Morelos bid

eosmhdo

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We'll make that just from qualifying for the Europa League group stages and Alfredo is key to us getting there ffs why on earth would we sell for that price

Where did you see those figures mate?

From what I have seen and thought it's peanuts you get from Europa League

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

"For the 2018–19 season, group stage participation in the Europa Leagueawarded a base fee of €2.920,000. A victory in the group pays €570,000 and a draw €190,000. Also, each group winner earns €1,000,000 and each runner-up €500,000"

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2562034.html

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Also if we do keep him and he keeps this form up and actually scores against the scum then come January then we would get offers north of £8 million no doubt.

If we're competing with them for the league come January and he's contributing massively to that then fuck even taking £50 million for him because no amount of money is worth stopping these cunts. Particularly when Rodgers and Brown are both still there given their hubris last season.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We'll make that just from qualifying for the Europa League group stages and Alfredo is key to us getting there ffs why on earth would we sell for that price

If you read what I’ve said I never said we should sell. I said I think a true value of his ability is around the £4.5 million mark and not the £20 million some are saying. Ive said it’s only good business if we can replace him with better and a terrible deal if we sell him and throw away any chance of winning the league. If we get through tonight I also don’t think he’ll make the difference as to whether we qualify for the Europa League. He’s not that good 

39 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Ludacris if you don't think Morelos hasn't improved since his arrival. 

Morelos the last 5 games is the best he's been.

Do I think he's worth £20m? No. 

But he shouldn't be valued at around £2m. Clearly the board agree by laughing off the £3.75m bid. 

He worth £1m playing in a true backwater league in Finland, the last 12 months or so he's played in a league that's broadcast far more than the Finnish league, he's scored goals in Britain which automatically puts your value up and regardless of what people think of our league its a proven stepping stone for alot of players to the riches of the Premier League down south. Those facts alone increases his value well over £2m as stated. 

£6-8m is his realistic valuation, however due to his importance and lateness of the window, I'd be wanting an extra £4m ontop of that to be letting go one of our more important players with little time to replace him with equal quality. 

Luda

Cris

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

If you read what I’ve said I never said we should sell. I said I think a true value of his ability is around the £4.5 million mark and not the £20 million some are saying. Ive said it’s only good business if we can replace him with better and a terrible deal if we sell him and throw away any chance of winning the league. If we get through tonight I also don’t think he’ll make the difference as to whether we qualify for the Europa League. He’s not that good 

Who’s better that we can afford? 

32 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Of course they will, thats the point I made. You look at the fee on offer and decide if it’s good business for the club. I think a realistic fee is around £4.5 million whether that’s good business for our club depends on whether we can replace him with an equal or better for a lesser fee. At this stage that may be hard and if we don’t replace him andcstruggle in the league then it’s a terrible deal. 

Personally with good scouting I think you could easily replace him, decent enough player but nothing special 

I'm sorry but thats ridiculous, he's definitely worth more than the £4.5 million fee you suggest.  He's young and improving, not to mention the fact he's our main 1st choice striker with a record for scoring goals so far(I know the leagues aren't great) in the leagues he's played in. With more eyes on us this season due to the Stevie G impact, there will be more teams willing to pay more for his services come January or end of the season. 

Plus he's worth whatever we can MILK someone for, if we accepted a fee of £4.5 million I think we've been milked. 

43 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Of course they will, thats the point I made. You look at the fee on offer and decide if it’s good business for the club. I think a realistic fee is around £4.5 million whether that’s good business for our club depends on whether we can replace him with an equal or better for a lesser fee. At this stage that may be hard and if we don’t replace him andcstruggle in the league then it’s a terrible deal. 

Personally with good scouting I think you could easily replace him, decent enough player but nothing special 

Agree with most of that 

He could be special to us this year if were to win some trophies 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Who’s better that we can afford? 

I agree.  For what Morelos brings to the team, in this inflated market the risk is that we pay over the odds for someone who contributes less.  Not saying it's impossible - we've just signed a Croatian international for less - but it massively limits the pool of players available to us.

The ambition this year has to not be profit and has to be getting results.  Look where the focus on the former appears to be getting them.

I'd say he guarantees us 20 goals in this current Rangers team over the course of the season, possibly more. Add to that his work rate and aggression. 

I'm not sure we'd be able to replace that if we sold him now. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2562034.html 

Without taking into account ANY ticket sales/merchandising or the share of Market Pool TV money just for qualifying to the actual group stage you get €2.92 million. For the qualifying rounds you get:

1st round: €240,000
2nd round: €260,000
3rd round: €280,000
Play-off round: €300,000 but you only get this if you get knocked out , if you qualify you get the €2.92 million

So that's €3.7 million just for being in the groups before any matches are played and our share of the Co-efficient Ranking and the Market Pool. The Market Pool could be worth about £1m if we get papped out in the groups. celtic made over £2m last year but they were in the knock-out round

The Co-efficient Ranking is basically where all 40 teams in the tournament are ranked based on a 10 year co-efficient. The lowest team gets €70,000. For each ranking above that, you get another €70,000. I have no idea where we'll sit on this until all teams qualify but out of the 500 European teams we sit 151st so you would think we might be higher than number 40 as there's always a few upsets and some shite teams get through to the groups. 

THEN for each win you get €570,000 and for each draw you get €190,000. 

There's good money to be made in it now mate (for where we are as a club right now) and an opportunity to get some much-needed co-efficient points on the board. 

We have a good chance at a title crack this years by the looks of things. We don’t want to be selling our main striker unless the money offered absolutely guarantees better players coming in. £4.75m doesn’t, IMO. Double that and I think most of us would seriously consider it.

1 minute ago, AlCapone said:

That’s the director of football and managers job to identify, don’t you trust them?

I think the problem is that you would be asking the Director of Football to replace a £10m player with £4.5m and improve the team.

I think the issue is that you are undervaluing the player, what he brings to the team is massive. His workrate is immense now. He bullies defenders and he is scoring lots of goals. Valuing that at around the £4.5m mark is way off in today's market IMO.

Even the best managers/director of football, dont get 100% of their signings correct.

If 75% of them work out, they are doing really well!

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If 75% of them work out, they are doing really well!

Another Warburton phrase that won't go away. Same as "it's all about opinions". People slate him for his cliches and then use them on here.