***** Official Scum vs Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

A think we will have been working like mad to get aribo fit for this 

Fit isnt the same as kicking a ball competitively, he should not be starting for this

Only thing is, i dont really know who id play with kamara, i think davis isnt mobile enough in these games unless we revert to the pissy 433, if we stay 4231 i dont want davis near the game, but jack isnt playing well so fuck knows lol

19 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A crowd would not stand for lemmon parking the bus which is why I am starting to feel that is exactly what he will do.

Try to frustrate us and look for set pieces.

Of course that plan has to be ditched if we go 2-0 up.

That’s what I was thinking.  

Ideally we want a game of football where we can do our stuff & that really should take care of itself however I reckon they’ll try for a scrappy stop/start game where set pieces & discipline (working the officials) are the overriding factors.  

We just need to be Ready. 

Right - who had McAvennie as being the next mouthpiece to get something out into the press (well, the Record) about the ref?

"celtic legend Frank McAvennie claims he is fearful for referee John Beaton ahead of Saturday's showdown between his former side and Rangers.

The whistler will take charge of his first match between the sides in almost two years when he was the man in the middle during Rangers ' 1-0 win back in December 2018.

Beaton decided against punishing a trio of incidents involving Alfredo Morelos with the Colombian becoming embroiled in on-field spats Tony Ralston, Ryan Christie and Scott Brown.

The 38-year-old referee opened up earlier this year about the sickening online abuse and death threats he was subjected to after his last experience officiating powderkeg fixture.

And McAvennie is hoping the game between celtic and Rangers passes without any major incidents but has voiced his key concerns.

Speaking to Football Insider, he said: “I fear for the referee on Saturday.

"He is not very well liked by the celtic side of Glasgow.

“I hope I am wrong, I really do. I hope he stands up because he is a good referee but in the past he has been known to make a couple of gaffes when it comes to celtic.

“I am hoping they were just mistakes. Put it this way, I really hope next week we are not talking about the referee’s performance. I hope it is about football.”

Beaton will be assisted by Graeme Stewart and David Roome, with Don Robertson the fourth official for the game at Parkhead"

3 minutes ago, frenv said:

Right - who had McAvennie as being the next mouthpiece to get something out into the press (well, the Record) about the ref?

"celtic legend Frank McAvennie claims he is fearful for referee John Beaton ahead of Saturday's showdown between his former side and Rangers.

The whistler will take charge of his first match between the sides in almost two years when he was the man in the middle during Rangers ' 1-0 win back in December 2018.

Beaton decided against punishing a trio of incidents involving Alfredo Morelos with the Colombian becoming embroiled in on-field spats Tony Ralston, Ryan Christie and Scott Brown.

The 38-year-old referee opened up earlier this year about the sickening online abuse and death threats he was subjected to after his last experience officiating powderkeg fixture.

And McAvennie is hoping the game between celtic and Rangers passes without any major incidents but has voiced his key concerns.

Speaking to Football Insider, he said: “I fear for the referee on Saturday.

"He is not very well liked by the celtic side of Glasgow.

“I hope I am wrong, I really do. I hope he stands up because he is a good referee but in the past he has been known to make a couple of gaffes when it comes to celtic.

“I am hoping they were just mistakes. Put it this way, I really hope next week we are not talking about the referee’s performance. I hope it is about football.”

Beaton will be assisted by Graeme Stewart and David Roome, with Don Robertson the fourth official for the game at Parkhead"

Threatening , intimidation, looking for co-ersion in their pursuit, they really are the dregs of society 

38 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

A crowd would not stand for lemmon parking the bus which is why I am starting to feel that is exactly what he will do.

Try to frustrate us and look for set pieces.

Of course that plan has to be ditched if we go 2-0 up.

Lennon has one way of playing and that is all out attack, not a chance are they sitting in

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fit isnt the same as kicking a ball competitively, he should not be starting for this

Only thing is, i dont really know who id play with kamara, i think davis isnt mobile enough in these games unless we revert to the pissy 433, if we stay 4231 i dont want davis near the game, but jack isnt playing well so fuck knows lol

Like when kent didn’t play for 7 weeks then came in n tore them apart?

Not sure why anyone thinks celtic are going to play defensively... They'll go with a high press to try and keep Tav and Barasic back whilst not allowing our midfielders time to play.

Our front 3 will be pivotal... There will be a lot of space to exploit on the counter so I have a feeling Gerrard will drop Hagi for Jones or Barker. 

4 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Not sure why anyone thinks celtic are going to play defensively... They'll go with a high press to try and keep Tav and Barasic back whilst not allowing our midfielders time to play.

Our front 3 will be pivotal... There will be a lot of space to exploit on the counter so I have a feeling Gerrard will drop Hagi for Jones or Barker. 

Nah, has to be Hagi surely. Has the brains to open them up. Barker or Jones are basic SPFL level garbage.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I’m sure that’s a Man City tactic, loose possession, give up a free kick then regroup 

Went to Cardiff v Man City and that’s where I first noticed how good/cynically they worked it. All the fouls they gave away were deep in the Cardiff half, stopped them building up attacks. Don’t get me wrong Man City played them off the park but fouling early was definitely part of their strategy.

27 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Went to Cardiff v Man City and that’s where I first noticed how good/cynically they worked it. All the fouls they gave away were deep in the Cardiff half, stopped them building up attacks. Don’t get me wrong Man City played them off the park but fouling early was definitely part of their strategy.

It’s definitely a good tactic if applied properly but it’s definitely unsporting IMO but allowed within the current rules 

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s definitely a good tactic if applied properly but it’s definitely unsporting IMO but allowed within the current rules 

Cynical but effective. Forwards less likely to get booked in the opposition half than defenders in their own half.

Archived