1872 Ramp Up The Pressure

Courtyard Bear

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Are there no Rangers-minded MP's who could raise this in the Commons and bypass Glasgow and Holyrood, that'd get right up Wee Nippy's nose.

Just noticed that SNP  extended the term of government from 4  years to 5 years. Next election is 2021 instead of 2020. Sneaky bastards

1 hour ago, doonald said:

Just noticed that SNP  extended the term of government from 4  years to 5 years. Next election is 2021 instead of 2020. Sneaky bastards

They are also 2nd biggest party in UK now fucking terrible state we are in under these sneaky bastards.

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Quite incredible that they can claim to have no documents to provide on the matter via the FOI request. 

Complete bollocks 

Better at hiding documents than the Democrats, really hope C1872 keep up the pressure on this matter, no way can it be swept under the rug. 

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Club 1872 Reports Glasgow City Councillors to Standards Commissioner 

Following the disingenuous and irresponsible behaviour of Glasgow City Councillors, Susan Aitken and David McDonald over the past few days, Club 1872 has been left with no option but to report them, along with Councillor Stephen Dornan, to the Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland.

Despite finding the time to construct a letter to Rangers which was littered with inaccuracies, immediately leaking that letter to the press and then posting carefully selected confidential emails including private information on social media, neither Susan Aitken nor David McDonald have managed to respond to simple questions from Rangers, Club 1872, MSPs, fellow councillors, the general public or indeed their own constituents.

Incredibly, despite David McDonald publishing these emails and Susan Aitken confirming in her leaked letter that she had been briefed on the Fanzone proposal, Glasgow City Council has replied to our FOI request claiming they do not hold a single piece of information on this matter. We have immediately asked for a review of this response and if necessary will then refer our request to the Scottish Information Commissioner.

It comes as little surprise to us to see the pair attempt to characterise the wish for transparency and accountability as sectarianism. Playing this card is the go-to move for anyone who is taken to task over their own questionable actions towards our club and supporters. Doing so immediately ahead of an Old Firm game was beneath contempt.

Given the array of political views, religions and football allegiances represented by those who have publicly questioned them, their tactics in this instance can only be categorised as a desperate attempt to deflect from the simple issue here. Why did they intervene, outside of due process, to instruct Glasgow Life to remove their consent to use the Ibrox Complex pitch for a match day Fanzone?

The issue of the objections by Stephen Dornan and the Ibrox and Cessnock Community Council is a complete red herring. The correct forum for these objections to be considered was the licensing hearing. We do not believe that the objections had any merit - and in the case of the community council were lodged due to misinformation provided by Stephen Dornan - but the place to address them was the hearing, where Rangers would have had the opportunity to respond directly to any concerns. This hearing was stopped only because of the intervention of the Council Leader and her deputy.

There is nothing in the emails leaked by David McDonald, which pre-date the incident in question by over 2 weeks, that disproves what we know to have happened. Their tactic of trying to muddy the waters by releasing carefully selected emails, whilst FOI requests are refused, is a clear attempt to mislead the public as to their role in this matter. We will not breach confidentiality by posting emails on the internet but for the avoidance of doubt there is clear, documentary evidence that they intervened.

We look forward to the truth of this matter emerging after a thorough investigation into these councillors and the receipt of FOI material so far denied to us.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

Club 1872

It's simple bias and corruption from Glasgow City Council 

I bark long and hard about this shower of corrupt mother fuckers .

It's the whole establishment from the very top . These 2 have just over stepped the mark .

Although I'm sure all the protection and more corruption will be afforded to them

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's simple bias and corruption from Glasgow City Council 

I bark long and hard about this shower of corrupt mother fuckers .

It's the whole establishment from the very top . These 2 have just over stepped the mark .

Although I'm sure all the protection and more corruption will be afforded to them

Will be interesting to see if the SNP powers throw them under the bus or just keep digging the hole they have gotten into. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Will be interesting to see if the SNP powers throw them under the bus or just keep digging the hole they have gotten into. 

They will try and help cover it up . Both are the same nowadays . They are helping one another with their lies and corrupt deeds

I very much doubt if power will ever shift again from these bastards in our lifetimes  . And that is a very worrying thing going forward for our club in many many ways

The scotsman article has added a response from these cretins. Apparently not instructing Glasgow life but supporting them to remove the application. 

"A Council spokeswoman said: “It was made clear to Rangers on a number of occasions by Glasgow Life that support from the local community was essential for its proposed fan zone. They were unable to secure that support, and opposition from the local community council to this proposal still remains. The Council Leadership supported Glasgow Life’s decision, intimated to Rangers on 13th July, that they would not be able to use the facility unless they secured community support.“As has also been repeatedly stated to Rangers, neither the council nor its political leadership has any objection in principle to the development of fan zones at any stadium, including Ibrox. Indeed we see them as a vibrant part of the fan experience and will continue to support them, without fear or favour, where buy in from the local community exists.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/Rangers/Rangers-shareholders-club-1872-to-report-snp-councillors-to-watchdog-1-4794931

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Quite incredible that they can claim to have no documents to provide on the matter via the FOI request. 

