• Jack
    • Aribo
    • Arfield
    • Hagi
    • Morelos
    • Kent
    • Roofe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 14:08

3 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

And is a virtual spectator for most of our games, thanks to the players in front of him, Jon McLaughlin has 10 shut outs in 11 appearances as well dont forget.

Greegs has been outstanding when called upon no doubt but our season hasn't been about our goalkeeper ffs.

Ffs, he's done brilliant, remember his save on Thursday night ffs.

Goldson for me too, boys a machine, , he's a colossus in defence and has scored vital goals at the other end, some of the long diagonal passes he plays are sublime, ever present in the last 70 odd games and quickest in our history to 150 games, absolutely outstanding this season.

1 hour ago, foghorn leghorn said:

It was brilliant, but If you want to bring it down to just one game how about the most pivotal one of the season, I remember Goldson putting 2 past the tarriers at the paedodome when Greegs should have just took a book and a deckchair and been charged to get in.

Greeks has been fantastic when called upon this season, he's a legend, I just dont think this season has been about our keeper.

Goldson, Tav and Davis have been instrumental in more games this season than our keeper has, that's pretty undeniable.

This is a great argument to have. So many of our team have been consistently immense in their performances through out the season. Picking one out that team, a great argument and almost every player could be considered because of the qualities they bring to the game. This is one of those seasons when we will all look back and think "Why were we so good, how did we do it"? This is a great Rangers team, full of great players working as a unit and we should try and soak in as much of it as we can.

14 hours ago, ZZed said:

This is a great argument to have. So many of our team have been consistently immense in their performances through out the season. Picking one out that team, a great argument and almost every player could be considered because of the qualities they bring to the game. This is one of those seasons when we will all look back and think "Why were we so good, how did we do it"? This is a great Rangers team, full of great players working as a unit and we should try and soak in as much of it as we can.

Agreed. Have just been going through some pics of the title winning party from 2009. Some of the payers back then weren't exactly superstars, but as a team, they were incredible. This seasons team probably has more talent in the squad, but considering we've been found wanting the last couple of seasons, the turnaround has been fantastic. You could easily argue 5 names. Surprised that Kamara hasn't even had 1 vote.....that's unreal, the guys been class too :lol: 

16 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Should maybe have held off until a few games into the split but I’m going for McGregor.

Could make a argument for about 5 of our players tbh.

I just thought doing it now felt right. We've won the league, so who knows whether some players might get rested a bit, and saved for the SC or UEFA cup. 

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I just thought doing it now felt right. We've won the league, so who knows whether some players might get rested a bit, and saved for the SC or UEFA cup. 

It's just testament to how good we've this season that it's so difficult to pick an outright POTY. 

I went for Goldson, but he just pipped Tav, McGregor and Davis. Kamara has been great too, and Kent at the start of the season (then had a dip), but has been great recently. Morelos has been an all round better team player, and has rediscovered his scoring form of late. Helander and Barisic been good to. That's how we are Champions! :rangers:

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I didn’t mean the poll mate just my vote, but that save last Thursday tipped the scales for me anyway.

On 13/03/2021 at 20:15, Graham said:

It's difficult but I've gone for McGregor. I think hes had a hand in the improvement of our organisation at the back, which has brought/helped others into the equation.

It's just good to know that the list for the SPL POTY will be much the same as the one noted. Not even a doubt one of our players is getting it.

Surely Shane Duffy is in with a shout. He has entertained me all season long and has been very consistent.

3 hours ago, kanjo said:

Hard choice between Tav, Goldson and McGregor but went with Tav. He had captained us to one of (if not our most significant) title in decades and he deserves the praise which comes with that. 

That is my 1,2 and 3 as well, but anyone of them would be worthy winners IMO. :cup:

Goldson - quietly going about his business - defence has been awesome, he’s scored important goals, his leadership on the park has become very evident, and his record of playing every game is phenomenal. 
shagger, Davis, Tav, Kent all up there but Goldson is mr consistency! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2021 at 22:04, foghorn leghorn said:

Those saves earn us points more directly and dramatically than anything else, apart from a defender clearing off the line. But it's not all about that, there are hefty contributions all over the park and many of them go unnoticed. Winning balls in midfield, goal assists, blocks at the back, even just being in a good position. If a player does that for a run of games it can be hugely important. I'm not saying it shouldn't be McGregor, but it's certainly not an easy one for me. 

I think that Alfie must be in with a shout. He may not have scored as many goals as last season but many of those he has scored have been vital. However, his overall play has improved greatly and he is much more of a team player than before. in addition, he has, for the most part, curbed his petulance meaning fewer cards therefore fewer suspensions