Would You Change The League Setup?

ForeverAndEver

From a Rangers perspective I'm not arsed but if I was in charge of the league I'd be making changes.

A 16 or 18 team league would be best. Just now I'd go for 16, each team plays twice (rules out playing celtic, kilmarnock and dunfermline 7 times a season) and one team gets automatically relegated and one goes into a play off. The play off would be a simple 15th v 4th (CH) and 2nd v 3rd rather than second worse Premiership side having an advantage. 

There would be some more dead rubbers but teams would use these as a chance to try out young players and start blooding fresh talent into the game and much earlier than after split.

I genuinely think sides like St. Johnstone, Motherwell and Hibs who just now are to high up the league to get relegated but to low to get into Europe would blood in new youngsters at this point but can't just now because being in the top 6 will give them two big pay days against us and celtic. 

This might be a discussion for a different day but I'd go full in and move it to a summer league as well.

Collapse league two.

Now instead of 4 divisions comprising of 12, 10, 10 and 10.

Have 3 divisions of 14. I havent entirely worked out how many fixtures per season and all the other guff. 

I just dont think we need 4 divisions in our country. The likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk, Dundee Utd etc...are all of a good enough stature to feature in the top flight.

8 minutes ago, miracle said:

I'm not sure halving the number of big games and increasing the amount of diddy teams we have to play is going to improve things.

Good point mate, I kind of like the idea of expanding, I think 4 games at least, against another side is boring, however, giving up 2 tarrier/sheep games, to play against shite, might not be such a good idea, welcome to Scottish football!!! 

I guess you could have 16 teams, each play each other twice then split into 4x4 groups with two games each against the teams in the group. That way you would have 4 OF games and more fixtures against bigger sides whilst also giving the league a bit more variety. The main problems are that there would obviously still be a split and you’d have to have something to play for in each of the groups to make it interesting. 

Just an idea but think there probably are good ways to shake it up.

Imagine a league where you had to play St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston AND Ross County, Inverness and Ayr United.

Boring as fuck. Too many of these wee teams would be fucking dire. I'd rather play Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and the tims twice at home.

No to more than 12.

Each team selects their best 2 players every satarday for a big game of cuppie doubles. 

Last team standing gets 3 points, 2 for second and 1 for third. 

If you win 3 on the bounce you get in Europe, spaces filled in first come first served basis.

Ash parks only.

3 hours ago, billscott said:

should be a 16 team league the top teams in the championship are every bit as good as hamilton dundee st mirren etc   but it will never happen  sky want  4 old firm games and every club wants  gers and the tims twice at their ground  despite what happened at killie this weekend

Us and them want the status quo as well, it's a lot easier to punt almost 100k season tickets between us when you can offer two old firm games, two sheep, two hearts, two hibs... thats 8 if your 19 home games right away, makes the shite like St Mirren, Hamilton, Dundee games more bearable and a bit more enjoyable.

No danger either club would maintain ST sales at the price they're at now if you cut those big games in half just to add shite like Ayr, Ross County and ICT... Dundee Utd woukd obviously be interesting but after the first couple of pumping you'd lose any interest you jad in them

Top league of 16. 30 games a season, longer winter break, possibly whole of January. Have a super cup end of the season in May, league winners v Scottish cup winners/2nd place, chances of at least 3 old firms being very high.

Have two lower divisions of 16 teams split by north and south with introducing 6 teams from lower leagues. Same winter break. Regionalise the challenge cup with north and south sections until the final.

Two teams get relegated from top, with 11th-14th entering a straight shoot relegation play-off for a 3rd team to go down. Teams relegated are put into appropriate region and leagues setup accordingly before summer break.

Top team from each north and south league go straight up. 2nd and 3rd from each league enter combined play-off for 3rd promotional spot.

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Top league of 16. 30 games a season, longer winter break, possibly whole of January. Have a super cup end of the season in May, league winners v Scottish cup winners/2nd place, chances of at least 3 old firms being very high.

Have two lower divisions of 16 teams split by north and south with introducing 6 teams from lower leagues. Same winter break. Regionalise the challenge cup with north and south sections until the final.

Two teams get relegated from top, with 11th-14th entering a straight shoot relegation play-off for a 3rd team to go down. Teams relegated are put into appropriate region and leagues setup accordingly before summer break.

Top team from each north and south league go straight up. 2nd and 3rd from each league enter combined play-off for 3rd promotional spot.

Clubs aren't going to give up 4 games worth of home revenue. TV won't pay anything like the same for a league without 4 OF games, not to mention far fewer of the other big games. Ain't happening. You'd have club's going bust or cutting heavily. A Super Cup that basically means nothing won't change that.

Run the investigation on paedo-ring operating at the piggery and have them flung out of all the leagues in Scotland. Let them join the irish football league and be their CL rep every year.
As a gesture of goodwill they made disassemble the meccano stadium and take it with them and rebuild it in     ireland. All other land to be given back to GCC as a fine.
Fair and balanced judgement.