Osijek player says we were lucky

The Ibrox side will take a 1-0 lead back to Glasgow for the return leg of the Europa League tie thanks to a goal from Alfredo Morelos.

However, midfielder Skoric, who was capped last year by Croatia, insists they can upset the odds and beat Steven Gerrard 's men at Ibrox.

He said: "I can't believe we lost against Rangers , they were incredibly lucky.

Unfortunately, this is European football and you can punished for any little mistake

But look at the game - we were better in all respects. We had 17 shots,

they had three. We were ahead 12-3 on corners, we were clearly the better side

We certainly have the belief we can win in Glasgow. We went to PSV Eindhoven last year and beat them.

"I wasn't surprised at all about how Rangers played. They didn't pass the halfway line after the interval. I actually thought they would be better than they were.

"We dominated, but had no luck at all. I think we will play better in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

We were ahead on corners. :lol: :lol: Superb

Take anything you can get away in Europe. 

Mind Craig Brown said something similar after Scotland lost lost "yes but we won on corners".....plus most of their shots the other night were half chances etc.

Sour grapes, His mob couldn’t break down and score against a team who have been in turmoil for numerous seasons and fielded a starting 11 who have hardly played together in a new system and under a new manager.

This upsets him and makes me happy in equal measure, get it right up you.

7 minutes ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

The Ibrox side will take a 1-0 lead back to Glasgow for the return leg of the Europa League tie thanks to a goal from Alfredo Morelos.

However, midfielder Skoric, who was capped last year by Croatia, insists they can upset the odds and beat Steven Gerrard 's men at Ibrox.

He said: "I can't believe we lost against Rangers , they were incredibly lucky.

Unfortunately, this is European football and you can punished for any little mistake

But look at the game - we were better in all respects. We had 17 shots,

they had three. We were ahead 12-3 on corners, we were clearly the better side

We certainly have the belief we can win in Glasgow. We went to PSV Eindhoven last year and beat them.

"I wasn't surprised at all about how Rangers played. They didn't pass the halfway line after the interval. I actually thought they would be better than they were.

"We dominated, but had no luck at all. I think we will play better in Scotland.

1 fucking nil, that’s the only stat that matters ya muppet. 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

It's only half time .  

Remember they beat PSV away from home last year so it's far from over . We need to ensure out attitude is spot on for the return . 

Will still be an extremely tough 2nd leg. I believe we have to retain the ball far better than what we did in Croatia but we've given ourselves a very good lead going in to it.

6 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

We definitely rode our luck at times, but looked comfortable and they lacked the quality to hurt us.

I'm going 2 nil at ibrox, Lafferty double.

Even if we sign that utter bastard before the game I dont think he is able to play until the next round now