Flanagan

MrMckee

3 hours ago, Marky. said:

Superb. No nonsense and scared of nothing.

There was that excellent sequence which saw a 50/50 Ejaria fought and won, end up being a 50/50 which Flanagan stormed into with the ball.

That kind of fight is not something you can teach. Either you’ve got that in you or you don’t. He was excellent today.

No chance the likes of McKay or Windass would bring that level of fight - would never be able to teach either of them that.. Ejaria’s level of commitment surprises me, glad to see it.

16 minutes ago, KeepBelieving1872 said:

No chance the likes of McKay or Windass would bring that level of fight - would never be able to teach either of them that.. Ejaria’s level of commitment surprises me, glad to see it.

Typo, meant can’t ?

I'd have Katić and Barišić in the team, but Worrall and Flanagan have each had two good games consecutively, so hard to argue against the starting XI - especially when Gerrard has been criticised for rotation of late. 

Personally, I'm happy we now have options in different positions to the point we can actually debate who we think should start; each player has different strengths and weaknesses too, rather than being carbon copies.

• 5 months later...
Just now, Cedrick said:

Didn’t put a foot wrong tonight , fully committed ,gives us everything he’s got , went through a wee bad spell granted but would be in my team all day long before Barisic 

Can’t be used as a wing back though as he struggles with attacking. But I agree he was sound. 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Can’t be used as a wing back though as he struggles with attacking. But I agree he was sound. 

Agree he’s never going to be an attacking threat but up until that we spell bad his defending was excellent , he was back to his early form tonight , he’d be in my team next time they come to ibrox that’s for sure 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He's a dick, shouldn't be at the club and Lee Wallace should ahead of him @ForeverAndEver

Lee Wallace one is definitely strange , especially how Halliday was on (I can only assume Murty’s) Get rid list to Gerrard , yet Gerrard took him at face value and he’s went on to play a good number of games , strange the same thing hasn’t happened for Wallace 

Just now, Cedrick said:

Lee Wallace one is definitely strange , especially how Halliday was on (I can only assume Murty’s) Get rid list to Gerrard , yet Gerrard took him at face value and he’s went on to play a good number of games , strange the same thing hasn’t happened for Wallace 

Gutting mate, might have an injury but seen him training on Sky yesterday, people in that squad getting second chances but Wallace when he deserves it more.

If Tav goes in the summer does anyone think we are likely to see Flanagan become the starting RB with Goldson Katic as the CB pairing  with Barasic/Halliday at LB?

My only concern would be, like others have commented above is that Flanagan despite being defensively sound doesn't offer what the likes of Tav does going forward. 

18 minutes ago, Daz-96 said:

If Tav goes in the summer does anyone think we are likely to see Flanagan become the starting RB with Goldson Katic as the CB pairing  with Barasic/Halliday at LB?

My only concern would be, like others have commented above is that Flanagan despite being defensively sound doesn't offer what the likes of Tav does going forward. 

If that's our defence then regardless of which manager is at the Tarriers they'll stroll it.