Defoe doesn't fit our style

KingKirk

14 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

So we should just abandon  morelos and defoe up top because the killie defeat? We should be playing 2 upfront no matter what at ibrox imo.

Morelos is our star man he should be playing were hes best straight through the middle

20 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

We should not be stuck to a 4-3-3 in every game any good team should be able to change formation when required, we have played 4-3-3 almost all season and I have witnessed plenty of shite performances, it is important to make the opposition worry about how we are going to approach any given game but if we play the same formation every week it doesn't take long to Suss out how to combat it.

The 4-3-3 got us in to Europe, seen us win an Old Firm for the first time in over 2 years, and got us joint top of the table by the winter break.  There's nothing wrong with sticking to a system that works.  I don't think Rodgers has ever deviated for his preferred 4-3-3 and despite the predictability of his tactics he's been successful.  

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I watched him 3 yrs ago in Toronto and I thought he had lost a step then. He looks finished to me but I'm willing to give him time and see how he plays at Ibrox. I'm more concerned about how average Davis looks.

IIRC he got injured soon after he arrived in Toronto and then strangely got a transfer quickly back to England 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

The 4-3-3 got us in to Europe, seen us win an Old Firm for the first time in over 2 years, and got joint top of the table by the winter break.  There's nothing wrong with sticking to a system that works.  I don't think Rodgers has ever deviated for his preferred 4-3-3 and despite the predictability of his tactics he's still been successful.  

I'm not saying 4-3-3 isn't our best formation, what I am saying is that many times it has not worked for us and maybe if we were able to successfully alter our formation in many of the games we have played then maybe there would be more points on the board, you certainly put forward a good argument but as I said in my previous post I have witnessed plenty of shite performances using 4-3-3 where a change of formation might have reaped better rewards.

Re: Rogers, he has apparently changed some games according to what I've heard on H+H going for games they have struggled in to 3 at the back and pushing players forward, so it would appear that they can change formations.

7 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm not saying 4-3-3 isn't our best formation, what I am saying is that many times it has not worked for us and maybe if we were able to successfully alter our formation in many of the games we have played then maybe there would be more points on the board, you certainly put forward a good argument but as I said in my previous post I have witnessed plenty of shite performances using 4-3-3 where a change of formation might have reaped better rewards.

Re: Rogers, he has apparently changed some games according to what I've heard on H+H going for games they have struggled in to 3 at the back and pushing players forward, so it would appear that they can change formations.

Also plays a 4231 quite a lot. 

50 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a support overreact as much as ours. 

Kent was shite (I also said this!)

Coullibaly was a world beater who needs signing up. 

Arfields shite

etc.

We need to be giving players more time than this!

It’s mind boggling and you’ve barely scratched the surface there.  This particular assessment is a belter, absolutely fucking mental. 

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He is the first name on the team sheet i agree but to say after one game the 2 should never start together up top is nonsense. 

Every time we've done it this season we have been horrendous it should be binned. The time to experiment has gone Joe worrall saw to that last week 433/4231 and go with it 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Every time we've done it this season we have been horrendous it should be binned. The time to experiment has gone Joe worrall saw to that last week 433/4231 and go with it 

Weve lost plenty of games this season with 4-3-3 alot of posters on here seem to  forger that. We have tried morelos and defoe once and defoe scored and morelos hit the post had he scored that we would be raving about the partnership.