Now over to king and the board

KingKirk

As I just posted on the match thread, a creative no. 10 type should be our priority. Get him and I think we'd see an improvement in Lafferty and in our attacking overall. Push the boat out for this and I'd be happy.

Another striker would be good of course and, with Worral being a loan and McAuley 39, possibly another centre half.

If we could find a quality, non injury-prone, 15-goal-a-season attacking midfielder, I’d happily spunk the whole budget (whatever that is) on that.

I also still hold out a (very) vague hope that Dorrans will get fit and find the new lease of life that Jack and Halliday have under SG.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sign up Kent, a creative midfielder who will give you a dozen goals a season, and another striker. 

Will see us win 55. 

I agree with the creative part and I would hope Dorrans, Murphy or Grezda have some part to play in the second half of the season to complement the new player.

New striker is a must.

I'd push the boat out to bring in a quality number 10.  Anything else would be a bonus.  Genuinely feel that is the main ingredient missing in this team and bringing in a good number 10 will change the course of our season.

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sign up Kent, a creative midfielder who will give you a dozen goals a season, and another striker. 

Will see us win 55. 

We already have Kent (albeit on loan but until the summer), I'd rather cash went on a true creative midfield talent

The board need to give the gaffer all available funds now. We have a real shot at this title, if we can get the additional quailty needed. 

The priority being to get a number 10 attacking midfielder. Creative player that can chip in with goals and assists. 

We need a couple of players but my big worry is that it’s the January window. Generally speaking it’s a really bad time to do big money business. Too much panic buying going on and overpriced players moving because clubs are desperate.

36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

After yesterday I would pay whatever Liverpool want to keep him long term. 

I agree, the challenge is do we splurge any cash we have now to get him, knowing he'll cost millions, or improve the team with other signings and try for him in the summer.

Despite the fact we pummelled them yesterday, it was still only 1-0. We were only a lapse/deflection/wonder goal away from dropping 2pts, despite being one of our very best performances against them this century.

This is the story of our season, drawing and losing games that we are on top of and .. so lies exactly what we need to target.

2 quality attack minded players, of first XI quality.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The board need to give the gaffer all available funds now. We have a real shot at this title, if we can get the additional quailty needed. 

The priority being to get a number 10 attacking midfielder. Creative player that can chip in with goals and assists. 

After Kings "house of cards " statement the board will know the value of winning this title .

Winning this league not only gives us a crack at getting a 25m champions league cash windfall it's stops those cunts getting a crack at it .

After missing out last year and their huge running costs .down sizing is inevitable making subsequent league challenges more difficult .

It's not just a case of us splashing out 5m plus on a few players .it's bringing in the right one or 2

We’ve got to speculate to accumulate at this point and trust that Stevie will be able to turn over a profit on any players we spend money on along with bringing the title home.

It’s there for the taking this year and we can’t afford to pass up this opportunity.

The league will be decided by this window.

They will strengthen because we are neck and neck with them and they will be shitting it after that result.

We simply have no choice but to bring in some big players, the time is now for King and co to act.

If they don’t it’s a massive opportunity missed