Morelos Has To Go..

Swagger

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Good that we now have options that allow us to exclude Morelos when he’s behaving as he is, was a time last season where it mattered not a jot how much a clown he was being because he would always walk back into the time. That’s not healthy in any dressing room. 

Thats the nail on the head, we have been way too reliant on him. No coincidence that when his form went down the pan after christmas we went clean to fuck. It wasnt just that but it was a big part of it.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

Thats the nail on the head, we have been way too reliant on him. No coincidence that when his form went down the pan after christmas we went clean to fuck. It wasnt just that but it was a big part of it.

Completely agree, we relied so heavily on him. If he wasn’t on it, it was as if the rest of the team had no confidence in us scoring goals. He’s been great for us but I think a clean break would be good for both parties, it’s clear his time here has ran its course. Good luck to him, will follow his career wherever he ends up. 

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

He was at the heart of every draw or defeat for us last season, Aberdeen at home aside. Every other one though, him and Tav always played their part. 

That's our captain and vice captain. 

Goldson been absolutely rock solid so far this season tbf

I've been biting my tongue because i'm a huge fan of Alfie.. But truthfully I think selling Morelos is the best thing for the club. As much as I wish he could turn it around, I can't help but believe we've gone as far as we can with him. 

Domestically he only scored 12 league goals. Given he was the focal point of our team I'd be expecting far higher numbers than that... Especially since our team was literally built around him and he had the lions share of our chances. Fact is those are numbers that can and will likely be replaced relatively easily. With him being out of the team it forces us to play the game differently... hopefully we will start to see other players having the freedom to express themselves a bit more, without just being there to service Alfie.

It won't be instant and we will probably have some bumps along the way.. but I think we will benefit massively in the long run by moving on without him.

50 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Listen mate your a fucking shitebag cunt, you wouldne have the bottle to even attempt to talk to me like that in person ya fucking internet bam lets say that first Ya MUG!!

on the game I’m delighted, roofe scores a lucky goal but I couldn’t care less if it hit his dangle berries and went in, a goals a goal an I’ll take it, does he or itten look capable of filling Morelos shoes on their showing right now? Absolutely fucking no chance but that’s my opinion ya fucking retarded cunt!

Your hard 😂

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Completely agree, we relied so heavily on him. If he wasn’t on it, it was as if the rest of the team had no confidence in us scoring goals. He’s been great for us but I think a clean break would be good for both parties, it’s clear his time here has ran its course. Good luck to him, will follow his career wherever he ends up. 

Give us decent money for him and I’m delighted. He’ll probably  prove me wrong but his career won’t go far - we will be a better team for it if he moves (so long as we spend wisely !! ) 

20 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Morelos may well be leaving but be careful what you ask for.

A combination of Roofe & Itten may replace his goals but it won't be Itten on his own. Morelos is the better player.

Morelos can fuck off tbh we stuck by him when he was getting  sent off etc and he’s not in right head space to play for us.

Get rid asap 

Gerrard speaking on Morelos.

"For me it was pretty simple. We need players who work hard every single day & who are ready and focused for the challenges coming up. I only want players who are hungry for the shirt and...
want to do a job. I want it to be difficult in every position. If I see people who are not focused or who have taken their eye off the ball and not really hungry to get this football club results, I have to make easy decisions and Alfredo made it easy for me this week.”

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Gerrard speaking on Morelos.

"For me it was pretty simple. We need players who work hard every single day & who are ready and focused for the challenges coming up. I only want players who are hungry for the shirt and...
want to do a job. I want it to be difficult in every position. If I see people who are not focused or who have taken their eye off the ball and not really hungry to get this football club results, I have to make easy decisions and Alfredo made it easy for me this week.”

I think SG needs to hold his own counsel as this could go pear shaped in terms of value with clubs now knowing we have an unsettled striker and an unhappy management team which will now probably drag on until we’re boxed in.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I think SG needs to hold his own counsel as this could go pear shaped in terms of value with clubs now knowing we have an unsettled striker and an unhappy management team which will now probably drag on until we’re boxed in.

Nope.

We've dropped him and let him realise he can stay out of the picture if that's what he wants, and we'll do fine without him. We're not the AM show, and won't be selling for less than our valuation. 

Hopefully its sorted ASAP though.

Archived