***St Mirren vs Rangers***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RDB14 said:

As soon as they were ahead, we had to keep Itten on.  Playing the ball on the deck against a low block was never going to work.  We needed his height up front and Defoe to feed off him.  I thought Balogun was quite soft all night as well.

Spot on 

He clearly wanted Bassey changed as well so why did we give them an additional 10 minutes of playing against him after half time 

Cost us another goal 

Protest outside Ibrox...lol.

Poorest performance  of the season but it slightly eases any fixture congestion.

Better to lose in the Betfred than the league.Failed to use the flanks unlike St Boo  who were most effective in those areas particularly the right wing.

An off night for a number of players  I think it was obvious who they were .

Put it behind us ,learn from it and move on.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

If one loss against all the wins against the far better teams we’ve played affects them then we have deeper issues.

We could have bounced back from the  January losses at Kilmarnock and Hearts in the past couple of seasons and still at least put up reasonable challenges for the league but we all know what happened 

For all the optimism that’s build up under Gerrard (I’ve been feeling it as much as anyone else recently) the fact this team hasn’t won a trophy yet is still a  millstone around the neck 

We need to see what happens, winning all the league games before the 2nd January really is a must now 

1 minute ago, The Monk said:

Hopefully Helander comes straight back in now.

Little late don't you think? Helander has been hung out to dry. He was dropped before his Covid and no where to be seen in three games since fit. One bad game all year. 

What fucks me off the most is that if we had taken that to Extra Time we would likely have breezed it. Their corner came from another slack pass from Kamara (I believe) with 2 minutes to go on the edge if our box. If we had just cleared our lines rather than trying to pass it out I would have been extremely confident of going through, but sheer stupidity has cost us in my opinion.

Hurts more that we got the hope with the equaliser then fucked it straight away.

Most important thing is we get behind the team again and support them in the league. This calling them a bunch of bottlers etc is harsh after an exceptional start to the season. We fucked it. Best to move on and focus on our one true goal, the league.

20 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I'm not saying its been a great night so far for us but yous have chucked the league on the back of it deary me

We'll see. I do not see how this will be any different from the previous seasons under Gerrard, there's no clear indication of change in mentality. 

If we'd won a cup that was presented to us on a silver platter the mood would maybe be different, just maybe.

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

Gerrards selection was the main reason it was 2-2 in the first place!! You can’t seriously think that team selection was correct?! 

Of course i dont. We should have had our strongest 11 on from the start cause we need a trophy. But we have chopped changed all season and everyone in here including me has said we are strong regardless of what 11 play. Well the players were pish. Aribo was fucking horrific. Gave the ball away more times than i can remember. 

Archived