Complete bollocks 

SNP lies, trying to divert, hoping it will go away.

That's why C1872 have to continue their chase  of these bastards.

4 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

They are also 2nd biggest party in UK now fucking terrible state we are in under these sneaky bastards.

In terms of membership yes. But as has been seen by the way they threw money at Salmond the cunts will sign up for anything with snp or independence on it.

12 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Not a member of Club 1872 ....  but full credit to them for pursuing these snakes and hopefully getting the truth out there about their underhand actions that deprive the Club and our fans of a worthwhile project.

:UK:

I'm a member and it's the first time in a while I've felt proud/happy with something they've done. They've pretty much nailed the councillors to the post with this letter. (I'm not as big a critic of them as some though.) 

17 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

The scotsman article has added a response from these cretins. Apparently not instructing Glasgow life but supporting them to remove the application. 

"A Council spokeswoman said: “It was made clear to Rangers on a number of occasions by Glasgow Life that support from the local community was essential for its proposed fan zone. They were unable to secure that support, and opposition from the local community council to this proposal still remains. The Council Leadership supported Glasgow Life’s decision, intimated to Rangers on 13th July, that they would not be able to use the facility unless they secured community support.“As has also been repeatedly stated to Rangers, neither the council nor its political leadership has any objection in principle to the development of fan zones at any stadium, including Ibrox. Indeed we see them as a vibrant part of the fan experience and will continue to support them, without fear or favour, where buy in from the local community exists.”

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/Rangers/Rangers-shareholders-club-1872-to-report-snp-councillors-to-watchdog-1-4794931

If the members of the "community" in question here had their way they would stop us using Ibrox altogether and turn it into a chapel.

Maybe local Bears should attend the CC meetings and express their support for the Fan Zone. 

They could even consult with Mr Dornan direct as below.

Stephen Dornan - 
 Cllr Dornan holds a monthly surgery 5pm-6pm in Clyde community hall every 3rd Wednesday

Let's be honest, an snp led council are never going to help out Rangers, the sight of the Union flag gives them the boak, look at our parades, that have marched the same Glasgow streets for years, with a bit of luck, their anti British, anti Rangers bigotry will be exposed, however, Scotland 2018, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I think what us in the PUL community have to wake up to, is we are up against a different animal now, the snp, Labour ran Glasgow for years, and we'd laugh ,you wouldn't get a job unless your name is Sean etc, they fucked everything up, but they knew there was a line you don't cross, this snp are different, not just celtic supporting Catholics, but bitter,British hating Irish rebulicans, who quite gladly take to Scotland's streets demanding  the overthrow of democracy, the 2014 referendum,... They ,and the Irish rebulican murderers they funded couldn't defeat the Loyalists, and the British army in Ulster, let's make sure the bastards don't do it here!!! ??????

25 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

If the members of the "community" in question here had their way they would stop us using Ibrox altogether and turn it into a chapel.

Maybe local Bears should attend the CC meetings and express their support for the Fan Zone. 

They could even consult with Mr Dornan direct as below.

Stephen Dornan - 
 Cllr Dornan holds a monthly surgery 5pm-6pm in Clyde community hall every 3rd Wednesday

I can maybe see why non football fans wouldn’t want a zone where it’ll allow 100’s of people drinking right next to their home but will the snp councillors get involved with all fan zones because that’ll surely be the case with them all.

I get the feeling that they bastards have interacted with the local community and are using them for their own hatred for our club. Which is hopefully what club 1872 has evidence of.

6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I can maybe see why non football fans wouldn’t want a zone where it’ll allow 100’s of people drinking right next to their home but will the snp councillors get involved with all fan zones because that’ll surely be the case with them all.

I get the feeling that they bastards have interacted with the local community and are using them for their own hatred for our club. Which is hopefully what club 1872 has evidence of.

Didn't Dornan attend the community council meetings and give an inaccurate account of the proposals. That seemed to be the crux of the issue.

Their attempts to obfuscate their way out of this are laughable. The light is being shone into their murky little cabal and their time will soon be up.

10 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I can just see Dornan wheeling in the Neanderthals who frequent the Tall Cranes to the CC meeting and nodding to them to raise their hands at the appropriate time, job done.

As an aside I notice in the last minutes Rangers had 3 representatives there including Craig Houston.

What role has he at Ibrox and what are his qualifications to represent us at this forum?

TLT wins licences for celtic and Rangers fan zones

Published 28 June 2018

Mr McGowan said: “Both clubs have shown a genuine desire to provide improved and exciting match-day facilities and experiences, particularly for families, when attending their stadiums.

“TLT and the clubs are incredibly grateful to a number of officials who have put significant effort into planning these activities and worked sensibly in partnership to support the proposals, including senior officers from Police Scotland and a number of officers from various departments of Glasgow City Council.

“It is important that our sports stadia continually strive to better the experiences of those who attend events, and we are grateful to the city’s licensing board for allowing us permission to trial these activities.”

Apparently during the licensing hearings involving them as well as us officers from various departments of the council was involved. These fenians might have just overstepped the mark,finally!