Would us being up to our knees in terrorist blood get uefa off our case?

Thermopylae

15 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

The best part of the song is the hello hello part - surely someone with half a brain could come up with words that fit that and are actually about the team.  No need to be up to our knees in anything and I'm not even sure it even needs Billy boys in it given that (as far as I recall) the reference is to Billy Fullerton and most of us aren't from Bridgeton. If Liverpool fans can revamp Fields of Athenray to fit their club surely we can come up with something that's basically five lines.

Sick of the pish that it can never be sung - it just needs people to move on a wee bit and put team lyrics over non team stuff, in the same way 99% of teams in the world do

Therein lies the question. 

Do we want to sing it for the fenian references which we will never win now with UEFA or is it as stated above for the Hello Hello

Easy answer and the club could back this with agreement from EUFA would be the version I had on an old 1970's LP.

Hello Hello we are the Rangers boys

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

We follow Glasgow Rangers

As sure as we're alive

For we are the Glasgow Rangers boys.

Only problem there would be the club don't have the balls to take the lead.

9 minutes ago, Brackley said:

Therein lies the question. 

Do we want to sing it for the fenian references which we will never win now with UEFA or is it as stated above for the Hello Hello

Easy answer and the club could back this with agreement from EUFA would be the version I had on an old 1970's LP.

Hello Hello we are the Rangers boys

Hello hello you'll know us by our noise

We follow Glasgow Rangers

As sure as we're alive

For we are the Glasgow Rangers boys.

Only problem there would be the club don't have the balls to take the lead.

This post gave me aids.

32 minutes ago, Malvern said:

UEFA has still never listed songs that cannot be sung, maybe as it is too much work for all the leagues they cover.

After all singing about Hillsborough by Man Utd fans and Singing about the Busby Babes dying in the aircrash by Liverpool fans must be off limits too surely?

Well I thought we would just cut out the middle man (UEFA) and go straight to the scum who have the final decision. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just where doesn’t it say in the great rules of football songs that you are only allowed to sing about your own team. 

One of the best things about going to a football match is giving the other supporters dogs abuse ( at least it was until snow flake cunts took over) 

Who says you can't???  Lots of songs about the sheep and hibs that don't need political overtones.

For me, I prefer to sing songs that get behind the team and happy enough for chants to be aimed at opposition players/teams that don't go down the political route.  I'm not Northern Irish, so a lot of those songs have always been irrelevant to me (one of the main reasons songs don't carry around the stadium is that a lot of people aren't interested in loyalist songs, certainly more so now than in the past). 

If that makes me a snowflake (do people really use that term in Scotland!!), so be it, but I've been the same snowflake for the last forty years of going to games

Times are changing, better to be part of the process of change than having it enforced on us by others 

This song will  never go away and rightly so. It is our song and although it may go quiet for a while will resurface. In its present form that is going to bite us in the arse at least with UEFA  and given the chance the SFA . The only solution to not only keep the song but ultimately protect our Club is to change the word fenian. Paedo works for me but changing one line to We follow Glasgow Rangers our hearts are strong and true may be more acceptable to the Club. The most important part of the song is the Hullo Hullo part and we shouldn’t lose that by being unwilling to change. If we announce we’re dropping the fenian word we protect ourselves and the Club and keep the song

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

UEFA has still never listed songs that cannot be sung, maybe as it is too much work for all the leagues they cover.

After all singing about Hillsborough by Man Utd fans and Singing about the Busby Babes dying in the aircrash by Liverpool fans must be off limits too surely?

Whose that dying in the tarmac 

Whose that dying in the snow

Its matt Busby and his boys..... Crack

Ended up in the biggest doing I've had in my life somewhere near Coventry on the way to valencia, 10 hours in the cell and bused it back to n Peterhead. 

Best day out for a long time 

52 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Who says you can't???  Lots of songs about the sheep and hibs that don't need political overtones.

For me, I prefer to sing songs that get behind the team and happy enough for chants to be aimed at opposition players/teams that don't go down the political route.  I'm not Northern Irish, so a lot of those songs have always been irrelevant to me (one of the main reasons songs don't carry around the stadium is that a lot of people aren't interested in loyalist songs, certainly more so now than in the past). 

If that makes me a snowflake (do people really use that term in Scotland!!), so be it, but I've been the same snowflake for the last forty years of going to games

Times are changing, better to be part of the process of change than having it enforced on us by others 

Football is dying, happy clapper stuck up muppets are the main cause  

No idea what political overtones you’re on about. 

And aye you do sound like a snowflake, In sure you will get up and tell everybody to be quiet on sunday when the songs start you don’t like. 

50 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Football is dying, happy clapper stuck up muppets are the main cause  

No idea what political overtones you’re on about. 

And aye you do sound like a snowflake, In sure you will get up and tell everybody to be quiet on sunday when the songs start you don’t like. 

Football isn't dying - you're maybe new but used  to be a dawdle to get a season (walk up first game of the season, wee ticket office in the main stand, pay your cash and in you go). Mind this was before I used to get lifted over to stand on the terrace (but that's another story). Away tickets (if you actually need a ticket) were easy to get, usually paid cash at the gate. Now we have waiting lists for seasons, ballots for away games. You probably don't understand what it was like - so not your fault.

Political overtones are the longstanding loyalist stuff - again, maybe you're new.  If you don't get it then I think that one is on you. I wouldn't waste my time trying to explain.

On Sunday I'll be singing songs and getting behind the team in the same seat I've had for over twenty years - my opinions, politics and attitudes are known to most around me as they've been there that long too.  I'm fairly sure you won't be one of them. If you happen to be there I'd say get behind the team, but maybe that's not your thing??

Original version or none.

Changing one word, and altering the impact of the song, is akin to one of those shitey wishy washy copycat songs sung in the EFL.

I'd rather we went with the likes of No Surrender or Build My Gallows at full pelt for the time being until it all blows over again.