Gerrard's influence on and off the pitch

To Be A Ranger

Off the top of my head, Lafferty has publicly claimed we'll win the title this season. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.e41e9b61231f12c38e4a2dbc97a9ecc6.PNG

Not that I think that's a bad thing.  I would hope our players believe they can win the title and this is part of the 'winning mentality' Gerrard spoke about at the start of preseason.  Also, cheering the cup draw would've been fine if we had won the actual match.  The big talk and actions isn't the problem per se it's been the inability to back up those words and actions with on the park results.  

For what it's worth, I see footballers from various clubs eating at Nando's quite often.  Most of the time they're wearing training kit so presumably they go after training.  I'm no nutritionist but I doubt Nando's is an unhealthy meal.  I mean, it's not like they're knocking back bags of chips it's freshly cooked chicken.  If the players were winning and eating at Nando's would anyone actually give a fuck?  If the players watched Homeland and were winning would anyone give a fuck?

In the past our fans have been overcritical because the players have failed to deliver results.  Once the player start delivering results no one will care what they post on twitter, where they eat, what they watch on TV, etc.

Lafferty may well turn out to be right and we will go on to absolutely run away with the league this year, there are certainly lots of us starting to feel it. 

Gerrard is having more than effect of the players, I think He's having a huge positive influence across our support as well and perhaps a successful English manager will change the minds of the yessers hiding amongst us.

Due to the manager playing hard ball & absolutely bossing the press conferences the press will be desperate for a negative scoop from players & staff.   

Hopefully they're all pre warned re even making the slightest contentious remark.  

Borna, Katic, Morelos etc need to be extra careful with interviews given in their native tongue as the bassas love an opportunity to spin these very differently to how they are given.  

45 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Gerrard has oozed class since his appointment. He and McAllister know what it's all about at the top level. Pedro did not

Pedro was a bullfighter, no sorry bloody autocorrect I meant to say bullshitter, that's the only way he could have got the job.

27 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Borna, Katic, Morelos etc need to be extra careful with interviews given in their native tongue as the bassas love an opportunity to spin these very differently to how they are given.  

That's bloody Google translator for you, I mean there's no way you can convince me a Scottish journalist can speak two languages as most of them have enough trouble with the Queen's English.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

Pedro was a bullfighter, no sorry bloody autocorrect I meant to say bullshitter, that's the only way he could have got the job.

Robertson “liked the cut of his jib” & after 30mins talking/listening to him was convinced he was the right man for the job.  

Aside from the lafferty comment about belief we can do 55 this season. 

There's been a lot less comments on social media. 

I'm happy for this to continue and for us to do the talking on the pitch.

Gerrard has shown how masterful he is able to handle the press. So our players need to be careful as they will look to them for headlines.  

15 hours ago, TMB said:

Off the top of my head, Lafferty has publicly claimed we'll win the title this season. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.e41e9b61231f12c38e4a2dbc97a9ecc6.PNG

Not that I think that's a bad thing.  I would hope our players believe they can win the title and this is part of the 'winning mentality' Gerrard spoke about at the start of preseason.  Also, cheering the cup draw would've been fine if we had won the actual match.  The big talk and actions isn't the problem per se it's been the inability to back up those words and actions with on the park results.  

For what it's worth, I see footballers from various clubs eating at Nando's quite often.  Most of the time they're wearing training kit so presumably they go after training.  I'm no nutritionist but I doubt Nando's is an unhealthy meal.  I mean, it's not like they're knocking back bags of chips it's freshly cooked chicken.  If the players were winning and eating at Nando's would anyone actually give a fuck?  If the players watched Homeland and were winning would anyone give a fuck?

In the past our fans have been overcritical because the players have failed to deliver results.  Once the player start delivering results no one will care what they post on twitter, where they eat, what they watch on TV, etc.

The thing is we all laughed at Lennon the other day because he said celtic would win the league and he showed no faith in his players, the actual story there says the players "believe" and he doesn't say "we will win 55".

I always think the Nandos generation was something that sounded good and got tagged onto our players, IMHO it was to easily explain how shit they were and to emphasise how they didn't take the professional thing properly. Nando's is not the healthiest out there but not the worse, but at the same time a professional athlete should really be avoiding it, doesn't mean they shouldn't eat it but it should be seen as a treat to themselves every now and again. Your everyday bloke in the gym wanting to build some muscle or just get a bit fitter could get away with Nando's, they aren't competing in a professional sport where being able to run a few metres further or faster could be the difference between entering a £10million Europa league or scoring a goal which will win a cup.

15 hours ago, lgr1991 said:

Remember on Walters last season he banned the players from making social media posts.  Gerrard seems to be of similar opinion, at least keep it filtered. 

We should be doing our talking on the pitch.... leave the childish pish to the shettlestons 

Hi everyone.

I actually joined simply to post this and see what could be done about it, if anything. I have no idea in which thread to post it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-45678517

This woman has meeting Gerrard on her bucket list. Look at the end of the article. She has cancer.

Is there anything that can be done to set this up?