11 of your favourites.

bluenose244

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only cunt that can never make these lists cause I can never remember which side or sometimes what position players played in? 😅

I've always been a Rangers fan but never much of a football fan in general and I think its quite impressive when folk can recall on detail the way games played out and describe how goals happened from decades ago

15 hours ago, tannerall said:

McGregor

Numan Young Forsyth Jardine

MacDonald (A)   Baxter  Cooper

McLean (T)  Morelos  Morton 

Hawd on, you saw Alan Morton play fs 

I know people say you’re old but fucking he’ll how old are you ? 

33 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Hawd on, you saw Alan Morton play fs 

I know people say you’re old but fucking he’ll how old are you ? 

15 hours ago, tannerall said:

I'm the same, but just interpreted the OPs  post as allowing those or those you had an affinity for literally, which I think is what he may have intended.

If not then Morton Young and Morelos out, and Henderson, Laudrup and Souness in. 

I've got a Rangers all time XI backlit on the wall, the team is

Goram

Greig  Gough  Butcher  Jardine

Laudrup Baxter Gascoine Cooper

Mcoist  Hateley 

That's the way the set came although i would have dropped Butcher and maybe Hateley(even tho i loved him) 

Goram

Jardine  Gough  Greig  Numan

Mcoist    Morelos

What a team that would be

Ritchie

Shearer

Gough

Weir

Caldow

Gazza 

Greig 

Baxter 

Wilson

Forrest 

Hateley

Ok going to cheat....Subs

McGregor 

Sebo,..... just for that last minute goal against Aberdeen alone, they had been mouthy all afternoon and Sebo shut them up.

Jimmy Millar

McCoist

Johanson 

Not the best team, but I'll try and make a team out of 11 of my favourites  a lot of players who played for us were much better but in order to include my favourites it will not be the best team overall but they'd give anyone a game, here goes.

The Goalie

Sandy                      Gough                    Brown.                The Legend

Bud             Doddie                   Russell.               Slim

Ally.                Stein

Imagine having to leave out Durrant, Ian Ferguson, Dave Smith, Albertz, Stuart Monroe, wee Willie Henderson, DJ, Robertson, Numan, Gazza, the prince of Denmark, Coops etc, like I said earlier it's impossible for us auld cunts.

19 hours ago, tannerall said:

As a wee guy who used to go across to Bellahouston Park to watch the training, I was in awe of the players. They had strength, confidence, fitness and more importantly stature, that's what it took to be a Rangers player,and even Tommy McLean seemed like a giant. 

I lived in the Dumbreck flats used to watch them train too. DJ was always last when it came to jogging round the park 😊 Best header of a ball I've seen. His goal for Scotland against Wales was unbelievable. In saying that he didn't make my team. I went for Parlane and McCoist up top. 

On 10/02/2021 at 10:47, cascadeshrimp said:

I've got a Rangers all time XI backlit on the wall, the team is

Goram

Greig  Gough  Butcher  Jardine

Mcoist  Hateley 

That's the way the set came although i would have dropped Butcher and maybe Hateley(even tho i loved him) 

Goram

Jardine  Gough  Greig  Numan

Mcoist    Morelos

What a team that would be

McCoist and Hateley just go together though. Cant imagine otherwise

On 09/02/2021 at 18:27, slimjim1690 said:

Fucking impossible for us auld cunts to pick a favourite 11.

try best ever scots only.. goram jardine caldow greig woodburn forsyth baxter henderson stein mccoist cooper    or best ever home grown talent that skould keep you busy.

Soely as per OPs request for favourite players

Niemi (Not sure why other than i thought he was unlucky to be with us when he was)

Ricksen, Amo, Andrews , Numan

Laudrup, Barry, Albertz, Novo

Boyd, Mols

Shagger, Konterman, McCrorie (he will be a great player), McCulloch, Cooper (only because i never saw himm play in a Rangers jersey), Super.

Granted a couple of them would be in my best 11 as well.

Tried to keep to the rules. Not all of them are the best players as I've left obvious legends of the games ones out but definitely not the worst team on paper.

Charbonnier

Reyna      Bougherra      Mohsni      Albertz

Gattuso        Hemdani

Caniggia

Sebo                         Novo

Morelos

Bench: Snelders, Bates, Bjorklund, Tuguy, Kranjcar, Durie, Van Vossen

On 09/02/2021 at 19:36, stevemac said:

Forgot to add candeias in my pick. Not the best but a loveable player who IMO helped both tav and morelos and always gave 100% - we've since got better players but always liked him

Agree he wasn't always the best and agree we've since got better players abilitywise but in a weird way I don't think we've actually replaced him. Nobody has nailed down the right sided attacking slot in the same way that Kent (despite what we think of his current form) has nailed down the left sided attacking slot. He was brilliant covering for Tav, as any right sided player should do (used to call it dove-tailing but not heard that phrase for years). Jack seems to be the man for that now so despite using the same formation as when Gerrard came in it looks as though we've subtly tweaked the tactics to compensate.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic

Jack Davis Kamara

Roofe                                     Kent
Morelos

Really interesting reading through the lineups, some outstanding players that would give us a headache naming a squad of 22 let alone a starting 11.

But, Shagger and one mention of Tav aside, not one player from a team that is running away with the league is included.  True, the current team is yet to lift a trophy but could end up having the best league record of any Rangers team ever. 

So what does this tell us? 

Archived