Dapo Mebude

OceanRain

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s obviously been a Rangers related gamer tag, no point blaming tarriers for it.

Videos of that gamertag playing ultimateteam using Rangers kits, gamertag of a rangers players name, DP of a Rangers player.

Take the spending on getting Live, (and on Ultimate team) on the off chance he happens to play a Rangers player so that he can abuse him is proper tinfoil hat stuff.

32 minutes ago, Swally said:

I don't think anyone is thinking he is worthy of any blame, however it doesn't mean that you cannot have an opinion about the way he's spoken out.

It also doesn't mean that there is a lack of empathy for what he himself has gone through.

Speaking for myself I'm simply talking about what I'd rather he said, because there's now a shit-storm out there and if it turns out to not be a Rangers fan, well the Rangers fans and club are victims of bad reporting hinging on ill-chosen words by the player.

It goes without saying he could be calling it spot on though, I guess we'll see what happens.

I hope he speaks out and if its a Rangers supporter he fucking berates the scummy bastard, likewise if its a tarrier with a Rangers tag.

The boy deserves our full support regardless not partial because he said it in a way that upsets some.

The msm will give whatever narrative they choose. I'll focus on black Rangers player racially abused and hope he gets the full club and fan backing he deserves. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I hope he speaks out and if its a Rangers supporter he fucking berates the scummy bastard, likewise if its a tarrier with a Rangers tag.

The boy deserves our full support regardless not partial because he said it in a way that upsets some.

The msm will give whatever narrative they choose. I'll focus on black Rangers player racially abused and hope he gets the full club and fan backing he deserves. 

Like I said I hope if it is a Rangers fan he's banned for life. The club will back the player but I expect the club to be making 100% sure of the facts before hitting out at anybody. Which imo is the right way to go.

I know some will be wondering why the club haven't said anything but you don't want to rush a statement out otherwise if wrong it could cause more problems.

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Why would somebody kick about with a gamer tag, on the basis that they might play a Rangers player or their family? 

Starting to buy it now. Wasn't aware of how it worked.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Videos of that gamertag playing ultimateteam using Rangers kits, gamertag of a rangers players name, DP of a Rangers player.

Take the spending on getting Live, (and on Ultimate team) on the off chance he happens to play a Rangers player so that he can abuse him is proper tinfoil hat stuff.

Just weird behaviour. 

I genuinely can't believe some people are questioning his right to speak out publicly about this. There's a post on here basically saying he should keep quiet because he has to protect the club's name. Where have I heard that before?

Stupid idiots like the guy who has abused him need to be eradicated from our support. That won't happen if its kept quiet.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I genuinely can't believe some people are questioning his right to speak out publicly about this. There's a post on here basically saying he should keep quiet because he has to protect the club's name. Where have I heard that before?

Stupid idiots like the guy who has abused him need to be eradicated from our support. That won't happen if its kept quiet.

But but but it could be Celtic fans pretending to be Rangers fans.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But but but it could be Celtic fans pretending to be Rangers fans.

On the 0.00000001% chance it is, the police shouldn't even bother chapping the door - punishment enough having the brain of someone who would spend money on a PS Plus or Now or Live account to pretend to be a rival team football fan on the internet.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I know mate, but it’s people’s first instinct all the time.

Its peoples first instinct because its happened before though mate, Yeah I agree that the first instinct should be concern for a young boy getting racially abused but you cant really blame people for being concerned about the club and how its perceived off the back of this, but yeah it shouldn't be the first priority.

If it is a Rangers fan I just don't understand the mentality of it. 

Look at it this way, our team are chock full of different races and that person would have no doubt celebrated many times the efforts of those different races working together. So is it selective or frivolous racism?

We ran the everyone anyone campaign at great cost and effort to the club and it's still not getting through to some people.

You'd also expect it to be a younger guy as well if it's like @wewillfollowrangers said and they've got a live account.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

If it is a Rangers fan I just don't understand the mentality of it. 

Look at it this way, our team are chock full of different races and that person would have no doubt celebrated many times the efforts of those different races working together. So is it selective or frivolous racism?

We ran the everyone anyone campaign at great cost and effort to the club and it's still not getting through to some people.

You'd also expect it to be a younger guy as well if it's like @wewillfollowrangers said and they've got a live account.

You’ve just said the boy should keep quiet till he knows who actually did it 😂😂😂 fucking hell

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

On the 0.00000001% chance it is, the police shouldn't even bother chapping the door - punishment enough having the brain of someone who would spend money on a PS Plus or Now or Live account to pretend to be a rival team football fan on the internet.

I’ve never tried online gaming but, is it completely impossible that a scum supporter, using his usual id, stumbles across this young Rangers player now and again (maybe they both tend to be online at the same time?) and decides to abuse him?

Then, realising the stick he might get and that he’s got an opportunity to blame us, sleekitly logs in as “katic19” or whatever, apparently a Rangers supporter?

Is that impossible?

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I’ve never tried online gaming but, is it completely impossible that a scum supporter, using his usual id, stumbles across this young Rangers player now and again (maybe they both tend to be online at the same time?) and decides to abuse him?

Then, realising the stick he might get and that he’s got an opportunity to blame us, sleekitly logs in as “katic19” or whatever, apparently a Rangers supporter?

Is that impossible?

You can't change your username as easy as that, no 

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Is that impossible?

You can only change name once on pa4 iirc

No idea on xbox

Archived