Botched the transfer window

Broxi

End of last season we said we needed 3 quality signings. A LB, RW and CM (and Kent back). 

We have made 6 signings and only addressed one of those problems and it's unacceptable. 

I'm delighted we got that last minute winner today but sad truth is we are winning nothing this season with Barisic, Jones and Ojo in the team. The fact we've spent £4m on centre backs is nothing short of a farce. Haven't completely written off Ojo yet as it's far too early but early signs aren't encouraging me. Still 3 positions short, we just need to pray we still get Kent. 

We do need Kent back but I think we’ll be trying very hard to make that happen.  There’s very little Gerrard can do with limited funds.

I don’t think we needed to spend all that money on Helander right enough.  Katic and Goldson have a good partnership and Edmundson looks the real deal.  

If you watched that game today and are not genuinely worried then I would suggest all you have is blind faith.

We are struggling to break down teams and do not look to have improved much from last season.

Not enough urgency in our play, we are so obvious in almost everything we do.

Until Jones came on we didn't even look like we wanted to get past a full back and get to the goal line.

Kilmarnock looked a much poorer side than they were last season and we still struggled to create many chances.

21 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He's spot on though.

No he isn't.

We now need 1 player in those positions. But at the start of the transfer window we only had 2 CBs so that absolutely had to be the priority position.

Aribo is signed to fill that CM position and has been pretty solid. Same with ojo at RW  (granted was pish today)

Agree we need a LB but to say the transfer window has been botched is just over reacting. 

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

End of last season we said we needed 3 quality signings. A LB, RW and CM (and Kent back). 

We have made 6 signings and only addressed one of those problems and it's unacceptable. 

I'm delighted we got that last minute winner today but sad truth is we are winning nothing this season with Barisic, Jones and Ojo in the team. The fact we've spent £4m on centre backs is nothing short of a farce. Haven't completely written off Ojo yet as it's far too early but early signs aren't encouraging me. Still 3 positions short, we just need to pray we still get Kent. 

We desperately needed a centre half, we got two and both look excellent. Aribo is young and will grow into his position. Jones, Hastie and Stewart are decent squad players and add depth to the squad - better than we had off the bench last season. 

Ojo - so far doesn't look to have added much and he certainly gives me the dfr=ear he's going to be Worral 2020 - a player we seemingly have to play!! Losing Candelas wasn'tt great, but seemed to be beyond the clubs control. Kent going was always likely to happen and was always going to have a negative impact - but again, probably beyond the control of the club.

So would hardly say botched, and the window doesn't close for a month - depending on Aribo's development adding a decent 10 and a left back would make it a decent window. Not doing that would be a major concern

On the bright side, regardless of the transfer dealings, were sitting on three points after one game whereas last season we were on here bemoaning dropping two points to an injury time goal at Pittodrie - so going to hang on to that positivity for at least a few days!! 😃

Ojo had a good first game or two but has now had 3 pish games in a row

And people saying we needed CBs, yes we did. But it makes no sense to spend £4m on positions where we needed back ups, and sign poor players for free in positions where we needed quality. 

Ojo had a stinker of a game, but I think he will be a very good player for us this season. Will prove to be a better player than Candeias for us IMO.

Aribo looks a class act, very happy with him.

Centre backs have been improved.

I think Jones and Stewart offer us more options than we had before.

Would love to see Kent back though.