Gerrard vs Caixinha

Smile

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Walter Smith's Rangers 2007-2011 compared to Gerrard

2007/08 P12 W8 D1 L3 Pts - 25 (CL group stages, won first OF game 3-0 at Ibrox)
2008/09 P12 W9 D2 L1 Pts - 29 (Out of Europe, won first OF game 4-2 at Parkhead)
2009/10 P12 W7 D4 L1 Pts - 25 (CL group stages, won first OF game 2-1 at Ibrox)
20010/11 P12 W10 D1 L1 Pts - 31 (CL group stages, won first OF game 3-1 at Parkhead)

Gerrard

2018/19 P12 W7 D3 L2 Pts - 24 (Europa League group stages, lost first OF game at Parkhead 1-0)

Not far off teams that won titles ffs

Won't suit the ops agenda tho

We’ve played 10 games and have 18 points.

In all 4 of those season we won the first Oldfirm game and would reach the League Cup final.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Why doesn't Caixinha's include his results from his appointment in March instead of randomly picking the results from the start of last season?

When Pedro took over initially we were about 30 points behind celtic in the league and the team needed completely rebuilt.  I never judged him on his results then, and I wouldn’t now.  It’s much fairer, in my opinion, to judge him on his results after the summer months when he had the chance to put his own stamp on team.

In hindsight we should’ve just given Pedro the entirety of last season.  Paying him off 10 games in when we had no replacement was madness.  The knock back from McInnes was an embarrassment and having to go with an intern manager for the rest of the season a complete joke.  Murty was no better and finished the season a broken man after that semi-final game and 5-0 league defeat shortly after.  A colossal fuck up by the board. 

Every game from now on is vital, geting to the league cup final would've been a morale booster and on the day possibly a win. But that's history now, the run up to the shutdown will definitely tell us where we are, at the moment that doesn't even look like second best, to be that you need to even win a cup, still no leaders either on or off the park, thank fuck for the FANS.

In our last 6 league games we have won 4 drawn 1 and lost 1. In that same period of time celtic and Hibs have the same record and only Kilmarnock have done better (W4 D2).

Pedro had lost the dressing room and it wasnt going to get better. I believe that at the minute we just have some players out of form and will be fine under Gerrard this season. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Time to take up another sport , no point in continuing watching one you know so little about , I’ll give you one improvement and see if you can carry it on , Russell Martin - Connor Goldson 

Sorry big man I bow to your oh so lofty superiority 

2 hours ago, The No.9 said:

Tbh more worrying for me is we play pretty much the same as we have the last few years there’s not really many improvements we still give away goals easy and struggle to score in tight games.

We have done well in Europe no doubt but euro runs always come and go , the league is our bread and butter.

We are pretty much the same as last year we are “closer” to celtic because they had a horrific start for there standards under Rogers nothing to do with us improving.

I don't think it's anywhere close to the same way. 

It's almost always a struggle to score in tight games, hence them being tight.

Euro runs have not come and gone for us in a long time.

If you don't think we have improved then I don't think you are watching correctly.

25 minutes ago, gsa said:

You work for a hideous rag that only the absolute dregs of society would be seen dead with.

The Daily Record is for dying old labour voters from Shettleston. 

Yet there's barely a day goes by without someone posting it on here and getting their knickers in a twist

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why would it be in it was about the spfl? I never mentioned Warburton either who spent less money than both Pedro and McGregor for a similar record.

Because a lot of these players have already played 4 rounds of European qualifiers and 3 matches every other Thursday. Surely that factors in compared to playing one game a week completely rested? 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

It’s a pointless thread , it’s been like night and day compared to last year , stats can be pointless, have a look at the stats when we got to the uefa cup final , some of the games we touched the ball twice still went through 

How is it night and day when their records domestically are identical?

37 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Because a lot of these players have already played 4 rounds of European qualifiers and 3 matches every other Thursday. Surely that factors in compared to playing one game a week completely rested? 

Still, we should not struggle against some of the shite we have come up against Gerrard has been found out and at the moment does not seem to be able to change things to get us wins.he has to learn and quickly.

journos love to manufacture a crisis as we know bad news and drama sells papers and makes good click bait.  

we need to be patient... not ‘3 year project’ patient but at least a full season type of patient! I’m not fully blown away by the Gerrard hype train but we’ve signed some good players and I see some good signs.  I also like his no bullshit attitude.  

Equally I think Pedro wasn’t given much of a chance... yes he created some of his own problems and gambled too much on signings that weren’t suited to our league... but after a terrible start back in Mexico he’s now 1 point off top spot in the league and won the Copa MX.  Not quite the no mark clown figure the Scottish media wanted to sell him as!

Notice too how those same Scottish ‘journalists’ don’t write articles deriding him these days!  

Patience Bears and ignore the noise.  Or the dogs as Pedro would say ?

51 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think it's anywhere close to the same way. 

It's almost always a struggle to score in tight games, hence them being tight.

Euro runs have not come and gone for us in a long time.

If you don't think we have improved then I don't think you are watching correctly.

Fair enough mate I would say the same to you 

26 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Just assuming we win next two games, aye?!

Deluded if you think we can go on massive winning run like we did in 07/08 and 09/10..

Sat looking at that for a few minutes & actually went and checked the league table...was sure we didn't have 24 points ?

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Just assuming we win next two games, aye?!

Deluded if you think we can go on massive winning run like we did in 07/08 and 09/10..

We'll beat st. Mirren then Motherwell without a issue. More concerned about next Thursday than those games tbh