The League.

jim beam

Just now, eejay the dj said:

When you lose games , it's usually mistakes mate . However . we seem to make a hell of a lot of really bad errors and get punished for them

When other teams have errors against us . Out hit rate must be about 1goal  in 100 errors

I've noticed this as well, it's crazy how many times we lose with 1 single mistake in a game yet I can't recall the last time we genuinely won a game with an error from the opposition akin to Goldson today or tavernier last season and certainly no big games

8 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

That's 2 out the last 3 old firm games so called stupid mistakes have lost us the game. When does this end and we accept we are not good enough?? 

When we stop showing them too much respect, fannying about with the ball at the back does ma nut right in, we shouid be playing pressing/attacking football that's when we're at our best. 

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

Today will be a real confidence booster for them.  They do seem to be better at breaking teams down that we are.  Can’t see them dropping many points in the league even if they aren’t as good defensively as in previous seasons.

Against Kilmarnock, St.Mirren and again today, we struggle to break teams down.  We really need a creative player who can make things happen.  

I keep saying this mate.

We only need to look at our results, a last minute winner against a defensive St mirren, a last minute winner in Europe.

Last minute winners are great but we still struggle against a team determined to defend and the scum parked the bus after their goal no matter what anybody says.

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Not an excuse  played at home no travel won in the last minute we should have been buzzing on a high

Ran themselves into the ground for 95 mins on Thursday & all the emotion of the night the way it ended, hard to give the same again just over 2 days later. 

Just now, the old guard said:

When we stop showing them too much respect, fannying about with the ball at the back does ma nut right in, we shouid be playing pressing/attacking football that's when we're at our best. 

Our formation played right into their hands today . So they high pressed us . Popcorn teeth must of thought , he won a watch before the game

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

Ran themselves into the ground for 95 mins on Thursday & all the emotion of the night the way it ended, hard to give the same again just over 2 days later. 

celtic played on Thursday too and theirs was an away game.  Todays result wasn't due to tiredness.  

There is still a lot of games to be played so I wouldn't write off the league yet.

However there is still worrying signs from last season.  We are still struggling to break sides down that set up to defend. 

It feels like we are still short in the final 3rd of someone that can create something in these type of games.

Just now, TMB said:

celtic played on Thursday too and theirs was an away game.  Todays result wasn't due to tiredness.  

They had a midweek holiday with a wee run out, there game had zero intensity. Going hard for 90 mins on Thursday night giving your all us gonna affect your weekend performance

31 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's the 1st of September. 

He’s correct about no other team will take points off them though  , it’s the 1st of September and already under no circumstances can we drop points between now and the end of December when we go there 

20 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Thursday night has played a massive part in this lacklustre performance today, it just came too quick

I didn't think we were that great on Thursday either, much the same today - we were flat and lack creativity.

7 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I didn't think we were that great on Thursday either, much the same today - we were flat and lack creativity.

Same. The last minute goal papered over it really. Legia are good, but we struggled still.

46 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's the 1st of September. 

And we've already been embarrassed at Ibrox by a poor cellic team and 3 points behind with worse goal difference to a cellic team that are scoring for fun in a mediocre league and against mediocre European opposition. . 

Anything positive to add at this point ? 

38 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Same was said last season as well though mate. People been going on about scum only playing shit sides this season yet they beat us easily today at Ibrox. 

We have done great in the EL qualifying again but still too many worrying signs in the league. 

Last minute winner against a poor Killie side. Needed a free kick against St Mirren and a shambles today. 

Hope I'm wrong but my worries this summer that we have not added enough quality is still here. We are crying out for a creative player.

Quite right.

We had barely anybody who could get past a man in our line up.

Summed up best when Jack was in 20 yards of space just inside out half & was flapping his arms cos there was nobody to pass to.

So why  not drive at them Ryan & maybe create a wee gap?

While I’m slagging him, I’ll add that his game today defined the old ‘second touch is a tackle’!!!

41 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Thursday night has played a massive part in this lacklustre performance today, it just came too quick

celtic played on Thursday too.  They were in Sweden and had to travel back.  Why wasn’t this too quick for them?

33 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I don’t see the Tarriers lose that many points this year. As shite as they are they’re scoring goals for fun and have the quality to see games out.

They are far more clinical and move the ball quicker.

I fully expected a win today but we’re chasing already and we’ve only one home advantage left

We don’t have the creativity or mental strength to go away to them and win 

22 minutes ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Crying out for  a creative player or 2

Yeah have to agree.

We have strikers with goals in them with morelos and defoe. But the rest of the front 3 is still lacking at times. You can see with the struggles we had to break down killie and st mirren. 

Creative players don't come cheap or on loan. Serious money has to be spent to land them.