Jack injured

KingKirk

12 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

He's a player SG refers to as one he can 'trust' so if its an injury that ends Jack's season then losing him is a blow.   The opportunity then presents itself to others in the squad to step in when one of them is selected, raise their game, and demonstrate that we can continue to win games.   There should be enough quality cover to deal with losing Jack through injury.

Losing Jack for some games / rest of season is not good, but I wonder if there is any good news about Dorrans maybe becoming fit enough for first team consideration.   Last I recall SG saying was Dorrans had suffered a setback in training.   

Don’t think you will see Dorrans kick a ball in anger for us again to be honest mate. 

I just hope Stevie doesn’t fall for the experience trap and play Davis instead of McCrorie. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t think you will see Dorrans kick a ball in anger for us again to be honest mate. 

I just hope Stevie doesn’t fall for the experience trap and play Davis instead of McCrorie. 

Gerrard has said he firmly believes Davis will prove valuable in the remainder of the season.

I've seen nothing in games to suggest he's right 

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gerrard has said he firmly believes Davis will prove valuable in the remainder of the season.

I've seen nothing in games to suggest he's right 

You can see why he wasn’t getting a game for Southampton, a shadow of the player he used to be. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You can see why he wasn’t getting a game for Southampton, a shadow of the player he used to be. 

Quite often in this type of situation I'd say the player will benefit from a good, full pre season. I think that for Barisic and Grezda for instance.

But I genuinely believe Davis just isn't the player he used to be. He's on decline and I don't think it's down to fitness. 

Unless he proves otherwise I'd be gutted to see him offered a contract extension. And that's purely based on ability on the pitch none of the stuff from how he left us before.

Davis was outstanding for NI earlier this season. He couldn't just turn crap as quick as that. I think with a few games we will see how good he is.

At least we have cover. Kamara coming in early had a lot if us scratching our heads but he seems to be the main man now. The other guy we've forgotten about is big Coulibally so a blow but if it was Goldson or Alfredo we would be fucked big-time.

2 hours ago, rangerman said:

what the fuck are you on about? jack only plays the advanced role when mccrorie is in the team. its a clear swap for swap between the 2. the formation does not change one bit with jack out

I explained "what the fuck I'm on about" if you can't see that Jack has been pushing forward recently then that's not my fault because it's been pretty obvious, IMO McCrorie can't do that so that's why I made my comment.

BTW I rate McCrorie highly be it would appear to me that Kamara has his spot ATM.

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

He has been fantastic this season but it is a position we have options in

Hopefully not as serious as some are saying

I really like Ryan Jack as well, as you say hopefully its not long out for him.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I really like Ryan Jack as well, as you say hopefully its not long out for him.

The thing is Jack now scores some goals..........McCrorie couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a stick without getting a nose bleed.

10 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

McCrorie steps in and we are fine. Can see us dominating this game. 1-3.

I worry about McCrorie's ability to put his foot on the ball at times but he's combative and full of energy which will be needed vs. the junkies. 

McCrorie sitting with Kamara and Arfield just ahead of him - not pissing around with it at the back, just get it right up the pitch and immediately get in their faces. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I worry about McCrorie's ability to put his foot on the ball at times but he's combative and full of energy which will be needed vs. the junkies. 

McCrorie sitting with Kamara and Arfield just ahead of him - not pissing around with it at the back, just get it right up the pitch and immediately get in their faces. 

He'll never be a true foot on the ball type player, am not fussy about that with him either though. 

Love seeing him just snapping in to exchanges and winning possession back.

Friday night is perfect for him.

On 05/03/2019 at 10:05, Courtyard Bear said:

Heard a wee rumour that Gerrard didn't miss Davis last week due to him treating training like a holiday camp and not impacting on games when given the chance. Pretty good source, hopefully true and the rocket up his arse he needs.

3 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

He'll never be a true foot on the ball type player, am not fussy about that with him either though. 

Love seeing him just snapping in to exchanges and winning possession back.

Friday night is perfect for him.

Yeah agree, think we missed him on Sunday tbh.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Heard a wee rumour that Gerrard didn't miss Davis last week due to him treating training like a holiday camp and not impacting on games when given the chance. Pretty good source, hopefully true and the rocket up his arse he needs.

If there’s any truth in that I’d cancel his loan if there is not a sharp improvement in his performance, we don’t need somebody who’s only here to work his ticket when we surely have some youth chomping at the bit who genuinely want to perform rather than steal a wage? 

3 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

If there’s any truth in that I’d cancel his loan if there is not a sharp improvement in his performance, we don’t need somebody who’s only here to work his ticket when we surely have some youth chomping at the bit who genuinely want to perform rather than steal a wage? 

I think ball has been put back in his court. He'll need to do a lot more to extend his contract after the summer. Doubt he's got it in him tbh.