What the fuck is going wrong and how do we fix it?

born a blue nose

1 hour ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

For me, it’s a mixture of things, we’re not scoring enough goals from midfield and lacking a creative midfielder. 

At the same time however, we’re hardly lacking in the chance creation department and I’d say sometimes we just don’t take our chances, the previous 2 games for example.

I’d honestly be looking at giving Pena a run of games after January if he’s still here. Burst his balls in training and If he gets through it, give him his chance. 

Ultimately there’s nothing to lose by giving him an opportunity. He either grasps is with both hands or he fucks it up and we’re none the worse.

I'm a big fan of Peña, no, really I am, but I'd be wanting to recall Docherty first.

He's fit, in form, knows where the goal is, has played in this team, and would at least be an option from the bench if Arfield is playing. 

If Peña is also fit and can play then even better, competition for jerseys, as long as they're all performing. 

Obviously this is if we somehow don't sign someone in the window. 

1 minute ago, Sid2103 said:

I'm a big fan of Peña, no, really I am, but I'd be wanting to recall Docherty first.

He's fit, in form, knows where the goal is, has played in this team, and would at least be an option from the bench if Arfield is playing. 

If Peña is also fit and can play then even better, competition for jerseys, as long as they're all performing. 

Are you on the fucking moon? If not you're clearly a tarrier 

6 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

I’d have both Pena and Docherty in this midfield right now.  Jack as the CDM, Docherty next to him as a box-to-box, and Pena further forward making runs in to the bix and supporting the attack.  That’s got to be better than McCrorie holding with Jack and Coulibaly either side.

1 minute ago, Sid2103 said:

:thumbup:

What do you like about pena that makes you a big fan off him? He's the worst footballer I and everyone else have ever seen. 

Apart from you, so I'm intrigued to why you like him. 

BTW Gerrard won't go anywhere near him, he'll be paid off 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

What do you like about pena that makes you a big fan off him? He's the worst footballer I and everyone else have ever seen. 

Despite how shite he is, he somehow managed to score goals when he did play for us. 

Don't for a second think that Gerrard would play him, but if he's here he might as well do something instead of sitting on his arse picking up a wage. 

Again, if he's fit and able to play. 

Some of the shite we witness is rather obvious and not to difficult to change imo, but  Gerrard does have a blind spot for some and that needs to stop, but even the best of managers are no different. 

It all boils down to money to get in the 3 or 4 quality players that we need. We've had a few disappointing performances, but  we arè not that bad.

Some added quality will make a big difference to our performances and deliver the consistency we need.   

Sadly patience is a virtue we do not posses, but we will get theree.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Pena won’t be paid off, we can’t afford it.  In terms of the ‘what do you like about him’ question - His goals to game ratio when last be played for us and we currently don’t have a CAM.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Some of the shite we witness is rather obvious and not to difficult to change imo, but  Gerrard does have a blind spot for some and that needs to stop, but even the best of managers are no different. 

It all boils down to money to get in the 3 or 4 quality players that we need. We've had a few disappointing performances, but  we arè not that bad.

Some added quality will make a big difference to our performances and deliver the consistency we need.   

Unfortunately, the (sensible) need for patience is set against a certain clock which is ticking down too fast for comfort.

Making madmen out of the sanest of us (speaking only for myself there, but I don’t think I’m alone....).

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Who do we have on our books who can play as a central attacking midfielder and score goals?  

Who de we have that turns up to training pished, other times stinking of drink and sometimes doesn’t even bother turning up to train?

He’s poison. There’s a reason he’s a failure.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Who de we have that turns up to training pished, other times stinking of drink and sometimes doesn’t even bother turning up to train?

He’s poison. There’s a reason he’s a failure.

I haven’t read anything that suggests he turns up to training drunk, stinking of drink, or that he doesn’t even turn up at all.

During his time at Rangers getting him fit was the issue.  When he did play, he scored goals.

The way i see it is simple. we have too many squad players and not enough "starting 11" players.

There is only 2 players i would have on our team sheet and thats McGregor and Morelos - Tavernier at a push.

If we lose an early goal on Saturday we will get demolished. its brutal because they are woeful. 

Don't think Pena is the answer but it shows the state of our midfield when the stats allow people to make an argument that he could be. He played in a worse team, wasn't fully fit & at that time we were just as bad if not worse than we are just now, results wise anyway.

If he's on the reported 20k a week we either have to play him or back him into a corner where he's refusing to do what he's paid for, allowing us to terminate the deal.

For me we need atleast 3 midfielders. That also includes when Murphy and Dorrans are fit,  no matter who plays in the current side we are always inconsistent.  We 1st of all need a midfielder that can get 10 goals and atleast 10 Assists,then we need a no nonsense hard battling box to box midfielder- someone that can hunt down the ball and that can spray passes about,and an attacking winger type that will get another lot of assists and that can include corners etc.

we have too many players from clubs where winning is not the be all and end all-  we seriously need to stop thinking that losers like tavernier,candeias,arfield,Murphy,rossiter, and the rest will come good.  They’ll maybe have 3 great games from 10 and should never be more than squad back up players.   

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

100 percent spot on. 

5 hours ago, stevemartin1991 said:

The way i see it is simple. we have too many squad players and not enough "starting 11" players.

There is only 2 players i would have on our team sheet and thats McGregor and Morelos - Tavernier at a push.

If we lose an early goal on Saturday we will get demolished. its brutal because they are woeful. 

This.

There should be at least seven players who are must picks unless they are injured/suspended or it's a nothing game. I reckon we have at most four - the three you mentioned plus Jack. Out of those only McGregor and Morelos are unlikely to be bettered by possible future signings.

Pena is a dead duck, if we got the Pena we were supposed to get and not some weird alcoholic unfit couldn't give a fuck Pena an arguement could be made. The guy was in the Mexican national team and should be streets ahead of the average player over here. 

The guy could come back with his head out his arse and speak to Gerrard and be given a chance, but we need to live in reality and accept the signing of Pena was a complete car crash.

As a poster said earlier I also think we have several issues that need fixed. We need other players to chip in with goals with Alfredo, our top scorer after him is Tav and that's because he takes the penalty kick.

I'm not a fan of Candeias and noticed his shooting is like his crossing in that the ball doesn't get past the first man. I like Kent and Arfield but their shooting is abysmal, we need to get these guys putting in decent shots and not the feeble weak efforts they are doing. 

7 hours ago, stevemartin1991 said:

You can add Goldson, Barasic, Arfield & Jack to McGregor, Tavernier & Morelos IMO.