We’re still scared of them

GOAT

We never troubled them and spent most of the game defending, we need to have an attacking threat to take pressure off our defence a goal from them was always coming the only surprise was it didn’t come sooner

do we fear attacking them incase we get caught on the counter and end up getting a doin? That’s how it looked today for me, I might be being harsh since I’m not taking into account the game in Russia because let’s face it old firm games should take care of itself, pure adrenaline gets you through tiredness in they games that’s why we still had energy to attempt to take more risks and go for it in the last 10-15 mins

26 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Worst thing is they are getting worse yet they can still beat us 31-6 over 12 games without breaking sweat. 

How stupid is that quote, this is their first year of really down grading and that’s because of no champions league money, we haven’t been able to compete due to the huge financial gap since Scottish football fucked us over and that financial gap is still there.  They’ve been coining it in from Europe and to be fair, good transfer deals.

Lets not kid ourselves, whilst they’ve sold players for great money, they’ve  brought in players with lesser ability but always better than we could afford.  We’re between a rock and a hard place financially but each year it gets better.

We desperately needed the European games for the money more than anything, I’m expecting nothing results wise from them.

We also had 1 of our worst managers in our history in Caixhina, with ‘nice guy’ Murty not much better.

We have changed a full squad almost and won’t really see them at their best for another couple of months until they gel.

It will be a completely different game in December. 

38 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Tavernier does not think we can beat them. I like him normally but it’s clealry a psychological issue with him. 

He looked scared all day as much as I hate to say it. I'm not one to knock our players but there's zero inspiration from him as captain I'm afraid.

21 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

We lost 1-0 to a celtic team that were trying like fuck, having played with 9 men in the arse end of Russia on Thursday.

Bit of perspective is needed.

Their week gave them lots of motivation and the trip on Thursday has killed us with not many options to change it.

You and i both know this place lacks perspective after defeats. 

At ibrox that would be a different game. We’ve been there and lost by a worse score line with much better teams who have experience of these games. Today was a disappointment especially the first half but after what we’ve put up with the last few seasons this was an improvement. There’s a long way to go but today showed we have nothing to fear from these bastards. The gap is closing and with Coulibaly fit I think we’d have got a draw today, watched it in a pub with 2 celtic supporters in there who both agreed they won’t  have it as easy this season as they have before.

The team and manager are all still learning and there’s going to be ups and downs, but I can honestly say after today If we all stick together and back the manager and players there’s no way they’ll see 10 in a row.

The growth in this team is there for us to see. I didn't see anyone hiding

Done on a counter and its clear atm they have more quality in the areas that matter. 

Gerrards first job was make us hard to beat and rebuild us from the back forward. He spent his budget on the defence. Hopefully going forward next summer we can improve the forward area's

Just now, KingKirk said:

Done on a counter and its clear atm they have more quality in the areas that matter. 

Gerrards first job was make us hard to beat and rebuild us from the back forward. He spent his budget on the defence. Hopefully going forward next summer we can improve the forward area's

Our midfield is as poor as I've seen at Rangers.

9 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Just watch Cardiff v Arsenal. The way Cardiff have set up is the way we should have approached the game, high press, in their faces and not giving them respect. Total opposite of the way we played.

We played like cowards today we should never show any team that much respect Hearts made their midfield look ordinary and their defence.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We do have a couple of players that will make a difference that weren't playing today. Mostly what we need to do though is win and keep hold of the ball in midfield, that was really where we failed today.

Some were possibly scared, most were definitely fucked, one or two still not good enough, manager still got a lot to learn about games against them, he said before it he's used to these big games, no he's not, not this game, it's a war of attrition. There were nerves and lack of quality in their camp hence the scoreline with the possession and attempts they had, Tavernier puts that in with 2 minutes to go different ball game 1-1 and they start squealing like pigs, them baying for the final whistle says it all about their inferiority complex, to be fair we need to improve all round but fuck them bring on the bheggars!

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

We played like cowards today we should never show any team that much respect Hearts made their midfield look ordinary and their defence.

Hearts didn't come off a cunt of a European game and play them in a wide open pitch like parkhead is, mind hearts went to the piggery last year and got pumped as well

Playing a pressing game is alright if you can cover all the ground, no way we would have had that in our locker today after thursday, not on that size of pitch 

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

Tavernier does not think we can beat them. I like him normally but it’s clealry a psychological issue with him. 

I knew someone would bring this up. To blame all these losses on Tav is a myth that people buy into if the read it often enough. He played on some of the worst teams in our history. That's the reason he has yet to taste an OF victory. That day will come soon.

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Hearts didn't come off a cunt of a European game and play them in a wide open pitch like parkhead is, mind hearts went to the piggery last year and got pumped as well

Playing a pressing game is alright if you can cover all the ground, no way we would have had that in our locker today after thursday, not on that size of pitch 

They played as well on Thursday we never played that game like we wanted to win we contained them and offered very little else.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

They played as well on Thursday we never played that game like we wanted to win we contained them and offered very little else.

They had a piss take game on Thursday that was over by ht, they didnt even get out of first gear on Thursday and were in their beds by midnight thursday night, completely different scenario, 

Wether we wanted to win or not i dunno, but people wanting us to press them high up the park is a joke given they have pace in attack and are fresher, 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I knew someone would bring this up. To blame all these losses on Tav is a myth that people buy into if the read it often enough. He played on some of the worst teams in our history. That's the reason he has yet to taste an OF victory. That day will come soon.

Where have I blamed it on Tavernier? It’s plain to see he’s totally in his shel agaisnt then and doesn’t even attempt stuff he does regularly agaisnt other teams. There’s no question he’s played in some of our worst teams ever, but he’s been fairy abysmal in those defeats and it’s obvious he hasn’t forgotten that.