Osijek player says we were lucky

So they noised themselves up saying we beat PSV we’ll beat Rangers, now saying we were lucky and they’ll do us over next week.

Let them talk all they want we just need to approach it as we have been and be professional.

11 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

Is it just me that thought we were a tad lucky?  Good performance from us but if Milic was on form I’d have been pleased with a point 

Aye a point in a two legged tie would've been some.achievement 

Performance was basically what we have had done to us for the past 3 years. All over teams possession wise (without making too many clear cut chances) and still get beat. Makes it a nice change that we are the winning team! 

1 minute ago, Mancger86 said:

Performance was basically what we have had done to us for the past 3 years. All over teams possession wise (without making too many clear cut chances) and still get beat. Makes it a nice change that we are the winning team! 

We had more of the ball in the first half. I now hope we scud these cunts at home 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We had more of the ball in the first half. I now hope we scud these cunts at home 

It really was a game of two halves. Our goal changed the game and rather than us attacking in the second half we protected our lead and they (knowing if they didn’t score were going to have a lot to do in the away leg) came out of the traps.

I’m not concerned at the “dip” in second half performance because it was about game management (France did this well in the World Cup and it’s not a bad thing to have in your locker).

One thing I would say is Flanagan should absolutely start at right back next week and put that Barisic in his place. He had far too much space and time and has a good cross on him. Can’t see Gerrard dropping his captain though so perhaps Kent on the right would give Barisic more to think about defensively than Murphy did.

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

It's only half time .  

Remember they beat PSV away from home last year so it's far from over . We need to ensure out attitude is spot on for the return . 

Im sure SG will have them in the right frame of mind on a Thursday night.

Big test Thursday, then another one next Sunday.

Winning away from home in Europe especially in twoegged ties can prove to be extremely difficult never mind for a relatively new side and a manager in his first job.

I've said it already but our ball retention was was my main concern however I thought our game management was superb. Stats in games can be so misleading as we all know under Warburton we generally "dominate" games but not win them. Osijek had several shots but how many were really clear cut goalscoring opportunities 2 maybe 3?

27 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Im sure SG will have them in the right frame of mind on a Thursday night.

Big test Thursday, then another one next Sunday.

Yeah , I think so . He's very professional and been through it all before , so I'm pretty sure he'll make sure their attitude is right . 

This Osijek mob will come to Ibrox and have a right good go.  A couple of goals and they'll be right back in it especially with the away goals rule.  We won't sit back at Ibrox either we'll be looking to control the game and kill the tie off.  Should be really entertaining stuff.  I've missed these European games I hope to fuck we can make the group stages.

Well I hope we're lucky again then. Sour grapes from our eastern european friends. We get an early goal away from home and manage the game for a win. The naivety of our previous teams I doubt would have played that way.  We'll improve hopefully starting in the 2nd leg. If not more of the same for me. Get through the tie. If we can put on a better show all the better.

Our home form last year was so brutal so we need to hope that we make Ibrox a fortress again.

Let them do their talking in the media but we need to be prepared, show respect and do our talking on the pitch ?

3 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

They have to come at us now. They need the goal. SG should have us set up for this and put it to bed. 

my opinion, they really dont need to play anu dif to the game on thursday night as 1 goal evens the tie.  however 110% certain they will target our right side of defence and more than likely get some great joy down their as well.  all depends whether that idiot offers more in attack than he gives away in defence.  still reckon we will win 2-0