Has Any Other Gers Player Ever Been Targeted By Opposing Teams The Way Morelos Has ?

tannerall

Was just trying to think of any of our players ever being targeted consistently by the other teams .  Can't think of any.

Some players maybe targeted by opposition fans in the past, but not by the opposition on the pitch. 

Remember Jimmy Johnstone being kicked all over the park years ago by Atletico Madrid,but can't remember any of our players being specifically targeted

Gerrard seems to be working with him on controlling the fiery side of his nature. Thursday night's game I think showed that well as he was fouled constantly by Ufa's midfield and defence, he almost started to react but it was as though he thought twice and kept it under control.

I expect it will be bad today, worse on Thursday and absolutely gloves off next Sunday.

34 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Gerrard seems to be working with him on controlling the fiery side of his nature. Thursday night's game I think showed that well as he was fouled constantly by Ufa's midfield and defence, he almost started to react but it was as though he thought twice and kept it under control.

I expect it will be bad today, worse on Thursday and absolutely gloves off next Sunday.

To be fair, though, I’ve noticed that he takes the fouls well enough, that’s never been the problem. It’s the wee snide digs that he just can’t control himself against and I don’t think he’s getting any better at that. A week after getting sent off against the sheep for lashing out he lead with his head when a Maribor was being wide with him when he was lying on the ground. Tav, his Captain, then tried to calm him down later and he was pushing him off etc. He’s an idiot and not a team player. If you never learn your lesson and constantly take the bait then there’s something wrong with your mentality. He’s frustrating coz he does so much that’s great but for some reason seems incapable of realising that the more he reacts to the digs the more often it’ll happen.

5 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I remember Mols got a few bad tackles (was it not at firpark where he got injured?) But nothing as constant as Morelos.

Mols got crocked by Oliver Kahn of Bayern Munich in the Champions League

8 minutes ago, BigDak said:

To be fair, though, I’ve noticed that he takes the fouls well enough, that’s never been the problem. It’s the wee snide digs that he just can’t control himself against and I don’t think he’s getting any better at that. A week after getting sent off against the sheep for lashing out he lead with his head when a Maribor was being wide with him when he was lying on the ground. Tav, his Captain, then tried to calm him down later and he was pushing him off etc. He’s an idiot and not a team player. If you never learn your lesson and constantly take the bait then there’s something wrong with your mentality. He’s frustrating coz he does so much that’s great but for some reason seems incapable of realising that the more he reacts to the digs the more often it’ll happen.

He's got a bit of maturing to do but to say he's not a team player is wrong. He's improved hugely on his sulking, petted lip and selfishness in style and play. A lot of this is down to SG.

He's persecuted by players, refs and media alike. 

51 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Any player with his temperament and ability is going to be a target, id be disappointed if we didn’t do the same if he was on the opposing team. He needs to learn to be more streetwise, when to give something back but get away with it, when to go down and win a foul or get the opposition carded and when to let his football do the talking, I’m sure working with someone with the experience of Gerrard will be a massive help with this. He’ll become one of these players that we love while the rest of the league hates, just needs to learn to be a bit smarter with it imo.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

He still gives me the fear whenever he gets fouled, and has overtaken Ryan Jack as the player most likely to get sent off for dissent.

He's had zero red cards in his career so far. 

52 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Any player with his temperament and ability is going to be a target, id be disappointed if we didn’t do the same if he was on the opposing team. He needs to learn to be more streetwise, when to give something back but get away with it, when to go down and win a foul or get the opposition carded and when to let his football do the talking, I’m sure working with someone with the experience of Gerrard will be a massive help with this. He’ll become one of these players that we love while the rest of the league hates, just needs to learn to be a bit smarter with it imo.

what happened to good old fashioned honesty, sportsmanship and fucking class.  It just shows these riddy teams up for what they really are. Let’s play football ya shower of Shitebags. I find it fucking crazy that if you kick or elbow somebody then you can be sent off for reacting to it but the initial wind up walks free. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

OK, so where does this myth that he has a temper on him come from then? 

His yellow cards come from being targeted by refs and being booked for things most other forwards get away with. And being fouled himself.