Ooft

Jamie0202

The hardest thing to do in football is create and score goals.

Some will say we lost because Morelos wasn't playing. However Morelos was playing on Thursday. He also played at Livi, Motherwell, tarriers etc. I'm not criticising Morelos but it's just not as black and white as many think, and I'm saying this as a huge Morelos fan. Sometimes big players don't always create or score.

I'm also a big Kent fan but he just wasn't at it today and it probably shows how reliant we have been on him these past 6 weeks or so. If Kent and Morelos don't play or don't play well we struggle to break teams down but you can say that about any team in the world if their best two offensive players are either not available or not at it.

We had so much possession, even in the final third but like Thursday just had nothing when it counted. I thought overall we were pretty decent. It was so one sided but ultimately we failed and were not good enough.

It's a real tough one to take. Gutted is an understatement. Everyone needs to take their share of the blame for this..........

Making veiled threats to players is ok if they have the mentally to take criticism and accept pressure and secondly they have to believe you. Cos if you do nothing and keep playing the same guys then your fucked. He made a comment about Sadiq a weeks ago and since then he has failed to make the bench. To then start with him today made no sense at all. It was more of hope than expectation. I was really hoping to see something more tactical with perhaps a pacy front three inter changing and running at guys like Devlin and Kenna. 

We need players that are scared to go in the dressing room after putting in a shit performance, fergie hairdryer treatment style. They need to be under no illusion that poor or average games aren’t good enough. Gerrard needs to instil that in the team and also needs to improve with game changing subs and tactics.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Where was the TEMPO we showed against Rapid, that cant all be down to Morelos not playing???

We had it for a very small spell in the second half where it felt like a goal might be coming. Winning the ball back and pinning them in around their box. All to often we wasted the half chances we had to create anything, we never capitalised and it fizzled out. That's when the changes should have been made imo. 

6 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

He made a comment about Sadiq a weeks ago and since then he has failed to make the bench. To then start with him today made no sense at all. 

“Yer shite, yer shite, yer shite, yer shite, yer playing 90 minutes as lone striker in a semi final”

Wow, how did that not work? 

12 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

It's all getting very de ja vue again.

I think we are just fucking cursed.

Fuck knows when this shit is going to end, maybe never.

Fucksake take yer tampon out ya bufty

9 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

We’ve spent more than enough to challenge.

I made this point in here a few days ago.  We spent about £10m in the summer while keeping hold of key players like Tavernier, Morelos, Candeias.  Someone replied ‘but what about net spend?’  Kilmarnock and Livingstone are above us and they don’t have a pot to piss in.

Aberdeen are sitting 7th in the league but are just 2 points behind us.  If today’s result came in the league we would be a team in free fall.  It’s not good enough, not by some distance.

26 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

8 of the starting 11 were his signings, and 1 of the subs, both if you count promoting Middleton from the youths. 

The blame lies at the managers feet and he better get this shit sorted out. First job should be taking that armband off Tav. 

Tav was one of his first mistakes 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Agreed. And I'm not singling him out for criticism today although I don't think he played at his best, but he just isn't the captain we need. I was seriously disappointed that a proper captain, a driving force who can command respect and lift his team wasn't a priority for Gerrard considering his qualities when he wore the Liverpool armband. 

There's not 1 player in our squad right now who I have faith in to rally his teammates and drive the team on to victory when we are in tough games. 

44 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

If anybody has seen the full interview then don't mistake the clip below for Gerrard putting the sole blame on the players as he fully accepted the blame in the full interview but fuck me, I've never heard this from a manager.

42 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

He definitely fired a warning shot to them regarding quality. But if you are standing there watching from the sidelines and your not happy then change it. We had a half decent bench today but he didn't seem to want to use them and it's not the first time.

This 100% 

1 hour ago, Amac9 said:

We don't have the funds to go out and get us the genuine quality we need to challenge.

its not about the money.we need to spend wisely thts the problem.aberdeen have spent fuck all in about 3 seasons and we stil havent had the better of them.we beat them now n agen thts it.but theve been to more finals and got to 2nd 3 year on trot.

58 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I did say at the time. He aint it. Goldson is the man. Watched the disgust and frustration on his face at the players in front of him, as he stepped up and took responsibility and bombed forward on a couple of occasions.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

I really don’t agree. What was missing was a striker and substitutions to replace obviously tired players. The panic subs after they scored were the worst thing for me. Not only were they far too late, but he took off completely the wrong players. And we needed to score before they scored: why suddenly make the changes then? He’s way off the mark here.

Jack was decent as was Candias crossing apart (he  should spend hours on the training pitch hitting in cross after cross until he has mastered the art)Sadiq was dead on his spindles and also shite, Coulibaly has offered nothing for weeks today being no exception they were the two who should have been hooked although there were plenty others miles off the pace.

1 hour ago, Ibroxric72 said:

. He’s right, the players were shite today. Far too sloppy with crosses, no REAL pressure on their defence.Glad he’s angry but the time for talking is now over Stevie.

Then why does he have Tav taking every corner and free kick game after game when he hardly hits one decent cross into the box.

Bizarre