Morelos

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

He desperately needs a proper number 10 to play off,his hold up play usually results in him having to create a chance for himself.

How about he becomes the number 10 and we can get a striker in he can feed off.hes wasted chasing and fighting for every scrap in the final third

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

One goal in seven from open play suggest our strikers are not doing it, He just cannot finish chances or pass when a mans in a better position.

If you don't think Morelos played well tonight then you watch a different game than me and probably most others.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

How many strikers produce his kind of performances week in week out.................................

Dont know of any other striker that misses the chances this boy does. His play other than scoring was excellant , shame he has no one decent alongside him but hes got to finish more of the chances he gets........

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

How many strikers produce his kind of performances week in week out.................................

Probably lots, but they don’t register as they didn’t appear on the scoresheet.....

Sincerely hope we bring in a bit of serious quality to support Morelos. He could play at a much higher level and you can see he's a big cut above anything else we have. If we bring in another couple of players of his standard (even loans) in January we'll take the league to the wire

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I’m not making excuses.

Morelos missed those chances but his overall play is 10x better than Lafferty. 

Lafferty wouldn’t of had them in the first place. 

They don’t correlate. 

I just don't see it, to be honest, he's improved on the last season but still misses too many chances for me.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I just don't see it, to be honest, he's improved on the last season but still misses too many chances for me.

17 goals this season is it? Strikers miss chances - that’s just how it is, but if you can’t see that he’s 10x the player Lafferty is there’s very little point continuing this debate.

Just now, DC76 said:

Naw jamesss to actually give the poor cunt a hand up there👍

What difference would that make he would not pass to them the same way he did not pass to Grezda who made a great run and just needed the ball squared to him.

The way I hear SG talking recently he seems to recognise that too much weight is being put on Morelos' shoulders to get the goals.   IMO he is correct.   The problem is - as we see yet again - that others in the team are not able or willing to create or take the extra edge needed to get among the goals.    It points to an urgent need to get a couple of really decent goal scoring / goal creating players in the Jan transfer window.   If King and the Board harbour ambitions to have a real go for the title this season then somehow funds have to be found for this, and the DoF needs to be able to land them.  

Endlessly trying to score goals but not succeeding in scoring enough is not a circumstance that should be allowed to continue.   Having got to this level and this position this season and to be in real contention is a platform where we need to improve from in the 2nd part of the season.   

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

17 goals this season is it? Strikers miss chances - that’s just how it is, but if you can’t see that he’s 10x the player Lafferty is there’s very little point continuing this debate.

I think he's vastly overrated and his chances missed are costing us.

12 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh dear the usual apologists.

If Lafferty had missed that many sitters he would have been lynched.

A fucking disgusting performance all round.

Putting up up a Morelos thread after that performance, well you couldn't mark some with a fucking blow torch.

:rofl::rofl:

Kind of agree 

I thought he was superb up until he was in front of goal 

It is worrying that he does fire blanks and misses countless chances in our most crucial of games on a consistent basis 

If we had other decent strikers .I think we would all take any money offered for him 

He is all we have and that's fucking brutal with a club our size 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Kind of agree 

I thought he was superb up until he was in front of goal 

It is worrying that he does fire blanks and misses countless chances in our most crucial of games on a consistent basis 

If we had other decent strikers .I think we would all take any money offered for him 

He is all we have and that's fucking brutal with a club our size 

If we had strikers who can finish we would easily be top of the league.