post match interview

qwerty

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

We need a settled defensive unit = Worrell out, we need to have a midfielder that can pass the ball in to space through their defensive line, for our attack to run on to (he is not at the club just now) and we need another striker who can score goals to push or partner Morelos  (he is not at the club just now).

So true 👌

3 hours ago, qwerty said:

Hearts game was a good win but SG shouldn’t quote as a great performance ffs. 

His narrative that we aren’t looking ourselves is nonsense - we look exactly like ourselves.

Our best performances have come in Europe where we can’t dominate the ball like he expects us to do against lower opposition in Scotland.

When have we ever dominated the ball away from Ibrox in the league and imposed ourselves on the opposition. Creating a barrow load of chances? We haven’t. 

We need a team with bottle and who want to be winners. at the club just now throughout the whole squad I would say they are few and far between. but at the end of the day the manager who brought the majority of them to the club Will have to either get rid of them or he himself will end up out of a job. As there is no way ourselves as Rangers supporters will put up with gutless displays such as yesterdays and during the week against the sheep it's now time for everyone of them apart from maybe one or two to shape up or ship out. 

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Nothing like those two in my opinion. 

He knows it’s not good enough and he’s not defending the crap displays. And regardless of what he says in the media he knows the squad isn’t good enough and what he needs to do to strengthen it. He makes mistakes but he’s definitely not like the previous two or three managers.

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

No even listening to him 

but agree with other that tav is in no way shape or from a Rangers captain, not a fucking chance 

just give it to mcgregor for the rest of the season and sort it out in the summer 

tav needs to be stripped of it 

If tavs stripped of the captaincy , jack will start passing it forward , grezda will look as though he’s actually played football before , Middleton will stop being a poor mans Greig wylde etc etc , don’t think so 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

If tavs stripped of the captaincy , jack will start passing it forward , grezda will look as though he’s actually played football before , Middleton will stop being a poor mans Greig wylde etc etc , don’t think so 

Of course they won’t ffs 

but in my opinion tav is ineffective as captain 

I do think he is a good player, but he is not captain material and the added responsibility that comes with it is probably hindering him 

just my opinion 

56 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Hearts game was a good win but SG shouldn’t quote as a great performance ffs. 

His narrative that we aren’t looking ourselves is nonsense - we look exactly like ourselves.

Our best performances have come in Europe where we can’t dominate the ball like he expects us to do against lower opposition in Scotland.

When have we ever dominated the ball away from Ibrox in the league and imposed ourselves on the opposition. Creating a barrow load of chances? We haven’t. 

This, the hearts game is the only big game he has won

8 hours ago, RobertN said:

Kent has been missed great run and  pass for the foul  at  the free kick goal incident 

too many quality players out today cost us

If the players we have can't play without the "quality" players then they need to have a long hard look at themselves and give themselves a good flaming shake.  

They could all play a decent game if they really really wanted to.  Plenty of them impressed at start of season.  They have crumbled into oblivion now, for some unknown reason.  Their lack of organisation and discipline on the pitch  is disturbing.  

12 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Nothing like those two in my opinion. 

Pedro and warburton would never have said the players weren’t following instructions.   I’m glad Gerrard has said this but the answer has to be why?  The players claim to love playing and training under him so why are they going against game plans?  Is it deliberate?

for me we have weak minded players that lack the mindset for scrappy 1-0 wins.  Our most successful sides had lots of 1-0 wins or 2-1 wins that were ground out.  They’re the victories which win titles over the course with the odd purple patch of form.  We wait for openings in games instead of forcing openings, always that 1 pass too much and then the defenders have reorganised.   The will to win at all costs is not there and to instil that into a bunch of players that have won zilch between them is going to be difficult.

filling the team with killies,sheep hearts and hibs is not the answer cos they win nothing aswell.  Loan players is not the answer either. We have to sign players that come from winning squads/environments and we have to start straight away

14 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I'm very concerned that the players are given instructions and allegedly not following them.  

The big question is why?  

Extremely big problem if this is indeed the truth.  

It doesn't have to be the captain.  Anyone within the team that is also concerned can tell them to buck up their ideas.  

In the forces, you rely on your squad.  If you don't work together as a team,  then we all played our part to sort them out. We helped strengthen the weak and sorted out the squad members who were not pulling their weight.  This surely has to be the same idea?  So why is it not being implemented? 

They appear fractured which is a concern.  

Im also concerned and i would love to know why as well.  As you mentioned it is an extremely big problem if true and many questions must be asked not just why the players are refusing to follow instructions but more importantly what influence gerrard actually has over the players when they feel they can disregard any game plan and instructions given too them.

Is this a simple case that gerrard is possibly too intricate  in jis game plan and tactics where the players are not good enough nor smart enogh to execute the tactics or could it be the players dont respect gerrard enough to do as they are asked and just do what the hell they like?

Either way i hope gerrard is the winner and either tells them straight or bins the ones responsible

16 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I agree that we were good against Herts once they scored, but what I watched today was an exact replica of what I saw on Wed night at Ibrox and was hellish to sit through.

I would have expected a response today after how poor we were then, but just the same, no leadership apart from Allan Mc going mental and no one paying any attention to him.

And that's the problem with GK captains. They are too far removed from most of the team most of the time. Easy to ignore them

37 minutes ago, The Beast said:

And that's the problem with GK captains. They are too far removed from most of the team most of the time. Easy to ignore them

Yes I agree, it only works when you have really good players and do not need the kind of encouragement or kick up the arse we are speaking about. 

18 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

These are going down the route of Warburton and Pedro. I can't watch them anymore.

Warburton team played much better football his problem was similar to Gerrard he got found out as teams sat in and never changed it.