***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

If you're going to win league, you just cannot give up chances like we did or drop points on a regular basis. The mhanks just seem to get over the line more than we do and we're more likely to drop points next weekend again than they are. 

In getting over the line, you need desire and belief from your team, which seems missing in our team. Likewise, you need your boss to show leadership at the right times and ours doesn't.  I'm sorry, but what the fuck was Defoe's substitution and then Itten with 5 to go supposed to achieve. What shape did that give us to get a winner?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Can you name one? That nine in a row team had about half a dozen playing at any one time who couldve been captains if called on . Not knocking tav but this current team dont have a single one. Not one.

our keeper

Just now, Swally said:

The problems riddled through the fans as well. Wanting to make excuses for the manager and his players. Complaining about poor refereeing, complaining about this or that.

We used to laugh like fuck at the scum an their conspiracy theories, always cheated never defeated. Some of our fans are doing the exact same thing.

Some of our lot and 100x worse after certain games. Either fans have lost their way about what we are or they have never experienced it due to age. 

29 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

2 great saves? 

I saw 2 fucking garbage finishes, the second one in particular 

To be fair, they were good saves, but Arfield really should have given him no chance.

Keeper almost kept out the one he did score, too.

3 minutes ago, Swally said:

The problems riddled through the fans as well. Wanting to make excuses for the manager and his players. Complaining about poor refereeing, complaining about this or that.

We used to laugh like fuck at the scum an their conspiracy theories, always cheated never defeated. Some of our fans are doing the exact same thing.

The referee had nothing to do with Goldson failing to defend. Yes we’ve had poor decisions. But we bring it on ourselves more often than not. 

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Hibs getting something at the piggery😀😀😀😀😀😀

their defence is shite

Listening to McCoist and Boyd trying to convince that the junkies are capable of taking anything from the chamber of secrets and andy wanker patronising them would be laughable if I wasn’t an angry man.

1 minute ago, Swally said:

See if our players felt hard done by with the decisions they could maybe use that sense of injustice as motivation. Instead, being the losers they are, they will use as an excuse for bottling it yet again.

9 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Still gutted I didn't put the mortgage on Alloa in play when we were 2 up. 

I’m an older bear and I can remember when we had winners managing and playing for us .It has felts like years now .We have the stench of a losing mentality in whatever season we are competing in .There is something majorly wrong at the top of our club working it’s way down to the players on the pitch .An acceptance of being also rans 

It just doesn’t sit well with me 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I’m an older bear and I can remember when we had winners managing and playing for us .It has felt like years now .We have the stench of a losing mentality in whatever season we are competing in .There is something majorly wrong at the top of our club working it’s way down to the players on the pitch .An acceptance of being also rans 

It just doesn’t sit well with me 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Because our officials are shite. Everyone and their fucking dog knows that. Been that way for decades. Using the officials as an excuse is done with now. 

Genuinely makes not one bit of sense. We were denied 3 points by the officials allowing game a changing moment to count that shouldn't have counted. If he gets that decision correct we're all praising Gerrard and his players for collecting a tough 3 points. Cheated today. 

We had the 3 points in the bag, instead of going defensive we kept banging our heads trying to get more, might get away with it against other teams but Hivs are strong defensively, Gerrard should have closed shop when we were in the lead, that’s if we are capable of closing shop.

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

The referee had nothing to do with Goldson failing to defend. Yes we’ve had poor decisions. But we bring it on ourselves more often than not. 

Our two fullbacks at both goals were terrible, far to easy for Boyle to cross the ball, fundamental fuck ups yet again. 

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

We steamrollered teams sometimes and more in the earlier 9IAR seasons. In the later ones we often needed last minute goals (winning mentality) and moments of magic from Gazza or Laudrup. Some the games in the later years were turgid and we were lucky but we had the players and the mentality as a squad to fight for each other and never accept second best. Those qualities are missing in our current squad. 

That’s why we need a no thrills midfielder to add a bit of steel to an otherwise powderpuff team.

I always remember us being at our best when we had a strong mid and also CB pairing. Uncompromising players with maybe not the best skill set, but the opposing players would know they’re in for a game.

The rest of the team can be littered with more technical players. But not those areas imo

1 minute ago, TheJacketRFC said:

I mentioned that in the match thread 👍 he allowed that cross to be played and held off even trying to block.

Barasic is great going forward, but a speedy winger  and he shites it at times( Utd last week)

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Goldson's a moron, but the officials get that offside correct then we're going home with 3 points and talking about how Goldson NEARLY cost us again. 

Just now, King Jela said:

Genuinely makes not one bit of sense. We were denied 3 points by the officials allowing game a changing moment to count that shouldn't have counted. If he gets that decision correct we're all praising Gerrard and his players for collecting a tough 3 points. Cheated today. 

How about the players and management put on a performance that makes the referee and linesman job obsolete? That decision given rightly or wrongly doesn't take away a very abject performance.

Archived