Tonight's performance

King_gazza

Congrats to Stevie and the boys. Hope they can win the return a little more impressively. Felt we could have used Kent more in the first half instead of slowing the game down and passing backwards but so far so good.

11 hours ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Can't argue with the result but the lack of creativity is worrying and the defending is still shaky at times. If Gerrard doesn't bring in a prolific striker and experienced, creative midfielder we're going to struggle this season. A new right back would be ideal also. 

Early days of course and to be fair even under Walter we created fuck all in European games but it's still a worry for me. 

Replace the right back that has scored one and set up the other 2 of our goals so far.... 

11 hours ago, King_gazza said:

Definitely everyone was fighting for the cause. Having McGregor back in goals is helping the team 10 fold look far more stable at the back 

100pc correct .

Most fans were happy with Fod, but seeing Shagger back in goal makes us realise that Fod was just ok and had too many weaknesses 

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Replace the right back that has scored one and set up the other 2 of our goals so far.... 

Maybe so , but he can also be an effin nightmare. Has always been guilty of wandering and leaving gaps. Early days for Flanagan but he looked shaky at times last night, the amount of room they had on the wings was scary.

Before last night's game I did have a few concerns borderline worrying .

After the performance feel so much happier .Shagger is an improvement. the centre halfs a huge improvement .Flannagan a lot more solid than we have had .Morelos played well ,Coubilaly looks like just what we have been missing .can't see anybody bullying him .

Plenty folk will start the same old Tav can't defend, but if this guy could defend as well as his forward play he would be playing for a top EPL side and worth 50m plus and would be nowhere near us .

For me keep Tav he offers so much to the attacking side of our game .maybe we just need our RM and right sided CH to cover a bit more 

Can't grumble too much on last nights game, even Morelos scored ?

Still a new team basically , and will gel as the new season in the SPFL starts.

Hopefully they are ready  for the first clash against the sheep.

A good win there will set us up for a good season.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Sorry mate going to disagree. Bremen away was one of the longest night's of my life. They fucking blootered us for 90 mins and an unreal save from.shagger seen us through 

Not to mention Fiorentina too. I still picture Cuellar literally throwing his body at a shot as we were hanging on by a thread with ten men. How we got through the 120 minutes I’ll never know.

Last night was solid bar one or two scary moments with balls into the box and ball watching. As good as it could’ve been from us. Happy with it. 

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Decent result, poor performance overall, probably to be expected considering 7 or 8 players are new to it all.

Morelos played well which was nice to see.

Agree mate.  Both full backs were particularly poor for me.  Hopefully improve from game to game now though.  Two big games next week.

That's a far better result than we give ourselves credit for, but there's still work to do. 

Croatian teams have very strong records in Europe at home, and Scottish sides (ourselves included) are usually terrible away from home. Big statement and showed some bottle as it wasn't easy

I hope the signs of progress afford the team some more time. The philosophy won’t sink in overnight and will take time. However we all know this place turns on a sixpence..... ☹️

The new players did pretty well. Took me back to some of the performances under Walter.

With a bit more composure we might have sneaked another goal, but not to be.

The tie is far from over, one goal for them and all square with it being slightly in their favour, but we are in a good place to be after the away leg.

Really happy with that. The way we dug it out, when considered alongside  the utter gutlessness in the side for years, probably makes that the most satisfying result we've had in a long time. 

We still lack the real quality we need, but every great rebuild starts with becoming harder to beat. Home tie could be a major banana skin though so i dont want to get carried away, but the boss showed last night why there's a lot of optimism surrounding him despite his lack of experience. 

10 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

unfortunately cunts like windass and tav will ensure we still have an element of shitebaggery stinking the place oot.

That'll be the same Tav that put that quality ball in to Morelos to glance into the net for the only goal of the game. He was the only one last night that got any ball into the box.

13 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

That'll be the same Tav that put that quality ball in to Morelos to glance into the net for the only goal of the game. He was the only one last night that got any ball into the box.

Still shite at defending regardless of the balls he crosses in, probably costs us more than he creates in the long run. And he ain't no Rangers captain in my eyes also a shitebag, so aye that very same Tav.

Decent performance i felt, I'm taking these games as practice for the team, never going to get far in the comp anyway, its all about the league. And even then i am not expecting to win it this year but it would be nice. I think we are another few transfer windows away.

8 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

Still shite at defending regardless of the balls he crosses in, probably costs us more than he creates in the long run. And he ain't no Rangers captain in my eyes also a shitebag, so aye that very same Tav.

It was 1 nil - on last night's performance your post is nonsense. 

No doubt the Rangers manager, thankfully, doesn't look through your eyes. 

Shitebag - no Rangers supporter would be going there - clown. 

2 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

It was 1 nil - on last night's performance your post is nonsense. 

No doubt the Rangers manager, thankfully, doesn't look through your eyes. 

Shitebag - no Rangers supporter would be going there - clown. 

Fuck up ya fucking idiot, away and throw shite at the blood moon ya howler.