How fucking good was it..

scottyc06

He is the epitome of everything our great club is....

Loyal to the core through the clubs darkest days and Will go down as an all time great.

Passion LOYALTY and LOVE.

I for one respect him for his services through the years.

good luck in the future CaptainMarvel ❤️💙

Hope he is in no doubt of the respect and esteem we hold him in after today. In the last few years we have been littered with charlatans , greedy bastards and chancers . Wallace was one of the constant exceptions to this throughout those dark years.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

His time is clearly up at the end of the season...... but I'm sure I speak for most Bears when I say we wish him well wherever he goes and whatever he does.

Nice to see him get the chance to say goodbye to the fans today btw.

That's my take on it too. He was clearly emotional when he ran on at first. 2-0 up with 5 to go....it was clearly a farewell. Last chance for the fans to show their appreciation. Nice for him, and a good touch from Gerrard. 

Of course, who knows with football. Things can change, and if he's still got the pace then why not keep him as backup! 

He could easily have jumped ship with the rest of the rats but loyal to the cause. Badly treated after that cup defeat, deserved a run-out today and would be a fitting end if he played and scored the winner against the scum

We all know whatever happened with him and Miller v Murty they both had the interests of the club at heart and were bred in the original mentality of this institution. Not near the best of players we've had but a superb part of our history and I was sad to see him knowing he's likely away. 

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nice touch by Gerrard and a well deserved ovation for a legend.

Didn’t deserve to play this season, didn’t deserve to get a new contract and didn’t deserve to be hung out to dry by the board and their lackies.

Not been near the team all season, so assuming Gerrard was doing the right thing and letting the fans give him a farewell. But think he could have been useful as an attacking alternative breaking down some of the defences we faced.