The League.

jim beam

That was hard to watch, right from the off we weren’t in this game and as other threads and posts have stated Gerrard got it all wrong from team selection and tactics.

Now we find ourselves playing catch-up already and and if we are going to win this league we desperately need a couple of quality players not mediocre loans,they aren’t that far in front of us but the difference is they have a couple of players that make the difference that we don’t have.

We can’t rely on other teams in this league as they are truly awful so it’s down to us and going on that performance I’m not hopeful,if we finish second again and they clinch nine The frustration will boil over and the board had better be prepared for it.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's the 1st of September. 

I know that mate what I’m saying or trying to say is that I can’t see any other team take points of them or not many so it is down to us and with our next game against them at parkhead I’m not hopeful we will close the gap unless we bridge the gap in players.and play a hell of a lot better than we did today.

Didn't manage to see the game and thank fuck, as soon as I seen the lineup I knew it was a difficult one.

We've went from playing 2 wingers all last season to once or twice so far this season and then only one winger to absolutely none today.

Has to be the wrong call from the manager , to me that says he was scared.......such a disappointing result caused by over confidence and poor selection today.

Waiting for the odds to get a bit higher, we’ve never been above 2-1 to win the league, the paedo hordes will be throwing money at it just now. If anything good can happen from today it’s the odds increasing on us winning the league. This game is just 3 points lost and I think we can be more consistent than them.

Today will be a real confidence booster for them.  They do seem to be better at breaking teams down that we are.  Can’t see them dropping many points in the league even if they aren’t as good defensively as in previous seasons.

Against Kilmarnock, St.Mirren and again today, we struggle to break teams down.  We really need a creative player who can make things happen.  

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Waiting for the odds to get a bit higher, we’ve never been above 2-1 to win the league, the paedo hordes will be throwing money at it just now. If anything good can happen from today it’s the odds increasing on us winning the league. This game is just 3 points lost and I think we can be more consistent than them.

Aww aye thats a smashing way to look at it, still be the same opinion when we hit 10/1 or 20/1 ?

6 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Didn't think they were that good tbh, made a stupid mistake for the first goal, all still to play for. 

That's 2 out the last 3 old firm games so called stupid mistakes have lost us the game. When does this end and we accept we are not good enough?? 

Who were the last team to lose the first OF game of the season and go on to win the league? Them in 11/12 in our administration season and them again the season we got to Manchester. So unless they go on a European run or get deducted 10 points they’ve got one hand on the title already, that’s how big today was. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Same was said last season as well to be fair mate. People been going on about scum only playing shit sides this season yet they beat us easily today at Ibrox. 

We have done great in the EL qualifying again but still too many worrying signs in the league. 

Last minute winner against a poor Killie side. Needed a free kick against St Mirren and a shambles today. 

Hope I'm wrong but my worries this summer that we have not added enough quality is still here. We are crying out for a creative player.

A st mirren fan who works with me said during the week he was shocked at how poor we were he said expected more from us .

He always likes us and was hoping we won today as he’s fed up listening to them.

Its a worry as the league is the one we should be winning games comfortably.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Who were the last team to lose the first OF game of the season and go on to win the league? Them in 11/12 in our administration season and them again the season we got to Manchester. So unless they go on a European run or get deducted 10 points they’ve got one hand on the title already, that’s how big today was. 

I can see us dropping more silly points over the season than them as well. 

I never bought into the whole they are weaker with a pish manager talk. End of the day they are treble treble winners for a reason and it was going to take sonething special to stop that run. Unfortunately I don't think we have that sonething special 

The league all depends on how we and they deal with the other teams. 

Too early to tell really,  but i’m not full of confidence. If we had won or drawn i’d have taken a bit more, but to lose to that patched up side is a sickener. We can get those points back from them, but St Mirren and Killie have left me a bit worried.

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

That's 2 out the last 3 old firm games so called stupid mistakes have lost us the game. When does this end and we accept we are not good enough?? 

When you lose games , it's usually mistakes mate . However . we seem to make a hell of a lot of really bad errors and get punished for them

When other teams have errors against us . Out hit rate must be about 1goal  in 100 errors