Defoe

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Lafferty should have started.

Away ye go. Absolutely dreadful footballer whose lived off a strong end to the season with us for at least a decade. 

No idea the hard on our support have for Lafferty, 3rd best striker at best. A truly shocking footballer 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Pumping high balls up to Defoe is embarrassing tactics.  That shit today was probably the worst under the manager.

We resort to that because we can't move the ball fast enough on the ground. We're just not set up to do the slick passing, nor the players with the vision and ability to do it. Some of the movement off the ball is atrocious, with players screaming for the ball with a man on or the oppo player in the line of a pass.

Today was simply dire.

I hope the scouts are searching for another lone striker to compete with Morelos or replace him should he end up leaving.  Having Defoe means switching to a 4-4-2 which is yesterdays football.  I'd rather see this team stick with the 4-3-3 and bring in the kind of players that can make it work.  

He was brought in to push on for the league after beating the Tim's without actually thinking how he would fit in to the team. He was never suited to our style.  Now that our title challenge is over him and Davis look like another extravagant waste of money. We have learn't nothing.

If he gets service he;ll score goals, he's not Alfredo he wont create chances for himself by bulldozing into shooting positions, we're such a toothless looking side without him, Defore will score goals, as for Lafterty , I wish we had just kept Waghorn instead

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We resort to that because we can't move the ball fast enough on the ground. We're just not set up to do the slick passing, nor the players with the vision and ability to do it. Some of the movement off the ball is atrocious, with players screaming for the ball with a man on or the oppo player in the line of a pass.

Today was simply dire.

Middleton came on today and looked like a rabbit in headlights.  Movement near the end with him and our captain was a joke.  

I can’t blame Defoe for today.

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Middleton came on today and looked like a rabbit in headlights.  Movement near the end with him and our captain was a joke.  

Middleton a youth player still as is McCrorie on today's performance.

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

I hope the scouts are searching for another lone striker to compete with Morelos or replace him should he end up leaving.  Having Defoe means switching to a 4-4-2 which is yesterdays football.  I'd rather see this team stick with the 4-3-3 and I hope we bring in the players that can make it work.  

Morelos will be gone. He wants better and we need the money to again rebuild.

You bring in players and set up teams to adapt, not rely n one player. That high risk strategy ends with what we witnessed today and no title. 

We need a much better midfield as they are not competing nor have the vision or ability to break down teams who sit in.

Our style, our system needs overhauled

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Boy needs put back in the youths and build his confidence there and try again in a few months with the first team , looked lost/scared out there today 

1 minute ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Boy needs put back in the youths and build his confidence there and try again in a few months with the first team , looked lost/scared out there today 

Here’s hoping it’s a bad day at the office mate.

Just now, Moody Blue Legend said:

McCrorie I’ve every faith in,  Middleton I’ve serious doubts, sadly.

McCrorie like all youth players one great game two or three indifferent games actually he's like most of the players in our team in that regard. This is the reason we struggle there is no consistency in performance throughout the team. 

Will add McCrorie has been a better player this season than last.

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He has just about never played upfront on his own in any team he’s played for. He’s not physical or tall enough to do so. He has been excellent in his career playing off a partner. That’s the facts- look them up

Spent the last 5 hours trying to find the fact about having to be over a certain height to be a lone striker.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Pumping high balls up to Defoe is embarrassing tactics.  That shit today was probably the worst under the manager.

That, plus the only form of attack we seem to have is playing wide with high balls into a short as fuck striker. 

No creativity in the squad at all. 

Cunts sitting in front of me talking about how teams only show up against us, but let the taigs play how they want. The wee teams play the exact same way when away from home against either of us, but we lack the creativity, or desire judging from a few of the performances, to break through them. 

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think Defoe has found his mojo yet  The team had 18 shots and only 1 on target. So the midfield were creating chances  I've put Defoe's slowness today down to  his injury aggravating him. Well done to Wes for keeping us at a clean sheet 

An inconvenient truth.

He got the chance/space at pittodrie at a point where Aberdeen were gung ho. 

When sides sit in it takes a good striker who is 100% sharp to get goals. Defoe is not 100% and might never be.

12 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

An inconvenient truth.

He got the chance/space at pittodrie at a point where Aberdeen were gung ho. 

When sides sit in it takes a good striker who is 100% sharp to get goals. Defoe is not 100% and might never be.

Two points ...
a) why pump high balls up to a midget
b) why keep trying to pummel a packed defence, why not invite them to come out to midfield and then get behind them?

Just now, 72barca said:

Two points ...
a) why pump high balls up to a midget
b) why keep trying to pummel a packed defence, why not invite them to come out to midfield and then get behind them?

You can invite them out but they won’t come.

We never just ‘pumped high balls up to a midget.’ If you think that I don’t believe you actually watched it. 

What I will say is we still struggle to break sides down who sit in and have done for 3 seasons. But Defoe showed he isn’t sharp enough cause problems a younger sharper striker of quality would.