What the fuck is going wrong and how do we fix it?

born a blue nose

Been reading through this topic and seeing all the optimism and pessimism - all valid opinions, but I keep wondering :-

How did Blackburn Rovers win the EPL - once

How did Leicester City win the EPL - once

How did Chelsea dominate the EPL for a few seasons

How are Man City making the EPL a one horse race

I could go on and on but there seems to be a very simple answer - MONEY AND PLENTY OF IT.

Overseas investment and plenty of it which we do not have. Yes we have King but he is only small fry in a vast ocean.

We may have a good manager, eventually, but he needs the funds to progress us in the future.

The only other thing is - who in their right mind would invest in this tin-pot league run by dinosaurs who can only look after themselves and their fenian masters.

3 hours ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Just watched the highlights back and think this picture explains a part of what's wrong, This team has no vision or creativity instead of passing to Morelos who would have been in 1 on 1 with the keeper he decides to pass to Middleton, The team constantly makes poor choices attacking we don't notice killer through balls or passes to people in space at the edge of the box.

20181227_100521.jpg

If he attempts to pass to Morelos there are 3 players in Hibs jerseys waiting to cut that out and then we'd all be going mad for him not playing in Middleton. That's eye of a needle stuff you're asking for there. Unless, of course, he plays it in with height which is a lot harder for Morelos to take. If you want to criticise decision making Middleton should have had a dig rather than a weak square ball to Morelos. 

23 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If he attempts to pass to Morelos there are 3 players in Hibs jerseys waiting to cut that out and then we'd all be going mad for him not playing in Middleton. That's eye of a needle stuff you're asking for there. Unless, of course, he plays it in with height which is a lot harder for Morelos to take. If you want to criticise decision making Middleton should have had a dig rather than a weak square ball to Morelos. 

The pass he makes to Middleton arrives to his right foot instead of beyond his left .i sit right in line with this and I was going ape shit as Middleton had to adjust his body to get the ball in front of his left foot .Just another example of how technically poor our players are

40 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He should've passed to Morelos.

43 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Actually if we want to be hyper critical Middleton should make the run from where he is across Ambrose right should and then Jack can play a straight 5 yard pass between Ambrose and the other Hibs defender and he's through one on one with the GK.

5 hours ago, docspiderman said:

The problem with Lafferty is you never know what he is focused on; he did really well against St Johnstone and played like a footballer but so often he comes on seemingly just focused on fouling and niggling opponents. In a nutshell he cannot be trusted to work for the team.

He was on for 7 minutes and made their keeper make a great safe from a shot outside the box. Criticize him if he does something wrong but not when he doesn't.

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

The pass he makes to Middleton arrives to his right foot instead of beyond his left .i sit right in line with this and I was going ape shit as Middleton had to adjust his body to get the ball in front of his left foot .Just another example of how technically poor our players are

Correct, so many times our players pass straight to feet instead of ahead for the player to run onto. That pass needed to be ahead of Middleton so he could take it first time.

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

It matters not whether he scores 6 or 60. What matters is the result and winnng 6 in16 is a horrendous statistic. It's a results driven team game and not about Morelos.

4-3-3 is a problem when you don't have the players. You don't keep doing the same and expect a different result, hence 6 in 16.

It needs changed. Morelos suffers from lack of service and if he got more would probably be on 35 already and we would be winning those games.

Yes we badly need creative quality in the midfield, but until such times we get it, we need to change the the format, otherwise a stat of 6 in 16 remans the norm in frequency of wins and we are nowhere near that title.

Tav doubling up with Candias isn't working. Tav taking all the dead ball situations isn't working. Tav defending isn't working. Tav bombing forward isn't working. Coulibaly in the middle isn't working. Worrall in CD isn't working. Middleton isn't working. Morelos having to make his own goals isn't working in delivering the winnng result.

We all see it and 6 in 16 confirms the flaws.

4-3-3 does not work with the personnel we have at our disposal.  6 in 16 does not reflect bad luck, but bad planning. 

Gerrard needs to wake up and smell the coffee. He needs to set up that team differently to suit the personnel we have at our disposal and that includes benching those who are constantly let him down. 

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Morelos has done well this season and scored a good amount of goals but it's still not working with one up front if we played Lafferty up as well we would have won that game. 

For the hundredth time, where is the service coming from? 

The formation doesn't work so it's better to play with 4 defensive midfielders instead of three? 

Or stick with two DM's in the middle to make us go 4-4-2,but again where is the service for the two strikers coming from in the middle of the pitch? 

You two know the square root of fuck all about football. 

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

For the hundredth time, where is the service coming from? 

The formation doesn't work so it's better to play with 4 defensive midfielders instead of three? 

Or stick with two DM's in the middle to make us go 4-4-2,but again where is the service for the two strikers coming from in the middle of the pitch? 

You two know the square root of fuck all about football. 

Years of championship manager has given you the impression you know more than you do. Another tired cliche. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Answer the question smart arse. 

Where is the creativity coming from in the middle of the pitch if we change formation? 

Bypass the middle of the park and play more direct. I honestly think we have the players capable of playing a system similar to this.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Bypass the middle of the park and play more direct. I honestly think we have the players capable of playing a system similar to this.

Play that way and it'll be non stop moaning about playing hoofball. 

Each passing day on here I'm convinced that there's folk that can't wait for him to fail, he's fucked either way. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Answer the question smart arse. 

Where is the creativity coming from in the middle of the pitch if we change formation? 

Do what we did before when we brought Lafferty on and it changed the game chuck the ball up to him and let him win headers, feed off that.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Each passing day on here I'm convinced that there's folk that can't wait for him to fail, he's fucked either way. 

There are absolutely people who can’t wait for him to fail so they can say I told you so but at the same time you have to be able to discuss what he’s doing wrong too. Nobody should be immune from criticism and we have been awful for the best part of two months now.

I’m not saying do that every week but there has to be more than a 4-3-3 with constantly trying to recycle possession every week.

Not being adaptable was a big part of the reason Warburton was found out and if Gerrard doesn’t learn to adapt to different situations and circumstances he will be found out too.

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He will be a success or a failure if he succeeds or fails whatever posters write on here will not influence that, stop being so dramatic its a football forum. I honestly think Gerrard gets backed well on here even when we wonder what the fuck he's doing.