How do we compare now...

graeme_4

I would say Tav for Whittaker, McGregor looks just as good now, maybe better, Morelos taking Laffertys place, Arfield taking Wyldes place. I still think Murphy, Jack and Candeias would get on the bench at least. Too early to tell with the rest tbh.  

Our team now is probably just as good defensively but we don't have the same type of attacking quality.  We need an attacking midfielder capable of opening up defenses and a wide attacker who can score 10+ a season.  As the OP said, Naismith, Jelvic and Davis were real match winners.  Their league stats for 2010/11:

Naismith: 7 assists and 11 goals

Jelavic: 5 assists and 16 goals

Davis: 7 Assists and 4 goals

More than 30 league goals between those three players and Jelavic missed a large part of the season due to Injury.  In the 2011/12 season Steven Davis had 14 assists in the league.  

Going straight like for like on the choices I'd go for this as our strongest 11. I'd probably switch a few about considering our formation now isn't the same as then but it's still not a bad team at all!

McGregor 2018

Tav

Papac

Goldson

Weir

Naismith

Coulibaly 

Davis

Jack 

Lafferty

Jelavic

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

To the 2011 title winning team? Just watching the highlights vs Killie there.

McGregor 2011<McGregor 2018

Whitaker=Tav

Papac>Barasic 

Bougherra>Goldson

Weir>Katic

Naismith>Candeias 

Edu<Coulibaly 

Davis>Arfield 

Wylde<Jack 

Lafferty>Murphy

Jelavic>Morelos 

Might still be buzzing after last night but there’s not that much in it IMO, although in Jelavic, Naismith and Davis we had real game changing quality. Could pull a goal from nowhere or cut a team open when you’re not expecting it. Couple of first 11 type signings (not youngsters on load) and we are in a terrific position to challenge this year.

A striker and an attacking midfielder and a back up CB required. 

There’s a lot in it but that’s not to say we’re not close to a title winning side, while our team now isn’t nearly as good as that one, the entire league is weaker than it was back then.

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I like this game

How close do we think we are to the 9 in a row teams now 

Well, funny you should say that...

Dibble / McGregor

Clelland / Tav

Robertson / Barasic 

MacLaren / Goldson

Bjorklund / Katic

Petric / Jack

Moore / Coulibaly 

Gazza / Arfield

Charlie Miller / Candeias

Laudrup / Murphy

Durie / Morelos

Not really a fair comprising when god is in the starting 11. 

8 hours ago, left winger said:

Being an old bastard, with a shite memory, what did 2011 have on the bench?

Alexander, Broadfoot, Weiss, Healy, Hutton, Ness, Diouf, Bartley, Beattie, McCulloch and Little were all in that side too.

Can’t forget Kenny Miller who scored something like 19 goals before he left to go to Bursaspor half way through the season. I think he still finished SPL top scorer that season if memory serves me right.