Katic

DC76

Either Worrall is Gerrards golden boy or there is a contractual agreement that he plays when fit. Katic should be starting no doubt and I still don't understand why we signed Worrall on loan when we had Goldson, Katic and McAuley there and he would never sign here permanently. Get him back on the bench and used as cover if needed.

27 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Either Worrall is Gerrards golden boy or there is a contractual agreement that he plays when fit. Katic should be starting no doubt and I still don't understand why we signed Worrall on loan when we had Goldson, Katic and McAuley there and he would never sign here permanently. Get him back on the bench and used as cover if needed.

Katic and McAuley played today v Brentford.

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We signed Mcauley after Worrall. I prefer Katic tbh.

I don't think there's anything in it. I just think Katic was dropped as he'd played a decent number of games and looked tired just before the Villareal game. Worrall did ok and has been in command of the jersey since. I think it's as simple as that. Gerrard obviously doesn't see Katic as the goal threat that we do.

21 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

That comment by Worrall while true leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, now I'm not saying he isn't trying but in the back of my mind it makes me wonder about 100% commitment, is he 100% committed or does he shrug his shoulders at the end of the season no matter what happens and say " thanks for giving me a game guys, was nice knowing you and then fucks of back down south?

I see it as the opposite from that. 

The Forest fans rate him highly, and he was getting a game with the previous management. 

I think that should make him want to be a stand out in this league, and try to impress in Europe. 

Saying that, I'd still rather Katic because I think he was a better pairing with Goldson, and just an all round better player. 

Worrall doesn't look comfortable when he's got the ball. 

41 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

I see it as the opposite from that. 

The Forest fans rate him highly, and he was getting a game with the previous management. 

I think that should make him want to be a stand out in this league, and try to impress in Europe. 

Saying that, I'd still rather Katic because I think he was a better pairing with Goldson, and just an all round better player. 

Worrall doesn't look comfortable when he's got the ball. 

not going by their forum. 

3 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Really? 

They were all saying he would walk it on twitter when we signed him. 

yea, they also say that spl is a pish lg and thats why he will walk it, i agree with you on Katic.  they where even slating the uefa cup lol forrest, wee pishy club lol

20 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Gerrard made personal contact with Karanka to assure him Worrall would "feature regularly" if he joined Rangers.  

Capture2.PNG

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Gerrard made personal contact with Karanka to assure him Worrall would be given game time if he joined Rangers.  

Capture2.PNG

I actually don't have a problem with this, Gerrard is right, we've already played 26 games this season and it's only just November. Katic will get his chance again I'm sure, it's up to him to take it.

I'm just glad to have the problem we have currently not the situation we had last season with Cardoso etc. 

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I actually don't have a problem with this, Gerrard is right, we've already played 26 games this season and it's only just November. Katic will get his chance again I'm sure, it's up to him to take it.

I'm just glad to have the problem we have currently not the situation we had last season with Cardoso etc. 

He did take it mate, the first time.

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

This. :thumbup:

pretty clear !

Joe Worrall still has a bright future at Nottingham Forest – if he uses his experience at Rangers wisely.

That is the message from Aitor Karanka, who wants to see the Reds defender flourish north of the border, while playing football amid a high-pressure environment.

Worrall, 21, has joined the Scottish Premier League club on loan until the end of the season and will link up with former England midfielder and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.

Karanka says Forest approved the move because they are keen to see Worrall play regular football, to help aid his development – and ultimately for him to fulfil his potential.

If it walks like a duck ?

2 hours ago, showtime69 said:

hopefully/probably bullshit but ive read a couple of comments on twitter saying Katic asked to leave

cant see it myself to be honest and hopefully just attention seekers talking shite

Who on twitter? It’s nonsense mate. I wouldn’t even give rumours like that the time of day or repeat them.

1 hour ago, backup said:

pretty clear !

Joe Worrall still has a bright future at Nottingham Forest – if he uses his experience at Rangers wisely.

That is the message from Aitor Karanka, who wants to see the Reds defender flourish north of the border, while playing football amid a high-pressure environment.

Worrall, 21, has joined the Scottish Premier League club on loan until the end of the season and will link up with former England midfielder and Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard.

Karanka says Forest approved the move because they are keen to see Worrall play regular football, to help aid his development – and ultimately for him to fulfil his potential.

If it walks like a duck ?

It seems that we have given them what they wanted as far as playing, which from Forest's point of view is fine. I like Katic better and he is our player so it is a bit of a problem for Stevie, but probably one he created along with Allen.

Time will tell what happens with both players between now and the end of Dec I suppose. 

I notice a lot of talk about Katic playing bad in his return after injury against Hamilton and I agree we was not great, but I also had a feeling they scored soon after Worrall can on and had a wee look and right enough here it is:

Katic off -  Worrall on  79′ (0 -1)

Boyd 80′ scores for Hamilton (1 - 1)

Now I know we went on to win with two penalties but it was Worrall who was on when we lost the lead.