Niko Katic Homesickness

Lloyd

Terrible what has happened. I think he should go back and spend time with him while he can. I'm sure his father will say to him go and be the best you can and he comes back raring to go for him. Either way all we can do is support the player and hope he comes through it fine.

Getting that news at any age is tough, let alone a 21 year old staying in different country away from all his family and friends.

Hopefully he gets the time off he needs and comes back the player he was at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, CoopsLaud said:

Of couse it happens and is a real concern. Just wondering if the club has professionals who can help with these things.

Agreed.

Some people on here assume our players shouldn't need professional help.  This is one area where they do (especially younger players)need someone to talk to.

I can imagine it being extremely overwhelming to join a club of this magnitude and be far away from your family and home comforts adding a different language on top with the expectations of being a first team player.  

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Agreed.

Some people on here assume our players shouldn't need professional help.  This is one area where they do (especially younger players)need someone to talk to.

I can imagine it being extremely overwhelming to join a club of this magnitude and be far away from your family and home comforts adding a different language on top with the expectations of being a first team player.  

Indeed. You can see how a lot of clubs try to deal with this by buying players from the same country which must be brilliant for the players to settle in. Doesnt seem to work with the mexicans tbf.