***** The Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That today was horrendous just simply can't be accepted  if it wasn't for the wee man we'd be fucked.

Don't understand posts like this. Were we fucked at Hibs without Morelos. Like the gaffer says, horses for courses, today's game suited Morelos much more than Defoe. 

3 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Shifting it from back to front quicker without Hellander.

Completely disagree with this! One of Helander’s best attributes is his passing and he regularly tries to play it to the winger or into the midfield, as opposed to passing it around at the back. 

The goal against Porto is the most obvious example of this but there are plenty more. 

7 minutes ago, Del said:

Completely disagree with this! One of Helander’s best attributes is his passing and he regularly tries to play it to the winger or into the midfield, as opposed to passing it around at the back. 

The goal against Porto is the most obvious example of this but there are plenty more. 

Past two games there’s been more forward passes from defence.

30 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Of course but perform like that on Sunday forget it. Was miles off today 3points or not. 

Apples and oranges. celtic aren’t going to set up and play for a point from the first minute on Sunday. That’s what Kilmarnock did and we struggled to break it down as a result.

6 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Past two games there’s been more forward passes from defence.

Based on what? Katic is markedly poorer on the ball than both Helander and Goldson, but having been to both games and watched them both back a few times, I’ve not seen anything to suggest that?

Ironically I felt today the problem was that we were too slow with the ball  going front to back meaning that we were just camped at the edge of their box trying to play through them!

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Apples and oranges. celtic aren’t going to set up and play for a point from the first minute on Sunday. That’s what Kilmarnock did and we struggled to break it down as a result.

He came out with this pish before the final. 

I had the fenian game on the telly with ours on the laptop and they were absolutely shite. 

I don't get why people can't understand that each game is different. No every game will be us steamrolling cunts, especially a well organised killie side who in all honesty were still lucky not to head home with a 3 or 4 goal defeat. 

He's an idiot 

In watching Liverpool right now, I see so many similarities in how we try to play like. them.  4-3-3, two attacking full-backs & even the kick-off was the same as us today (punt down the wing right away). I can only assume Klopp & Gerrard talk often.

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He came out with this pish before the final. 

I had the fenian game on the telly with ours on the laptop and they were absolutely shite. 

I don't get why people can't understand that each game is different. No every game will be us steamrolling cunts, especially a well organised killie side who in all honesty were still lucky not to head home with a 3 or 4 goal defeat. 

He's an idiot 

Just don’t get people who think every game should or will be a three or four goal spanking. It’s never been that way. Even with teams a million times better than the ones we have now.

Playing a well organised team who only want to play for a point at the end of a hectic run of of games, three days before a big game and a day after Christmas was never likely to see a vintage performance.

After Aberdeen we couldn’t afford to drop any points and we’ve managed it even though most people thought we wouldn’t.

Take the points, accept the game for what it was, and move on to Sunday.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

In watching Liverpool right now, I see so many similarities in how we try to play like. them.  4-3-3, two attacking full-backs & even the kick-off was the same as us today (punt down the wing right away). I can only assume Klopp & Gerrard talk often.

I don’t know how you are noticing that now tbh :lol:

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

And in games like today we shouldn’t be playing 3 midfielders like Jack, Arfield and Kamara.

A complete nonsense.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

And in games like today we shouldn’t be playing 3 midfielders like Jack, Arfield and Kamara.

A complete nonsense.

I totally agree with that. Gerrard knew they were going to park the bus but didn't alter our style. He didn't really need to play Kamara today. Stewart has showed in the past he is good in tight positions. Well at least we won.

On 25/12/2019 at 20:24, TMB said:

I think Hearts and Hibs has recently replaced their managers prior to use playing them.  We absolutely pumped both teams.  There’s only so much a manager can do with these shite squads.

Some of their best players under Clarke (Jones, Stewart, Broadfoot, Taylor, Mulumbu, etc) all gone.  

Seems I was right to suspect it would not be as easy as many thought - Kilmarnock played exactly as I predicted and we narrowly won, which is all that really counts - roll on next Sunday! 

Archived