Just because I hate Dundee United

21 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Nope. Their Chairman was a lawyer, and he’d been warned it’s his duty to act in the best interests of his shareholders, which was Rangers in the SPL.

Im surprised other teams shareholders never said the same.

That's because, at the time, they had fans groups pressurising clubs that they wouldn't renew season tickets if we were accepted to the championship after sanction from the SPL and SFA. Most club boards bottled it and capitulated to fans, who more than likely never intended to buy a season ticket anyway ; they got carried away worrying about Facebook non entities - not real fans who were paying hard cash.

Aberdeen and DUtd were the most vocal if I recall rightly, remember living up in Aberdeen in 2012 - that twat Chris Chrigton, a self promoted representative of the sheep fanbase was never off BBC Scotland about us.

In fact he orchestrated the "Sell Out Saturday" - wonder how that turned out!!!?

I wish when we got demoted we had just went down to the English leagues lower tiers. Imagine if we had made our journey back up to the premier league, and give the ultimate fuck you to all the wee sissies that wanted us dead, that were better without us. Even the scum. It would be more bittersweet knowing they would never make a penny off the back of us ever again. A chance rewed perhaps.

6 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Nah wasn't me mate, but they are well known about and were shared on loads of forums

6 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Mind seeing Polaroids of her she apparently left in a flat she lived in, big hairy muff.

I need a good laugh, links? ?

5 hours ago, thebooler said:

Nope. Their Chairman was a lawyer, and he’d been warned it’s his duty to act in the best interests of his shareholders, which was Rangers in the SPL.

Im surprised other teams shareholders never said the same.

I remember this at the time and never understood why the other clubs (haters) were not held accountable for making a decision which was not in the best interest of their shareholders.  There must have been some rules broken when they voted against us, all water under the bridge now I suppose but never forgotten.  I still remember being shocked at the level of hatred shown against us by the other clubs (don't know if that was down to my naivety) and still wonder if they had always hated us or this was something that was stirred up, encouraged/agitated by the dhims.

12 hours ago, tannerall said:

Just to get a wee bit serious, maybe a post for the politics section, but it's here.

Your average Scots football fan ?

Lots of cunts playing with their emotions or their idealistic attitude of an independent Scotland, but very few of them, if any want to respect a past which has included so much great achievement and contribution to the technology, culture, and industry, and especially on the sporting stage. 

Scotland was part of a British sporting tradition that brought football to the world. Initially the great teams were the likes of Queens Park and us, We rose high, Queen's Park effectively the first great Scottish team (they reached English cup finals back then), then we carried the mantle further, arguably the best team in Britain until Arsenal came along and we coompeted for the title "Best Of Britain" which was easily justifiably translated as "Best In The World" back then. 

And Scotsmen took football all over the world, all round Europe and to the other continental giant that comprised Argentinian, Brazil and the other South American nations.  

Glasgow was the second city of an empire at it's peak, we built the trains and ships with British iron and steel. A third of the worlds trains. A quarter of world shipping came from the Clyde at one time. 

And we had arguably the world's best football team. 

So what do we have now in Scotland ? A third world production centre, lack of traditional engineering skills and a future based on debt and income which won't happen, subsidised for now by English ratepayers. 

And on a football level we have reaped what was sown, a self interested, English hating for the sake of it, fourth rate national side with only ra cellic cutting it due to inbred taig corruption and false Oirish roots based support. 

Yet supporters of the likes of hivees, hearts, sheep, scum still believe they are on the right path to an independent Scotland , and go to national games and spew their hatred toward our players due to our loyalist traditions i nboth Scotland and Britain as a a whole. 

Fuck the lot of them.  

So in summary, Dundee United's deserved (in my opinion) demise does not just represent their clubs lack of integrity and loyalty to what is good in Scotland, , but also represents the fucked up attitude of the majority of football fans of other clubs in Scotland, and I hope those self same fans and supporters of other Scottish football clubs will go down the same road as the Dundee scum. 

So much incorrect shit in one post - surrounded by some basic history - given it’s the BD I’ll not pick the ‘alternative interpritatuon’ Of those facts apart one by one - I’ll just laugh at ‘subsidised by English ratepayers’ for its depth of inaccuracy to begin with - want to take this out of the BD then I’m happy to respond in full! 

3 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I don't think I'd ever hear about dundee united if it wasn't for posts on here.

Wee irreverent diddies best forgotten about.

Never, ever forget what those bastards and the others did. Saddest thing is given the chance they'd probably do it again. 

I'm looking forward to the next news  on their slow demise. 

8 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I honestly couldn't give 2 flying fucks about this mob....the amount on here who give these cunts a place? people who discuss them need  them need to get real .....they are a total irrelevance to us but for every pathetic thread like this will make them feel important

I'll be honest I wasn't looking for the result but you have to admit it just jumps out at you, and I laughed. I don't mind if they come back but it'll take them longer than it took Rangers to climb back and we had to do it against every other team in Scotland. 

45 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So much incorrect shit in one post - surrounded by some basic history - given it’s the BD I’ll not pick the ‘alternative interpritatuon’ Of those facts apart one by one - I’ll just laugh at ‘subsidised by English ratepayers’ for its depth of inaccuracy to begin with - want to take this out of the BD then I’m happy to respond in full! 

It's entirely true. 

Who do you think funds the heroin and Irn Bru of your average Dundonian? North Sea oil? Haha!!

I can't believe you've the gall to still be on here after your "Murty will be great" comments last season. 

13 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's entirely true. 

Who do you think funds the heroin and Irn Bru of your average Dundonian? North Sea oil? Haha!!

I can't believe you've the gall to still be on here after your "Murty will be great" comments last season. 

Don't feed the troll mate.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Tannerall posted it in BD so why would you  not do also? 

By the way, it’s interpretation, but you’ll just blame Westminster for your inadequate grasp of basic English.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Subsidised by English tax payers to be more accurate. 

https://fullfact.org/economy/tax-and-spending-scotland/

Just a wee reminder how great our city was.

http://www.clydewaterfront.com/clyde-heritage/river-clyde/second-city-of-the-empire

We even had the first British Labour MP.  Probably what started the rot culminating in the left orientated SNP now being in a position of power, which does our club no favours.

And back to the football, us Scots took it to the world. Just one example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Watson_Hutton

Damn pesky facts, they can really irritate some people.........

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Scotland is subsidised so it is correct.

2 hours ago, MasterD said:

I don't think I'd ever hear about dundee united if it wasn't for posts on here.

Wee irreverent diddies best forgotten about.

I think there are some things best not forgotten mate .And this scummy club are one of them .

1 hour ago, murzo said:

Tannerall posted it in BD so why would you  not do also? 

By the way, it’s interpretation, but you’ll just blame Westminster for your inadequate grasp of basic English.

It’s a football forum - I know that’s a difficult concept for Daily Express readers but most get all humpety if there’s anything non- Rangers in here. Happy to discuss if it’s moved.