Jon Flanagan

RangersMedia

Just now, psb07158 said:

The 1 positive today. Absolutely excellent defensively and tried to get forward and support Aribo, who should have slid him in instead of having a shot in the 2nd half. 

Between him & Barisic we're OK at left back, despite the hysteria. 

OF games are made for him. And I agree with the last sentence.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Offers nothing going forward and in the modern game that’s a huge aspect of the role of a full back. Especially when you’re playing with 5 fucking central midfielders. 

Gerrards fault, play a winger who stays high up knowing flanagan behind him is solid as fuck

He was my MOTM today, shocking given he's the left back, shows how fucking bad we were 

Just now, Essandoh said:

I agree he played alright today but two OK left backs isn’t really good enough if we want to win silverware

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Offers nothing going forward and in the modern game that’s a huge aspect of the role of a full back. Especially when you’re playing with 5 fucking central midfielders. 

He has nullified celtic's best/most dangerous player in every game he has played in against them  and he got forward today quite a bit but Aribo was lost on the left 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrards fault, play a winger who stays high up knowing flanagan behind him is solid as fuck

He was my MOTM today, shocking given he's the left back, shows how fucking bad we were 

Made a great tackle in the first half and thought he had badly injured himself.

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The 1 positive today. Absolutely excellent defensively and tried to get forward and support Aribo, who should have slid him in instead of having a shot in the 2nd half. 

Between him & Barisic we're OK at left back, despite the hysteria. 

Yeah defended well. And difficult for him to get forward when every cunt in front of him was passing backwards at every opportunity 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He has nullified celtic's best/most dangerous player in every game he has played in against them  and he got forward today quite a bit but Aribo was lost on the left 

He had constant space today but a mixture of players not having the vision to see him with space mixed with Aribo in front of him being rank rotten didn't help.

Will never be on the level of Artur Numan but I find him a decent worker who puts a decent shift in.

When your motm in an old firm game is an out of position left back who can't use his left foot and is terrified of crossing the half way line or even playing a forward pass you are in trouble. 

Played a steady 7 out of 10 today which I'd fine if the rest of the team are hitting 8s or 9s but we were miles away from that today.

Pass marks to him, Davis (7), Katic (7) and Mcgregor (7). The rest underperformed massively. 

57 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

When your motm in an old firm game is an out of position left back who can't use his left foot and is terrified of crossing the half way line or even playing a forward pass you are in trouble. 

Played a steady 7 out of 10 today which I'd fine if the rest of the team are hitting 8s or 9s but we were miles away from that today.

Pass marks to him, Davis (7), Katic (7) and Mcgregor (7). The rest underperformed massively. 

Think that's generous towards Katic tbh mate. Thought he had his worst game of the season.