Botched the transfer window

Broxi

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye maybe yer right, just still a bit raging after that the day. 

Cunts that say a win is all that matters wind me up too if that was a hearts or hibs the day they take points off us, or even a killie wae Clarke in charge. 

If we want to even make a half arsed attempt at winning the league we need to improve drastically 

I know what you mean mate and I know we all wanted a performance after the scum's result yesterday but it was never going to be easy today. Kilmarnock away is completely different to ST Johnstone at home. Have a look at my post earlier in this thread with Kilmarnock's results against us and the scum at home last season and you'll see what I mean.

I would be a bit worried if this was a turgid win against Hamilton at Ibrox but the way I see it is we were the better team and deserved to win the game. Definitely there will be easier games but it's very difficult to play a team on a small pitch who don't want to play football back. Their striker was 10 yards from his own box in open play at times in the first half.

That said I agree we need improvement but we always do. Enjoy the win and see it for what it is. If we're struggling against bottom 6 teams at Ibrox then get raging.

52 minutes ago, Broxi said:

End of last season we said we needed 3 quality signings. A LB, RW and CM (and Kent back). 

We have made 6 signings and only addressed one of those problems and it's unacceptable. 

I'm delighted we got that last minute winner today but sad truth is we are winning nothing this season with Barisic, Jones and Ojo in the team. The fact we've spent £4m on centre backs is nothing short of a farce. Haven't completely written off Ojo yet as it's far too early but early signs aren't encouraging me. Still 3 positions short, we just need to pray we still get Kent. 

What clown you are. We have added Davis Aribo OJo and I haven’t gave up on getting Kent back  yet  , any team needs 4 centre backs therefore  getting 2 in for 4m is great business  and our defence now looks much stronger than last season left back might be an issue but I believe in Barasic Flanigan and Halliday we have enough to get by  we are a great deal stronger and a more balanced squad now and we will get better as the  season gets going. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If Clarke was still there I would find this more of a valid comparison tbh. They got beat 2-0 at home to Welsh no hopers recently. Yes its a great result, no question, but performance wise and lack of creativity it was same as those league games. We pumped them 3-1 there in the cup. 

Clarke being gone doesn't matter at this stage of the season. It's more or less the same players playing the exact same tactics on their shitey plastic pitch. The comparison is completely valid as their new manager hasn't changed a single thing.

Still plenty time. Defensively we seem better, midfield we're the same if not slightly stronger. However, out wide we're definitely much weaker. I hope we get kent back but even then, personally we could do with Kent and one further quality signing as well for the other side. Don't see either happening sadly.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

His first season he made a lot of shite signings and this year hes continued it , we are not any better than last year and the manager has learned fuck all either..........

Yep, the signing of helander ahead of a forward player was baffling

Just now, StaunchLondonGer said:

Actually think Kent could be  the difference between a serious title challenge and another disappointing season. He brings the class and creativity we need in that area.

Agree. I think he'd be even more settled this time around and produce more if we get him back. 

49 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Is it just me or is morelos well off the pace?

Just you FFS he hardly got s decent ball to feet all day and one half chance.  Midfield lacked any creativity today and ridiculous that they had to score before we upped the tempo.   

There was me thinking that we hadn't beat Kilmarnock away in the league away last season and did today. Rugby park is a cunt of a pitch and they have shortened it too. Not conducive to free flowing attacking football at all.

The new players need time to gel. It's far too early to make a judgement on the signings as we have only played one league game. We lacked consistency in the league last season. How do you judge consistency after a solitary match?

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

There was me thinking that we hadn't beat Kilmarnock away in the league away last season and did today. Rugby park is a cunt of a pitch and they have shortened it too. Not conducive to free flowing attacking football at all.

The new players need time to gel. It's far too early to make a judgement on the signings as we have only played one league game. We lacked consistency in the league last season. How do you judge consistency after a solitary match?

The new players need time to gel? All 2 of them that started?

You've just hit out with a generic statement there without even knowing wit the fuck you were talking about haha 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

The new players need time to gel? All 2 of them that started?

You've just hit out with a generic statement there without even knowing wit the fuck you were talking about haha 

Still a part of the team. Don't tend to win games with 2 players who haven't gelled. BTW are we judging the signings who haven't even played a league game yet?

It wasn't a generic statement either. It was factual. Sorry if that doesn't meet your doomsday world view.

If money is at a premium, why did we spend £3.5m on another centre half when we already had Goldson, Katic and Edmundson?

Would we not have been better adding another McAuley type backup and using the money towards a playmaker / attacking mid or goalscoring winger?

3 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Hastie?!  You actually having a laugh??

No.  He scored 6 league goals last season and had one assist with less than 1000mins of league game time.  Not only is he physically strong and direct but he has an end product.  That’s why we signed him.