Yay or nay ?

Camshy

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We've arguably regressed in terms of quality by losing Kent and Candeias. 

Time will tell, but I couldn’t really get my head around why we were stockpiling so many wide players without seemingly adding significantly better quality.

Maybe it’s still to come, but I have my doubts.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We don’t have Kent and we haven’t replaced Dan with better or even comparable. 

Was feeling optimistic about the season but I’m starting to have my doubts. 

That's my worry, dont get me wrong I think we are looking smart in midfield as good as we have in a long time and the defence looks pretty solid. It's the wide areas that gives me concern as that's integral to how Stevie G sets out the team to play. 

This season looks like we will be playing with only one wide man in a number of games and I think that will really effect our ability to create, score and win games .........which is why we need that extra quality in the wide areas.

The season hasn't even started yet, we've quite a few new starters and the understanding isn't quite there yet but we're through and progressing as a team. We do miss kent and candeias but the way we play is altering and will fill in the gaps with each game.

We did what was needed, there was no need to take any risks tonight just play safe and allow Progres to take the risks and push forward more as they got desperate. 

I do however fear we’re going to miss Kent, even without doing anything he took multiple opposition defenders away just because they were worried about his threat and that opened things up for others. 

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

That's my worry, dont get me wrong I think we are looking smart in midfield as good as we have in a long time and the defence looks pretty solid. It's the wide areas that gives me concern as that's integral to how Stevie G sets out the team to play. 

This season looks like we will be playing with only one wide man in a number of games and I think that will really effect our ability to create, score and win games .........which is why we need that extra quality in the wide areas.

Going forward in the wide areas we look very poor, and don’t even get me started on our corners. 

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ojo is a better player than Candeias so I don't know why he keeps getting mentioned.

Folk on here make players look better when they leave..for last 3 months candeias was pish tbh and was getting slaughtered on here and couldn’t get in the team.

Ojo will be inconstant this season but he will score goals.

At the minute I would definitely look at another loan move for the Dalcio. 

In all seriousness I am concerned we maybe weaker in the wide positions.... but I would allow at least a full round of league games before making a solid decision. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

When you are talking about being closer to winning the league than last season you are obviously going to mention players you've lost from last season, deary me

True but they no longer come into the equation.

We are far weaker in the wide areas than last season, even Middleton offered more in goals and assists in relatively few starts than Jones and Hastie look capable of achieving. Candeias had the work rate added to the ability to make game changing assists and goals. Kent was a game changer and a constant threat. 

Candeias was never great against teams who played with 10 men behind the ball. And he was as good as a man down at times on those small plastic pitches.

Agree with O.P. It’s the weakest part of our team now. And man for man vs the Tims the only clear part where they have more quality.

Hoping Ojo can step up but it might take him a while to hit his best. Like it did Kent who really kicked on after Xmas

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We don’t have Kent and we haven’t replaced Dan with better or even comparable. 

Was feeling optimistic about the season but I’m starting to have my doubts. 

My thoughts in a nutshell.

However, I know for a fact if we comfortably beat killie then I will be back to being optimistic again. 😂

The joys of being a Bear.