The curious case of the N9 shirt

Vision

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's nothing in a number anymore tbh, they usually let the players pick. Got stupid letting fenians wear 88, 67 etc and goalkeepers picking the likes of number 5

True it’s only really top level players that still keep to the traditional it best player numbers like 10 now adays 

15 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Disappointing tbh looks like we won’t be signing a decent striker 

How do you know what he will be like? He could be Hately McCoist and Laudrup all rolled into one. Most on here have never seen these new guys play. Let's see what he can do before he is written off. Unless of course you are going to dip into your pension fund and get us a top striker?

1 minute ago, bordersbear said:

How do you know what he will be like? He could be Hately McCoist and Laudrup all rolled into one. Most on here have never seen these new guys play. Let's see what he can do before he is written off. Unless of course you are going to dip into your pension fund and get us a top striker?

We have seen him play - his YouTube compilation. Was speaking to a guy I went to school with on the train this morning and he said you are right to be worried when someones compliation on YouTube of highlights makes him look pretty pish. Never a truer word said.

He might be better than his videos suggest - every chance - but you honestly can't sit there and have a go at anyone for thinking (and stating the obvious) - it might not be what you want to hear but honesty is better than delusion or blind optimism.

34 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Our numbering sometimes is ridiculous, Oduwa got 10 a few years ago as it does now to Ejaria would rather it went to someone who would be here for longer than a year or isn't a loan. Prso, Boyd, Miller, Jelavic, Daly, Miller again. What a contrasting line up! ??

Pretty sure they must just let the players pick from the numbers available. We've got Josh Windass wearing Brian Laudrup's number.

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Pretty sure they must just let the players pick from the numbers available. We've got Josh Windass wearing Brian Laudrup's number.

Yeah, they'll have some say in it. It's not really a big thing but I guess its more sentimental than anything else.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

nothing intelligent to say? just trying to be a smartarse?

You were the one trying to make out that giving the 9 to a loan signing is some sort of tragedy.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

You were the one trying to make out that giving the 9 to a loan signing is some sort of tragedy.

a tragedy? ? its an iconic shirt number for many and a loan now has it who could be absolutely gash.  Obviously, no thought has gone into it or the players just pick from the bag the shirt they prefer. Either way, underwhelming.

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We have seen him play - his YouTube compilation. Was speaking to a guy I went to school with on the train this morning and he said you are right to be worried when someones compliation on YouTube of highlights makes him look pretty pish. Never a truer word said.

He might be better than his videos suggest - every chance - but you honestly can't sit there and have a go at anyone for thinking (and stating the obvious) - it might not be what you want to hear but honesty is better than delusion or blind optimism.

I watched a YouTube video of him and the impression I got was he is just a taller and thinner version of Morelos. Not bad off the ball but can't put the ball in the net.