic’s lined up.

1 x CB allows us to play attacking wingbacks. Tav can already do that and probably Flanagan can. That then changes the midfield outlook.

We still have 2 players that have not been able to play yet. The whole structure of the side changes if we get the right CB in and push both fullbacks forward. Just need to hope the forward guy from Roma with little experience can give us goals or work with Morelos to make it happen.

He kept reiterating that he wasn’t happy with the forward play, no excuses. That’s where he differs, Warburton & Pedro would always have dropped a quick one-liner about the chances not falling or something of that ilk.

Hope big Sadiq turns out to be a player, we need him to be