Morelos incident

Virtuoso

Just now, bluenoz said:

It's happened before. He doesn't listen. Love him but......

Love him scoring. Love loads about him. But he's too often a liability and here is could easily needlessly have cost us.

He's walked off with a needless red rather than a probable match ball if he'd just focussed on continuing what he was doing.

1 minute ago, the cry was no said:

Automatic next game if deemed violent conduct.

No other player in SPFL would get a red for that, the media campaign after we pumped them has paid off already. They know exactly what they are doing and they have the full support of their media.

Mcinnes was priceless after it. "I'v not seen it so I can't say anything" when first asked to " I hope that red isn't rescinded as it was a definite red" at the end of his interview

McGregors was worse.

17 minutes ago, backup said:

straight red, the footage of him lying face down looking through his fingers laughing, while looking to see where the ref is, doesn't make it look any better.

Needs to be wisened up by SG and quickly. 

I don't think you can take that out of him. There are world class veterans out there who do very similar things, just not in the toxicity that is Scottish football.

25 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

For me he gives the ref a decision to make. Why get involved? Could have jeopardised the result, we are a far worse team without him. 

This.  I want to defend him there I really do.. but he has a moment where he does look like he is leaving a leg in.  Hope it's just the beer goggles talking.

25 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

IMO with the way he was playing all game building up to it, going in for challenges and into players with no intention of playing the ball, hes dug is own grave.

He left the boot in and tried to rake Mckenna's leg, no complaints from me, i like that hes physical but by fuck does he need to wisen up, wont ever get his EPL move doing daft shit like that on the regular. tonnes of potential in the lad to go on and be a quality player, just needs to grow up, quickly.

What a load of shite.  Hopefully he doesn't wisen up then and he can stay here banging them in instead of moving to the money league.

26 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

IMO with the way he was playing all game building up to it, going in for challenges and into players with no intention of playing the ball, hes dug is own grave.

He left the boot in and tried to rake Mckenna's leg, no complaints from me, i like that hes physical but by fuck does he need to wisen up, wont ever get his EPL move doing daft shit like that on the regular. tonnes of potential in the lad to go on and be a quality player, just needs to grow up, quickly.

Fuck sake, how bad was Luis Suarez and he got his move even after biting fuckers? Clubs will pay for players and "hope" they can change them but do you want Peter Crouch the giant panzy or El Buffalo?

I will have the second thanks.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

This.  I want to defend him there I really do.. but he has a moment where he does look like he is leaving a leg in.  Hope it's just the beer goggles talking.

I don't think it should have been a red but you're right he does leave his foot in. Actually he does a second kick so definitely gives the ref/linesman a decision to make. FWIW I don't think you can see the second movement in real time.

McKenna can't live with Alfredo end of story. The amount of abuse Alfredo takes from opposition fans and on the pitch is ridiculous.  He really showed what a player he really is,  people forget about McKenna getting Alfredo sent off at pittodrie . Yes he needs to calm down but one man can only take so much shit.

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

- SFA

Morelos flick out was stupid but NOT a red card under sfa rulings.

Unfortunately,I think Alfredo has got involved there unnecessarily. I don’t think there was anything violent in what he did but he has to be cleverer than that. We should be talking about a fantastic hat trick instead of whether he deserved a red card or not. I love the boy but I wish he could be a bit cuter at times. 

6 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

If we appeal this is he available for Saturday, or will they/can they set up one of these fast track things (which only seems to happen at certain times) and uphold/rescind it? 

I'm sure if we appeal he's available for Saturday.

Worse case if they don't rescind it he will be missing st johnstone at home and Hamilton away. 

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

Fuck sake, how bad was Luis Suarez and he got his move even after biting fuckers? Clubs will pay for players and "hope" they can change them but do you want Peter Crouch the giant panzy or El Buffalo?

I will have the second thanks.

what aboutery is a bad path to follow my man

Just now, Big Al II said:

He’ll get pulled up for that tomorrow, could have broke the lads leg, needless.

Wasn't great I will agree but the lad did steam in and I think he had enough time to avoid, will need to see it again but I am pretty sure I can jump pretty bloody quickly when needed. Shagger with his head on the ground is an open target and he had the ball in advance so no need for the sheep shagger to try and follow through.

4 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

What a load of shite.  Hopefully he doesn't wisen up then and he can stay here banging them in instead of moving to the money league.

Aye I also hope he doesn't wisen up and become a decent player so we can make a proper decent return on investment and bring in a potentially better player or players 😶

31 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

For me he gives the ref a decision to make. Why get involved? Could have jeopardised the result, we are a far worse team without him. 

This is the thing for me. Aye, it was harsh but why give these guys the excuse? Especially given the fact that all these  snides have the spotlight on him.

It reminds me of the Beckham one in the world cup, half-hearted flick of the leg/boot which wouldn't have caused any damage if it connected but as others have said gave the ref an opportunity to make a decision. The two of them had been at each other all game which probably didn't help.

Will be interesting to see if SG does appeal.